August 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Andrea is Trapped by a Zombie on 'The Walking Dead' Premiere (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 17th 2011 4:00AM
'The Walking Dead' season premiere - 'What Lies Ahead'As much as 'The Walking Dead' (Sun., 10PM ET on AMC) is only going to work if it's about the characters and their stories, the fact that we are given reasons to care about them makes the zombie scares that much more compelling.

Then there's the fact that sometimes it's just cool to be stuck on the edge of your seat wondering if and how they're going to get out of this latest mess. Fans of the Robert Kirkman comic book series, and even this show, know that not everyone always gets away, which makes these moments even more intense.

This Season 2 premiere had several zombie scares, but nothing so strange and harrowing as the zombie herd that passed by on the highway. And for Andrea, it was even worse when one of them stumbled into the RV with her.

Andrea was ready to die in the season finale, but no matter how fatalistic she was in that moment, she was fighting to live in this scene. Or maybe, as she said at another point, fighting just to not die at the hands of a zombie.

What did you think of the super-sized season premiere of 'The Walking Dead'?

You can see Mo Ryan's advance review of the first two episodes here.

Cathy Shows Wilkerso

I love the series I could hardly wait until this series to begin.....too many commercials..

October 23 2011 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

Too many late commercials, great gore, let the little girl come back as a zombie pleeese!!!

October 17 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jack Cross

Disappointing. The characters are just too stupid to live. Why the hell would the little girl wander off? Why are the zombies getting smarter? Good ending though.

October 17 2011 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gibson Family

I really like this show and I am so glad it is back. I was really glad to see it was an hour and half so we could get a good start into the season BUT, there were so many commercials that all we got was about 30 min. of show. I timed some and we had 2 min of show and 4 min of commercials. I would have rather have had an hour of continual show than the stretched out show chopped up by so many breaks. As far as the how the start of the season, I thought they did a good job of getting us back into the lives of the characters. I am glad it is back and I will be watching the new season but it will be on my DVR list so I can speed through the commercials.

October 17 2011 at 7:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Gibson Family's comment
jrsoccerdude05

if you watch it online it runs for 63 minutes. The first part alone was 25 minutes long before its first commercial, so obviously they had to throw in an extra commercial later to compensate. other than that it was the normal length for an hour and a half show. (although i was getting tired of the commercials for that new western show by the end)

October 17 2011 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply