September 17, 2014

NBC Really Wants You to Watch 'Prime Suspect'

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 17th 2011 4:30PM
Prime Suspect NBC's new programming strategy? 'Prime Suspect' on all the time!

The network previously placed 'Prime Suspect' in the Mondays at 10PM timeslot formerly held by 'The Playboy Club,' but now the show will air on Tuesday, Wednesday and in its regular Thursday at 10PM home.

Have no fear, 'Parenthood' and 'Law & Order: SVU' fans, it's just during the week of Oct. 24. According to Vulture, 'Parenthood' and 'SVU' were scheduled to have rerun episodes during that week.

Another episode will run on Saturday at 9PM.

'Prime Suspect' kicked off to 6 million viewers, but since then it's dipped to 4.5 million. The ratings in the 18-49 demographic have also slipped from 1.8 to 1.3. This aggressive move could work in getting new eyes on the struggling freshman drama.

NBC recently ordered six more scripts for the series, but they've yet to be ordered into production.

Tell us: Will you give 'Prime Suspect' a try? If you have and quit the show, why did you stop watching?

Don LoGiudice

You must be crazy wanting to cancel this program. You keep a brainless show like "Up All Night", make a joke show out of "Chuck",a show I use to have on my "Do Not Miss" list. Maybe if you cancel it, CBS will pick it up and try to fit it in to the many hit programs they already have. Shame on you.

November 15 2011 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
welcome sbar

i was anxious for prime suspect to begin because i love maria bello. the previews looked interesting. and i was not disappointed. while the men she works with may not respect her for her relationship with some big wig, but it is more than obvious they do respect her impressive work as a detective. ok, maybe the hat has to go, but don't let that hat be a deterrent to the rest of the action. maria bello is a superb actress and brings such depth to her character. and the men around her are a good set of opposing attitudes. i love this show. my only wish would be that aiden quinn would have more of a role. he is so wonderful always. i suppose i could live without kenny johnson who usually does his best work naked. no, i didn't like saving grace. but i am a "closer" fanatic and i am losing my favorite show. and kyra sedgewick is my favorite everything; but if i have to lose her, i am so happy to have maria bello and prime suspect. its an engrossing and captivating hour of enjoyment i look so forward to every week. i hope it isn't cancelled. it deserves more consideration

November 08 2011 at 8:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Briang9581

With dvr, on demand, and online - why the carpet bombing campaign?

October 23 2011 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Martin

I wish more people would give this show a chance. I'm really enjoying it. And, I've even gotten used to the hat and the trench coat.

October 19 2011 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gibbslaporama

I have already seen Prime Suspect, a British show starring an amazing actor: Helen Mirren.

October 18 2011 at 8:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gibtide

I usually like nearly all cop shows. However, Prime Suspect has a"dirty" feeling about it. It is more of a "cult" type series then one of entertainment. Amazing Grace with Holly Hunter was like that so it does not surprise me to see one of that show's cast members in this series also. However, I must say that Hunter was a whole lot better than Bello at portraying the main character. Amazing Grace grew on you while Prime Suspect seems to push the viewer away. After watching the show three times, I could find absolutey no reason to like the main character and the rest of the cast is non rememberable. Done with taping this show.

October 18 2011 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
militantrabbit

The hat must go. Maria Bello must go. I have no interest in watching this show. I was more enthralled in watching Sue Thomas FBEye.

October 18 2011 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
changedmoon

prime suspect is ok not the worse on tv i say give it a chance.. we need women leads in crime dramas ...and she isnt hard to look at..

October 18 2011 at 1:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dexter Morgan

stuff that STUPID hat ..where the sun don't shine...and maybe......

Otherwise, i am Harry's Law.....1 and done...on NBC !!!!

Won't be slumming on lame network crapola....any more than i have to......
HBO
Showtime
PBS Masterpiece..........ROCK

October 17 2011 at 9:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Saltine

I can live with the hat, get rid of the raincoat. Give her some style...............

October 17 2011 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply