November 23, 2014

The CW Cancels 'H8R'

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 6th 2011 6:55PM
H8RThe CW is saying see ya l8r to 'H8R.' The network will replace the low-rated reality series with reruns of the Sarah Michell Gellar drama 'Ringer.'

According to the Hollywood Reporter, 'Ringer' reruns will begin Wed., Oct. 12 at 8PM ET.

Mario Lopez hosted the show that saw had celebrities being confronted by their "haters," everyday people who dislike the famous face.

The show premiered to 1.3 million total viewers, but had an abysmal 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The Wed., Oct. 5 airing had a total of 1.1 million viewers.

'H8R' is the third show canceled this season. NBC already canceled 'Free Agents' and 'The Playboy Club.'

knightmoves52

THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH YOU SCOTT i AM SURE EVERY LESSON ON LIFE IS A NEW ADVENTURE FOR YOU. i AM NOT A HATER scott NEVER CARED ENOUGH ABOUT YOU TO HATE.

October 08 2011 at 8:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blatinotop4u

The show would've been better if it was just called Mario. Just show him butt naked, twitching his butt and flexing his pecs. OH GAWD, heaven!

October 07 2011 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelso Horror

H8rs gotta Hate yo.
I guess thats why it got cancled! LOL

October 07 2011 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laine

The Playboy Club was DOA ! Pathetic !

October 07 2011 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

Well I'm still ticked at ABC over losing & grieving my friends & family of Pine Valley (at least i feel as though they are) Then I also discover that Bros & Sis' was yanked after 5 long seasons.. & we had no warning or finale?!! that is just wrong! I believe anytime a show is on for more than 1 season we should get closure!! Brian Fron's is a complete selfish & non-compassionate morron. Who could care less about the majority of his viewers. He could have done a LOT to try & preserve AMC & OLTL for us devoted viewers like make it a 30min & join the 2 in the same hr block or even make it a once a week late night program. But he says get over it & took 1000's of jobs away to replace with yet aother boring cooking/talk show (b/c its cheaper to do, so more $$ for his beach house, or fancy cars, etc) He didn't even ever have the descensy to reply to any of these loyal viewers that they supposedly do everything for! As far as Playboy club goes... I watched the pilot.. & I liked it. I don't understand what the big deal is about it? I've seen some crazzzziness on other shows that I have to make sure my kidsarent even gonna pass down the hall. Like some of the "love" scenes on Private practice & some of the vocabulary & scenes on Greys Anatomy.. so not sure what the heck the deal is there. It's just tellin a story about the beginning of playboy came to be.. not in a distastefull way either. OH well... ABC has jsut about lost me... if it weren't for Desp.H, Greys, Priv Prac & the new Pan Am... I'd be washing my hands they way they so quickly give up on us. Like Dirty Sexy Money, had great ratins for many weeks, then the #'s slumped for a few... & AX.. DONE!! Samantha Who.. same story... did great til they kept moving it around, then AX!!

October 07 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amy714547

I agree with ae12wrangell-the show "Whitney"-probably one of the worst pilots I've ever seen-the laugh track was throughout the show-I guess as a reminder"hey this is supposed to be funny"-AWFUL show. I dind't attempt to watch Charlies's Angesl-those remakes never last very long. If it wern't for ScyFy and A&E I wouldn't be doing much tv watching-oh but Modern Family-well written-well acted-LOVE this show.

October 07 2011 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FSU Seminole's

They are 86ing shows left and right. I guess that they have not figured out what people will watch. I have got to where I will put the show on my DVR so that I can watch it later and skip thru all of the commercials. All that money that the companies are paying for the ads and I am flying thru the commercials with about 7 - 9 skips on the remote.

October 07 2011 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to FSU Seminole's's comment
David

Three cancellations is NOT "86ing left and right". This happens every year. In any given TV season, several shows are given the boot

October 07 2011 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
roguewrench01

Face It, folks. HollyWierd hasnt had an original idea since the 50's. It doesnt look to be changing anytime soon, either.

October 07 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ae12wrangell

Next to be executed are;
"2 Broke Girl's"
, "Pan-Am" (I thought the show would be a bit more respectful to the defunct airline, and it's former worker's, but noooo. That would mean going above and beyond the call of duty)
"Whitney" (First episode was 30 minute's I will never get back)
"Charlie's Angel's"
"A Gifted Man" (bored me to death after 20 minute's. Next Channel?)

October 07 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
CAROLYN

Oh darn, was hoping it was "The Chew". Did anyone else notice that t.v. is not worth watching anymore. If TV Land wasn't on, I would just get rid of mine. I'm hoping someone with some sense will soon take over programming for ABC. Don't watch much NBC or CBS, but will start soon as I will be boycotting ABC as soon as "One Life to Live" is taken off the air. AND to think these executives are the ones that make BIG bucks. Makes you wonder.

October 07 2011 at 1:30 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply