November 23, 2014

Finding New Homes for the Stars of Fall 2011's Canceled Shows

by AOL TV Staff, posted Oct 12th 2011 1:00PM
Canceled Shows 2011Look out! The post-premiere-season cancellation axe is swinging, and no star is safe. So far, four shows have fallen -- taking with them everyone from Kathryn Hahn ('Free Agents') to Johnny Drama ('How to Be a Gentleman') -- and more are sure to follow.

But there's no reason one bad project should banish '24' veteran Mary Lynn Rajskub or 'Flight of the Conchords' genius Rhys Darby from our TV screens -- or, perhaps worse, relegate them to one-off-guest-star obscurity.

To remedy this situation, AOL TV has some free advice for casting directors: together, we can find new homes for the undeserving victims of fall 2011.

Check out the gallery below, and tell us if you agree with our choices.

maria marro-perera

Shame about free Agents - so much better than other comedies around

October 16 2011 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan Hofflander

Seriously???!!! Free Agents was an intelligent funny show!!! So sorry it got cancelled. I want more Hank Azaria!!!

October 15 2011 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
j5kevin550

i think Rhys Darby should've been the new boss on The Office..

October 15 2011 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

I was thinking the other night that David Krumhotlz could come back on Criminal Minds revising his role he played on NUMB3RS as"Charlie" Eppes, PhD to assist in a solving a crime. He and Dr. Spencer Reid played by Matthew Gray Gubler would make an interesting team. Two geniuses trying to find a criminal. Watch out criminal.

Mary MacElveen
Sound Beach, NY

October 15 2011 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blanche

I know why it did not make it Free Agent is copied program from England for some reason when they try to make it American it does not come out right maybe because in England and Europe they can get away with a lot more .

October 15 2011 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rgsnaz

You know, I don't know who makes all these decisions but it's all crap. That is why I never watch any of the new shows because if I like them, they get cancelled. But they haven't offerred any new shows worth watching unless they are on HBO, Starz, Showtime or whatever. Sorry but in this economy I'm just glad I have television. They are trying to do shows about things we lived through like Pan Am and the Playboy Club. No meat. It's a big joke and all the shows that most of us like or love they are either cancelling or coming to an end. Why???? Brothers and Sisters was a great show. Medium was a great show. Ghost Whisperer was a great show. Desperate Housewives has been great. Don't like Secret Circle but still have my favorites Nikita and Supernatural, which I'm sure will disappear soon. The Closer is coming to an end. Saving Grace was great. Where have all the good shows gone????

October 15 2011 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
percheron1

Have you considered that maybe these people contributed the demise of the shows they were on???

October 15 2011 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
v7howkloosh

stars? Who said so? I have no flippin idea who these dolts are lol

October 15 2011 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hman570

Thank God for the many channels we have to choose from these days as most of the shows that are airing stink!! Glad that most have been scraped now to work on the rest of the junk and get back to some good TV!! If it were not for the reruns of older shows TV would be a bust!!

October 15 2011 at 9:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EDEE

Goawayll _____THE ILLIGELS WORK HERE FOR $7.00 8.00 DOLLERS AN HR I KNOW SOMEONE THAT CAME HERE A LONG TIME AGO & WORKED FOR $1.25 AN HOUR WOULD YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW WOKE FOR THAT ((((( I DONT THINK SO)))))WHEN I WAS IN CANCUN MY HUSBAND TALKED TO A LABOR HE MADE$ 5.00 A FROM SUN UP TO SUN DOWN IM NOT A ILLIGAL I WAS BORN HERE IVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 29 YRS TO JUAN HES A HARD WORKER & YES HE HAS HIS GREEN CARD HAVE YOU BEEN TO MEXICO ????? & SEE HOW SOME OF THE PEOPLE LIVE THERES GOOD PLACES & BAD IF YOUR OLD YOU HAVE NO FAMILY TO CARE FOR YOU YOUR ON THE STREET THEY HAVE NO SS---- NO COUNTY HOSP NO WORKMANS COMP

October 15 2011 at 9:26 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply