August 28, 2014

Roseanne's Sitcom Comeback Will Happen on NBC

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 10th 2011 10:05AM
Roseanne Barr SitcomRoseanne Barr's new sitcom has been snapped up by NBC. The series, 'Downwardly Mobile,' features a group of family and friends living in a trailer park.

According to Deadline, Barr co-created the sitcom with her boyfriend John Argent and former 'Roseanne' executive producer Eric Gilliland. NBC has purchased the comedy with a script commitment and penalty. What's that mean? They have to pay up if the project doesn't go forward.

Barr recently returned to TV with 'Roseanne's Nuts' on Lifetime. The short-lived reality show thrust the veteran sitcom star back into the spotlight and gave her a platform to say she'll run for president.

NBC appears to be positioning itself as the home for star-driven sitcoms. The network currently has projects in development with Dane Cook, Sarah Silverman and Snoop Dogg. Plus, this season's 'Whitney' from Whitney Cummings and the upcoming Chelsea Handler sitcom.

Tell us: Are you excited for Roseanne's sitcom comeback?

Sandra Bridges

I was wondering if anyone knew the significance of the Chicken/ Egg shirt featured on so many of the episodes? Was it just a prop? An inside joke? I just recently became a roseanne fan after watching the ENTIRE series with a friend of mine. She doesn't have a clue either, but we love it! Found it here for anyone else that is interested:

Thanks for your help!
xox

March 26 2012 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crazy ray

I guess NBC never heard about "Roseanne's Nuts."

October 10 2011 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

I love Roseanne's show, Roseanne's Nuts! She's so funny and so is her boyfriend and kids. It's a great show so I'll watch any new sitcom she's in because if she's in it, it's going to be good!

October 10 2011 at 2:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dexter Morgan

NBC is DEAD to me...except for Harry's Law and sports.......Rosanne is a YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS !!!

October 10 2011 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nlucas37

I love Roseanne. Any show she does is GREAT.

October 10 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
peaches

Roseanne's new gig could be a hit . I will certainly check it out. I just hope the rest of the cast will be as good as the original crew.

October 10 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

I can't imagine this will be in anyway enjoyable to watch. The series Roseanne was funny the first 3 or 4 seasons, but that was due mostly to a great supporting cast, never Rosanne herself.

October 10 2011 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

If Rosie is smart, she'll get Laurie Metcalf on the show in some copacity.

October 10 2011 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trev Bayers

Thank god. Roseanne in a new sitcom. It's about time Rosie. I hope it's a huge hit because TV sitcoms haven't been the same since you left.

October 10 2011 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply