July 28, 2014

Larry Hagman: I Have Cancer

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 14th 2011 5:30PM
Larry Hagman CancerLegendary 'Dallas' star Larry Hagman has revealed he's battling cancer.

According to TV Guide Magazine, Hagman has been diagnosed with a highly treatable form of cancer. However, Hagman, who just turned 80, will report to work on the TNT 'Dallas' reboot on Oct. 17.

Hagman is still expected to participate in the series, it's unclear how, if it all, treatment will sideline him. So far he's currently scheduled for four episodes, but could appear in more.

This isn't the first health scare for the 'I Dream of Jeannie' star. In 1995 he had a very public liver transplant after developing cirrhosis of the liver.

"As J.R. I could get away with anything -- bribery, blackmail and adultery," Hagman said in a statement. "But I got caught by cancer. I do want everyone to know that it is a very common and treatable form of cancer. I will be receiving treatment while working on the new 'Dallas' series. I could not think of a better place to be than working on a show I love, with people I love. Besides, as we all know, you can't keep J.R. down!"

OLD OWL DAYCARE

thank god for Jesus god is a healer we are not supose to get sick ' but we do but that does not mean we supose to stay sick . sickness are not of God, listen please try your faith and beleive with all your heart mine and soul that christ died on the cross for ALL MEAN ALL KINDS OF SICKENESS AND THAT MEAN CANCER LISTEN I DARE ANYONE( THAT LOVE JESUS) TO FAST AND PRAY AT LEAST 7 TO 21 DAYS AND DRINK NOTHING BUT DISTILLED WATER. AND SEE WONT MY GOD HEAL YOU LOVE YOU ALL

November 08 2011 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rohare4835

I say good luck to Larry. I can relate I am a seven year survior. all people that get cancer are prayer for people that don't even know them and I thank them for that

October 17 2011 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
db1219

Thirty years ago I might have given a art's behind about this. But since I haven't heard or seen Larry Hagman since 1982, then why should I care?

October 16 2011 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yamobthere07

Dude drank himself sick , ruined his liver and kidneys and then jumped in front of hundreds that were waiting for a transplant. Screw him

October 16 2011 at 5:29 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Patti Jean !!!

Who shot J R? Kristin Shepard in 1980, Sue Ellens sister.

October 16 2011 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark

At least Charlie Sheen's implosion was interesting to the extent he did say some funny things.

October 16 2011 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gbelter777

Remember, they wouldn't allow Jeannie to show her naval on the show? I couldn't decide if I was in love with Jeannie or Samantha Stevens on Bewitch.

October 16 2011 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
irocker350

Who did "shoot" J.R.?
I still watch the old I dream of Jeannie reruns, god, I had such a crush on Barbara Eden.
Best wishes to Larry Hagman

October 16 2011 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmlkdbgram

So Hagman has cancer (real big news) millions of people have cancer. Wonder if they will get any attention

October 16 2011 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmlkdbgram

October 16 2011 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jmlkdbgram's comment
aries932

but "millions of people" aren't celebs...dig it?

October 19 2011 at 2:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply