September 17, 2014

Mariska Hargitay Adopts For the Second Time

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 19th 2011 10:20AM
Mariska Hargitay AdoptsIt's another boy for 'Law & Order: SVU' star Mariska Hargitay!

According to People, Hargitay has adopted her second child, Andrew, just six months after adopting daughter Amaya Josephine. Hargitay and husband Peter Hermann also have a 5-year-old son, August.

Andrew Nicolas Hargitay Hermann was born over the summer.

"We never in a million years thought it would happen this quickly, but something inside of us knew that this was right, and we said, 'Yes, yes, yes!'" Hargitay told People. "We knew this was our guy. Everything about it felt right. It felt divinely right."

Hargitay will continue working four days a week on 'Law & Order: SVU.' In September, Hargitay said she's open-minded about her future with the long-running NBC series.

When asked if Season 13, the current 'SVU' season, would be her last, Hargitay said, "I'm going into this with a completely open mind."

"What I've learned is you don't know what the future brings and everything is new," she said. "Everything is fresh."

'Law & Order: SVU' airs Wednesdays, 10PM ET on NBC

Susn

Please...another celebrity look at me I'm so wonderful. They put more thought into buying a purse.

October 20 2011 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yardworker65

You have to admire this great actress. She's one of the best and most beautiful on television.

October 20 2011 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ola viejo

my hat off to mariska i think that is WONDERFUL GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR HUBBY I watch your program all the time even the reruns. i am sorry chris left the program. you guys were cool working together. KUDOS TO LAW AND ORDER

October 20 2011 at 10:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ashley

Congratulations! That is awesome now I know why there are rumors of Jennifer Love Hewit taking you place on SVU. Hope that is not the case. Would really miss you but you have to do what is right for your family.

October 19 2011 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Littleone

Can you imagine what their off spring would look like, just beautiful. Congratulations to the whole family and blessing to all

October 19 2011 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mclistener

Mariska rocks. They are blessed children.

October 19 2011 at 7:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Venusrizen03

Wonderful she adopted 2 children. Foster parenting is just as rewarding if you don't have the financial means to adopt..There are so many children in foster care that need loving people to protect and care for them.

October 19 2011 at 7:26 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
CatFish

It is really great,,,I sure hope and wish people could and would adopted children here in the US.We have so many starving kids no homes,,no family anyone to love them and comfort them..You have to be rich to beable to adopted a child here in the US..I know...OMG and these mothers who just dump a baby anywhere to just lay and die..Dang I know plenty of people who would love a baby..Not lucky enough to beable to have or buy..Hummmm Any answers for that Question?

October 19 2011 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to CatFish's comment
WitchMother

CatFish

Many states pay the same rate for a child adopted from foster care as they pay for the child while he or she is in foster care. My husband and I have been foster parents for close to two decades. We have adopted two of our foster children. We happen to live in California, but I know many states have similar programs. Also, the Federal Government has a tax deduction for each child that is adopted that is quite substantial. If you are interested in adopting and hesitated simply because you thought you could not afford it, check with your local county child welfare program. You might find the facts to differ from what you have been told.

October 19 2011 at 8:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kukboyce

I love Mariska. She is so..... talented and can do anything she attempts. She must be a great mother for sure!!!!!!

October 19 2011 at 6:57 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Christopher

I think that's fantastic! You gotta love and respect people that have so much love that they can share that love with children out there that need families. More people should take a hint from this, and if you can afford it, whether you can have children biologically or not, consider adoption; there are so many children out there that need the love and stability of a family. Won't you consider taking these children into your heart?

October 19 2011 at 6:30 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply