April 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

The Astronomical Kid Says 'X Factor' Fight With Simon Cowell Was Scripted (VIDEO)

by Stephanie Opella, posted Oct 6th 2011 5:35PM
Brian Bradley, aka The Astronomical Kid, the 14-year-old 'X-Factor' contestant who got into a confrontation with Simon Cowell after performing his song 'Stop Looking at My Mom!,' dropped by 'Good Day NY' (weekdays, 9 AM ET on Fox) to squash the beef.

Actually, Bradley said the whole thing was a scripted set-up. As Simon was judging him after his performance, The Astronomical Kid cut him off, saying "Yo, what is your problem, man? Are you serious?" He told Cowell he was lucky they weren't in the streets "because if we was in the streets, this is what I'd say to you. Soundman, drop that," and then transitioned into his next song.

While L.A. Reed looked nervous as it was happening, Brian told Greg Kelly and guest co-host Debbie Gibson that it was all part of the performance. "Everybody on YouTube is saying 'oh he's rude,' but obviously it was part of the performance. That's why I got a yes. If there really was an argument between me and Simon I would've got sent home," he clarified.

ctnmidwest

Check out Josh Krajcik on YouTube.com singing his own song "Shut Your Mouth" and you'll be convinced he's about to be a huge star. Really great to find an American artist of this caliber hidden amongst us. An amazing talent.

October 13 2011 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blaisdellk2pr

Sorry, posted that twice. If you watch the above video, it was edited together out of order.

October 10 2011 at 6:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blaisdellk2pr

first off, the text in the article says that the confrontation came after the performance. WRONG. It was before the performance and anyone paying attention once the song began would clearly see that it was a "set-up" for the song. I don't think Simon caught on at first, judging by his expression. But he figured it out and gave him a yes.

October 10 2011 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blaisdellk2pr

October 10 2011 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
michaelmcllns

hey AstronomicalKid can u accept my friend requst plez

October 09 2011 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
froggyanearl

Why people like this show is crazy. I think its all hype, it's all about the judges, its all scripted, it's all clear attempts at creating drama and humor, that's all fake as is the show. What this show reminds me of, is a typical English comedy, it's all flashy lights and dry emotionless scripted "comedic" scenes that are not funny, wrapped in an over abundance of useless crap. Actually it has a lot similarities to The Office, in that it is just dry emtionless bland humor, which is TOTALLY english style comedy. The Xfactor is I'm heavily influenced by Cowel or his English minions he higher'd to run the show. But this show sucks. American idle, I would pick over it but I don't care for that show either, it's definitely over cooked and time to go. I hope Xfactor gets the AXE buuuut, it probably won't, everybody likes that **** I guess.

October 08 2011 at 7:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
makito93

I don't like his song...

BUT...I loved his stage presence and is a great performer. I would like to see more of this kid. And hey, if you can't dance, then don't dance, that's why you higher people like me to do the dancing for you!

October 08 2011 at 3:57 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to makito93's comment
makito93

*hire

October 08 2011 at 3:58 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
michaelmcllns

u suck

October 09 2011 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mitra9

Brian Bradley :
You look like a very talented young boy. Good luck.

October 08 2011 at 1:30 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
tinatrry3

@jamesfitch7 ur an ignorant white a** . Why do he have to be seen n such a negative way.Some of you white people are a trip. where do you think ur going when you die ? WHEITHER IT BE HEAVEN (I DOUBT IT) OR HELL(SOUNDS MORE FOR U)there will be diff. races. And what if he did get food stamps why don't you do something to help the world and not B#$%* ABOUT IT.And blam everything on blacks.And by the way those young white boys is the reason why most black rappers are so suscessful. cause u know WE'S CAN'TS AFFORD NOTHING BUT DRUGS AND CHICKEN.SO U SAY. LMBO UR COMMENTS MAKE ME LAUGH

October 08 2011 at 12:29 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
jamesfitch7

just a typical AA with the same old attitude and sense of entitlement.... He is probably raised on food stamps and unemployment sporting head phones most middle income workers couldnt the luxury of.. Look at the look on his face typical i gots uh attitude cuz i aints white!!

October 07 2011 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply