July 25, 2014

'The Walking Dead' Season 2 Premiere Ratings Make Cable History

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 17th 2011 3:25PM
The Walking Dead Season 2 Premiere Ratings'The Walking Dead' Season 2 premiere ratings are scary good. More than 7 million viewers watched the second season premiere of AMC's zombie hit.

According to AMC, the premiere was the "strongest telecast for any drama in basic cable history." The episode had 4.8 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic, 4.2 million viewers in 25-54 and a total of 7.3 million.

Factoring in the two encore airings, the show was watched by a total of 11 million viewers.

"'The Walking Dead' is one of those rare television programs that reaches both a core genre fan as well as broad audiences simply looking for a great, character-based story. We're so proud of and grateful for the amazing team on both sides of the camera who works so hard and is so committed to making this a unique programming event," Charlie Collier, president of AMC, said in a statement. "That 'The Walking Dead' is now the most watched drama in the history of basic cable is staggering, just like our zombies."

Check out photos and a clip from the premiere below.

For more 'The Walking Dead' content check out the stories below!

megontyler

yea that's kinda what I thought but my chick was telling me that it starts on sunday, either way I'm hooked... just gotta look out for it. http://www.bathroomvanitiesforless.com

June 19 2012 at 4:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MontyPython360

I was a hardcore fan of the comic book from 06. When I heard it was going to become a series I nearly died, few words can describe the feeling. I am more then impressed by how it has turned out. I might even go as far as to say that so far I enjoy some of the minor changes and plot twists to the story. The Walking Dead was AMC's most brilliant move- lets face it- in all of cable history :D

November 01 2011 at 6:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobby Stokel

Great Show - I hope they keep it going

October 18 2011 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Princess Dana

I love this show.

October 18 2011 at 1:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BREXSIS

I Knew When I Saw The First Showing Last Year It Would Be A Hit ,Very Creative Great Dramatic Actors,A Lot Of Gore,And Perfect Scenery, All Though Didn't Much care For The Use Of Animals Be coming Dinner For The Zombie's.

October 18 2011 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
insomniaticcat

My whole family loves this show, and we're all going to don proper zombie attire and makeup for Halloween.

October 17 2011 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
insomniaticcat

Love, love, love this show! Thank you AMC for bringing back TV that's actually worth watching and not trying to dumb us all down. Can't wait for the new one, "Hell on Wheels," and the return of "Mad Men."

October 17 2011 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark Hayes

For regular reviews of this season's 'The Walking Dead," read the zombie blog Mort-Vivant -- written by the living for the living about matters of the undead. My review of "What Lies Ahead" is here: http://mort-vivant.blogspot.com/2011/10/walking-dead-season-2-episode-1-what.html

October 17 2011 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mark Hayes's comment
powermetal2000

Spam is spam. Even if it is about zombies.

October 17 2011 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Panxena

Perfect debue perfect time of the year to have this great horror show return! Between American Horror Story and Walking Dead, viewers will not be getting much sleep for awhile!. We love to be scared! Keep up the creeps and gore and scares.

October 17 2011 at 9:01 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Catzs

Loved it, loved it, loved it! It's one of my top two shows this season next to American Horror Story.....good, creepy, scary entertainment.

October 17 2011 at 8:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply