April 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Betty White Announces She's Running for President on 'The Late Late Show' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 11th 2011 6:15AM
Betty White, 'The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson'Betty White is always a hoot when she makes her frequent stops to 'The Late Late Show' (Weeknights, 12:37AM ET on CBS). She usually spotlights some zany new job she has and passes sexual innuendos back and forth with Craig Ferguson, but this time she had some serious business to talk about.

White has decided to run for president, and she's doing it for a reason many Americans can relate to in these tough economic times. "I needed some cash," she said. "I'm flat broke."

Unfortunately, she didn't put as much thought into her campaign posters. She brought one to show Ferguson, which mimicked the color style of the Barack Obama 'Hope' posters. But her message might be misconstrued. The posters read 'White Power.'

bfgair

FINALLY a Real candidate!!! Well there goes Goofy and the 8 Republican dwarfs down the tubes. She has my vote as she is much more real than ANY ONE of the Republicans and I also think she has more of a mind left than the one we have now. 'WHITE POWER"

October 12 2011 at 1:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
keith

bush ruined any chance a white man has of being elected , now barry has done the same for the brothers , ladies your up next!

October 11 2011 at 2:49 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
stacymill8

Don't you just LOVE her? She is a hoot. We all need to have a sense of humor as she does. Thanks for the laugh Mrs. White, I love you...

October 11 2011 at 2:45 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
fishbbtnc

Nobody would make the mistake. They would know she is referring to her name...Everybody knows there is no White Power.

October 11 2011 at 2:45 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
nayss

True! seems Betty blew her candy bar commercial money at the Casino.. Lawyer Ms. White at Blackwell Sanders Peper Martin is probably still mad at me..........................................................................Oh well!
Join me at Twitter @NayssMark ......................................................................................................

October 11 2011 at 2:29 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
HI Steve

Think about it, no entertainer should run for any political office. Just because they know how to act, doesn't mean they can run the state, look at arnold for california. They might act a great role to take advantage of the people, they are actors. No offense on either but i guess they are/were better than current cannidates.

October 11 2011 at 2:29 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to HI Steve's comment
Gerda

Really? How would you explain St. Ronnie?

October 11 2011 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eeverettm

Keep the change BO. We've found a new savior.

October 11 2011 at 2:20 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Robert Brooks

I'm sure she knew damn well what she was putting on that poster. She's a comedian ffs. Most comedians of her era, PC wasn't apart of the vocabulary. And at what, 90, I'm sure she don't g.a.f. either.

October 11 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Robert Brooks's comment
Michael

Robert - You're right - I'd bet $50 K that she knew EXACTLY what the effect of what her poster would have.

October 11 2011 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debdeegeorge

Two of the most naturally funny people in the world, just doing what they do best! I love Betty White! And I love Craig Ferguson! Quite the pair when they are together! I'd vote for either of them!

October 11 2011 at 2:15 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Robert Brooks

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHA!!!! Funny as HELL.

October 11 2011 at 2:15 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply