August 21, 2014

Kelsey Grammer Accused of Foul-Mouthed Rant After Being Asked About Ex-Wife on Australian TV

by Catherine Lawson, posted Oct 13th 2011 6:30AM
Kelsey GrammerViewers of 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' have watched as Kelsey and Camille Grammer's marriage first unraveled and then ended, oh so acrimoniously.

The strain of having their lives as ongoing tabloid fodder clearly seems to be taking its toll on Kelsey.

Even as Camille divulged new details about their marriage earlier this week, he was reportedly seeking a gag order to prevent her from allowing their young children to talk to reporters.

Now it's been reported that he lost it backstage at an Australian TV show and launched into a foul-mouthed rant after being asked about his ex-wife and 'The Real Housewives' live on air.

Kelsey's in Australia -- with his new wife -- to host the Australian Commercial Radio Awards, and has been hitting the media circuit to promote his upcoming new drama series, 'Boss.'

Appearing on early morning talk show 'Sunrise,' Kelsey chatted happily about the two decades he spent playing Dr. Frasier Crane (for the record, he says 'Frasier' has definitely left the building, so fans can stop holding their breath for a reunion), and his roles on 'The Simpsons' and 'Boss.'

However, he became visibly uncomfortable when hosts Natalie Barr and David Koch asked him about Camille. While playing a clip from Season 1 of 'Real Housewives,' Barr asked him "How difficult is it for 'The Real Housewives' thing to come out ... your ex-wife talking about it on a reality show?"

As a clearly uncomfortable Kelsey responded -- "It's bound to be what they do, you know. In my mind, that was my parting gift to her after a very difficult marriage and a very difficult decade. I thought maybe 'so long -- here's a little present for you'" -- the show played a clip of him and Camille kissing, before Koch swiftly changed the subject.

According to the 'Herald Sun,' after the interview Kelsey immediately called the show's producer Mark Beirne and unleashed a torrent of abuse. Sources told the paper that he hurled profanities at Beirne for airing the 'Real Housewives' footage.

"You are a vile person ... a sick dog ... your life must be tragic ... I feel sorry for you," Kelsey was heard screaming. A source at the network told the paper that he would not be invited back on to the show. Kelsey did not return calls from the newspaper yesterday.

Watch the interview that sparked the tirade, courtesy of 'Sunrise':

eiissasky

Love Kelsey The best thing he ever did was rid himself of that self absorbed wife,
That would not even give him Children, because her Narcissistic ways , She used the Cancer excuse BS!, She had another woman have the children.
Also On a show she said her panties and frilly things were her candy.
Kelsey wasn't seeing them. Thank Heaven he found a woman to love him for HIM! After watching Housewives, I can't see how he stayed with Camille so long.
He must feel like he just got out of Prison!
Enjoy Life Kelsey With your New wife and child.
What a Joy it will be to see her give birth to YOUR Child for you.
God bless you both!

October 23 2011 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Martin

Once more thing......I hope his show bombs. It's such a good premise and one I would probably like. Wish they would have chosen a different lead actor for the part because I'd never watch it with him in it.

October 14 2011 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Martin

I don't think there's anyone on TV I dislike more than Kelsey Grammer. Not only is he so full of himself, but he is a time bomb waiting to explode. Camille should be happy to be rid of him. I heard he was going to court to block Camille from having his kids ever appear on camera yet the same week he's shown leaving a popular paparazzi- laden restaurant with his kids in tow all over the internet. The surprising thing about this footage is that his kids were following him as Kelsey was more concerned with getting camera time. Any good parent would have been behind their kids to make sure nothing happened to them.

October 14 2011 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mikedebnpaul

Everytime this guy opens his mouth he sinks lower. What a scum bag. I hope his show tanks so he can go off into the sunset with his new wife and never be seen again.

October 13 2011 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
grammabet

He's had alcohol and drug problems in the past,maybe they've returned.He says he wants to run for mayor of New York.He's full of himself.

October 13 2011 at 8:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
darkcrash939

good grief...
when I was young, I thought it must be the most wonderful thing to be a famous actor or celebrity.
Thank you 'life' for not taking me down that road...
There are so very few I'd even think about envying...and wouldn't trade my simple life for any of theirs...
the more simpler, the betterer. lol

October 13 2011 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
corcoranjaq

it is the ugly undoing of a celebrity. Self destruction.

October 13 2011 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luval22

I don't see where that interview deserved such a heated response from Kelsey. I like Kelsey & enjoyed both of his shows where he played Frasier. However he is out of line here.

October 13 2011 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DIANE

Cheers, Frazier, voice over for Simpson's...those were the good Kelsey days. Gone except for seeing them replayed. As reported by the media, his rants may well be used ,like this, and make good publicity for his new part as a mean "Boss". Somehow I think he'll come out unscathed. Like he cares.

October 13 2011 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
floridanorm

Camile may not have been the best of wives. But Kelsey should have ended his marriage before hooking up with his current wife! He caused this scenerio to unfold on TV, and cannot expect it to go un-noticed by the public. I like your acting Kelsey, but as a husband and father, you stink!

October 13 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply