December 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Gene Simmons Confronts His 'Father' In an Exercise on 'Family Jewels' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 18th 2011 5:15AM
'Gene Simmons Family Jewels'Gene Simmons got into a pretty uncomfortable place at Marriage Bootcamp on 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' (Mon., 9PM ET on A&E). But, he's proved that he's committed to changing and being a better man and future husband to Shannon Tweed, and so he stuck with it even when things got difficult.

In an exercise, one of the men there posed as Gene's dad, to try and help him work through his emotions there. In the exercise, Gene did learn something valuable about the anger and resentment he feels toward his father for abandoning the family.

After Gene admitted that the exercise was making him want to get physical and push the guy posing as his father back, the guy challenged him. As his father, he said, "If you could take a slug across my face right now, would it get rid of the anger?"

Gene realized and had to admit that it wouldn't. "I forgive you for walking out on me," he was able to concede. "But I will never forgive you for walking out on my mother."

larry

I'm not clear on why a woman would marry a man that admittedly said in an interview, that he had sex with over 2000 women.

October 18 2011 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blschonour

I never understand anything about Gene Simmons. Why did Shannon Tweed want to marry him after he slept with thousands of women? I never understood why all these women wanted him. I thought Shannon was going to leave him because he slept with too many women. Gene Simmons looks like a scary clown with his Kiss makeup. He dosen't look too great without his makeup either.

October 18 2011 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bbwiththeo

I love Gene Simmons' show, I've been watching it for about a year now.
Gene's claims about forgiving his father for walking out on him, but not his mother. I don't think he dosen't even realive that he isn't being truthful when he makes statements like that.
Gene's entire world revolves around himself. Look at the people he loves, he loves his mother, why? because he came from her, he loves his children, why? because they came from him. Look at the way that he reacted to meeting his half-siblings for the first time. Why were they so important to him? because they were a part of him, from the same father. Its all about him and unless he can find a way to make Shannon Tweed a part of him, I fear their marrige will fail.
Please don't mis-understand, this dosen't make him a bad guy --infact alot of guys are just like Gene-- I love the guy but he needs to ditch the pride and put all those people in his life ahead of his own needs.

October 18 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mhagerinteriors

This guy is a mess. I would not have lived for 28 years with a man who cheats.

October 18 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nyjudy44

looking forward to tonight and the wedding

October 18 2011 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patck7gw

Would of... could of... should of....all mute points. The past gone only today and tomorrow counts. They DID stay together in a common law marriage for years and have a long history together...something went right for them and I think they know it. i HOPE Gene Simmons feels it's time to write a NEW beginning as husband and wife with the girl who has been by his side for 28 years. She loves him no doubt about that, he loves her...Time to mature up and enjoy the maturity of the love relationship you created with beautiful Shannon...time to respect her by showing her and the world .that this is my woman...my life partner! .in my case, I don't just love my husband AI treasure him after 38 years!

October 18 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patck7gw

October 18 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jc2009USA

Parents and family can truly screw us up...but as adults we have to find a way to let it go and move on...I went to the gravesite to my offending parent and just let it all out...I told myself I will NOT carry you SH*T around with me anymore...I am having my say today and when I walk away I am leaving all of your crap behind...I will NOT own it any longer - I'm leaving it with you because it is YOUR problem not my any longer.

It was very cathartic and the most important thing is to also FORGIVE the offender for their selfishness/ignorance etc. The forgiving was probably the most important factor...my life changed after that day...

October 18 2011 at 12:25 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Warren O

I had a lot of issues with my dad. When I was 16 I told my parents I wanted to be a professional musician. My parents were divorced at this time and I remember my dad yelling who gave you permission to do this and his tounge came out and covered his lower lip, a sign that the beatings were about to begin. I told him if you hit me, I will hit you back and when you leave you will know you were tagged hard in the jaw. We talked a bit after that but things were never the same. At least I had the chance to say to my dad what I wanted. Gene never had that chance so how do you move forward if you don't. It's hard so it's best to let your loved ones know how you feel before it's to late.

October 18 2011 at 11:57 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply