August 29, 2014

NBC Orders More 'Harry's Law'

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 12th 2011 10:30AM
Harry's LawNBC has ordered six additional scripts for the Kathy Bates' 'Harry's Law.' This brings the Season 2 episode total to 19.

Now in its second season, 'Harry's Law' is one of NBC's top dramas. Last week's episode was watched by 8.5 million viewers, up about a million viewers from its last two airings. The show goes up against some of TV's top shows Wednesday nights at 9PM, including 'Modern Family' and 'Criminal Minds.'

From David E. Kelley, 'Harry's Law' follows Harriet Korn, a brash lawyer not afraid to ruffle feathers. Bates was nominated for an Emmy for her performance Season 1 of the series.

However, according to EW, its rating in the 18-49 demo is very low, matching the now-canceled 'The Playboy Club'.

Bobbie Lee

Please don't even think about canceling Harry's Law. It's one of the best acted shows on T.V. and always leaves you thinking . Take off some of the senseless reality shows that are a waste of time. Kathy Bates is a winner.

May 31 2012 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lillian

If I had my way I would fire all the people who make the decisions of who and what to cancel based on age group. You can tell how smart they are, and how old they are due to the stupid shows they choose to keep on TV. The Office, Cummunity, Parks and Recreation, American Dad, the Bachelorette, New Girl, Futurama. To many to list. Something they should keep in mind is that us old farts have more money then young people, and we spend it. Harry's Law is very good and the stories are relevent to todays issues. They have to be young people doing this because they have no patients, they need instant gradification. They can't waite for somethings to grow and get better. Night Court was on a long time ago, The first year was a little iffy, but the kept it on and it turned out to be one of the best shows on the air. I can't help it I am just so discussed seeing my favorite show get cancelled. The Playboy Club I liked, the clothes, the music, the makeup. Pan Am, I don't have a clue whats going on there. I really like this show, the clothes of the day, the makeup, the hairdo's, what the girls had to do to be a stewardess on a big airline. LEAVE HARRY,S LAW ALONE PLEASE. LFPaul

May 27 2012 at 9:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JuneS

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I LOVE THIS SHOW. KEEP'M COMIN

February 28 2012 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aliciasea2

A TERRIFIC SHOW, HAS CHARACTOR, REAL ISSUES, DRAMA AND A FABLUOUS ACTOR, "HARRY"
THIS IS AN INTELLIGENTIAL SHOW........WE APPRECIATE IT.

February 12 2012 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cathylr

When will we see more of Harry's Law? It's gone! and it's February 2012. It's one of the few shows we care to watch. We were devastated when The Defenders disappeared. That was a great show. I don't know who these people are that make such decisions. We (in our 80s) sure don't want to watch the "talent" shows with the screechers who can't sing.

February 08 2012 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
msopherco

Harry's Law is a great show! It may not appeal in the greatest numbers to the 18-49 demographic , but listen, advertisers, there are many people who are older than 49 and who (according to recent news reports) have more purchasing power than the 18-49 year-olds! It is a pleasure to watch an intelligent, curmudgeonly, and often funny protagonist! You go, Harriet!

November 15 2011 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeanne

I hate this show now. What made it so good is now gone. Most of the original characters, the shop, etc. I also hate Jean Smart's character. So much so that I just turn the channel. This show was so good in its first season. Why do the networks always think they know what we want? They missed on this one.

November 03 2011 at 12:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hi Jo : )

Put Harry BACK downstairs in the shoe store !!!

October 19 2011 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

At first I wasn't sure I was going to like all the changes on Harry's Law but I am loving it! The first 3 episodes were excellent as was last nights. I'm so glad it is getting the attention it deserves.

October 13 2011 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Javanese

I'm glad the retooling of the show brought some sort of success but I've stopped watching when they went the "law firm" way. I prefer season 1 underdogs in small store story line.

October 12 2011 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply