December 19, 2014

Bad Grammers! Kelsey Vs. Camille: The War of Words Escalates

by Crystal Bell, posted Oct 20th 2011 3:30PM
Kelsey Grammer and his ex-wife, 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' star Camille Grammer, have been engaged in a war of words since their messy split in July 2010 -- and the 'Real Housewives' cameras were there to capture every moment.

Since the divorce, both Kelsey and Camille have moved on with new relationships. Kelsey married British flight attendant Kayte Walsh in February, two weeks after his divorce was finalized. Meanwhile, Camille has been out-and-about with 35-year-old bankruptcy lawyer Dimitri Charalambopoulos. But just because these two have moved on romantically doesn't mean they'll stop rehashing the past.

After all, it's been pretty ugly from the start.

"Looking back, maybe he wanted to keep me preoccupied in California while he was off having his affair in New York," Camille, who has two young children with the actor, told the New York Post in October 2010. "I really didn't want to do the show," she continued. "I think it was more Kelsey's agenda. I was very reluctant, because I am a very private person."

A year later, however, Kelsey was singing a different tune to CNN's Piers Morgan. This week, Grammer revealed that 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' was a "parting gift" to Camille.

"It was my way of saying, 'Look, you always wanted to be famous. Here you go,'' he said. "Everybody knows that reality shows are not particularly a great way to be famous, but you know what? You still get attention and all those things that come along for the ride, which I think is what she was most interested in."

"I knew that when it came up, we would be saying goodbye," he continued. "I remember saying, 'Well, don't worry about it after the first season. You'll be doing the 'Divorced Wives of Beverly Hills' next season.'"

Grammer said he believes Camille married him because he was 'Frasier,' referring to his iconic TV role as Dr. Frasier Crane​ on the sitcoms 'Cheers' and 'Frasier.' But Kelsey wasn't finished digging into Camille. "I should have walked home and said, 'We're done, you can finally have everything you wanted, I found a new life,'" he said, regarding his affair with Walsh.

Asked on Twitter whether she watched the interview, Camille tweeted: "I couldn't watch. I had heard that he was going to be mean and disrespectful."

Perhaps Kelsey was upset after Camille called him small in a promo for Season 2 of 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills'?

In the clip, Camille references her ex-husband, saying "Big hands, big feet, big disappointment." Asked to elaborate, Camille responds, "I had that for 13 years, unfortunately."

In a recent interview with TV Guide Magazine, Camille also revealed more about their split, including Kelsey's suddenly cruel attitude. "[Kelsey became] a different person than the one I was married to. I said, 'We've been together 14 years. How can you just throw us away?' And he said, 'Fourteen? Oh, that's just a number.' I said, 'What about our kids?' and he said 'They'll get over it.' He was very cruel. He even said, 'I feel no remorse.'"

Since the divorce, the couple has also engaged in an ugly custody battle over their two children. Last week, Camille and Kelsey were in court to discuss their custody arrangement while Kelsey is living in L.A. Camille tried convincing the judge that Kelsey would not take the kids to their pre-arranged activities because he didn't want to see her face-to-face. The judge gave Kelsey custody for the week anyway. Since then, TMZ reports that Kelsey has not been seen at any of his children's activities and that Camille and their nanny have been shuffling the children back and forth.

But that won't stop Kelsey from battling for more control. According to TMZ, Kelsey is also trying to get a gag order on Camille.

Following a recent run-in with the paparazzi -- during which the couple's son was asked what he liked to do, and Camille then urged him to respond -- Kelsey went to court, asking to prohibit Camille from allowing their children to become tabloid targets.

Both Kelsey and Camille have TV shows to promote. Tell us: Do you think they are actively courting publicity?

Below, check out a video of Kelsey Grammer talking about his new show 'Boss' on 'Live With Regis and Kelly':

mamasilverhair

I think the cute blonde is a gold digger, that made his life miserable for years. Good for him and her, that misery is over.

January 03 2012 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LadyGodiva

He needs to treat the women in his life a little better, or at least "act" like a man! He's a sniveling coward!

October 24 2011 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jpatsko74

kelsey is a great talent (frasier, xmen) sounds like he sould have moved on long ago.

October 24 2011 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmc100103

I think Kelsey Grammer is an asinine fool! It's the way he did what he did to Camille. He showed no class as a man, a performer or as a father. He thought only of himself, never one thought as to how it would affect his children. Sure Camille is a grown woman, but she deserved a little more respect that what she got. Whether you like her or not, Kelsey really did her wrong. But like the old saying goes, what goes around comes around, and he will get his in spades. How long do you think his oresent wife is going to hang around with all of his inadequatecies (sp)? I think he really he comes up short in many areas!

October 24 2011 at 11:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
wendy30263

GLO ... I dont think he is a bad person. I believe both sides are making "ugly" statements. I think Camille married him for his money. She wasnt happy when he left her for a younger woman. But there are two sides to every story so I guess no one knows for sure...

October 24 2011 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GLO

While I always loved the Frasier show, I'm disappointed that he is such terrible person in his personal life. It's bad enough to cheat on your wife, announce your imminent marriage to your mistress before telling your wife kids, but making continuous ugly and hurtful statements in the press after all that is just disgusting. His ex deserves to feel animosity toward him and the woman he cheated with, and since he left her to do the important work of raising their children alone, if he had any real love for them he would stop trying to make her life stressful. If he's so "happy" why does he still feel the need to create chao's and hurt in the lives of his former family?

October 24 2011 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allan Hunkin

I watched Kelsey on Peers Morgan and you simply can't fake his love for his new wife, his frustration with the fight that's still going on with his ex-wife. Kelsey, I say you have to find a way to not 'need' to respond to her drama. She stays in the public eye every time you guys have one of these exchanges so she profits more than you do because you don't need the publicity. Call a press conference... announce that you're giving her what she wants and that even though you won't see your kids as much you know that the truth with right/write itself in time. Then go off with your beautiful new wife and don't comment, publicly or privately for a year no matter what she says. Like any shark without a source of food she will eat her self in short order and you will end up with the children anyways.

October 24 2011 at 3:53 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ktulp87381

I love Kelsey Grammer,and especially "Frasier".We watch everynight,and it brightens the evening.What a wonderful cast.After thinking it over,and knowing a little about Mr. Grammer.and his true politics,I don't think I could separate the two,so I will stay with HBO,and Bill Maher,and continue to enjoy "Frasier".Divorce is very difficult,and I can imagine that Camille,being rejected for a younger woman,is hurt,and embarassed,but if Mr.Grammer feels that Camille married him because he was doing "Cheers" and "Frasier",why does he think Ms.Walsh married him.She was a flight attendant,and now,she has married a millionaire.That's a few steps up.I understand there was no pre nup,so he must feel that this is true love,but think about it,she is 29,and he is 56,and a new grandfather.If he was just Kelsey Grammer,your "everyday man".She would still be flying the happy skies,looking for "Mr.Right".Sad to say,men continue to fool themselves,that a woman 27 years younger than they are love them.In the rare case,this might happen,but I don't feel that this is the case.So Camille,stop bad mouthing Mr. Grammer,and sit back and wait.It makes you look bad,They need both of there parents,and it does effect them when you say things about each other I would imagine that the wee lad needs a lot of attention.Girls get a lot of attention anyway.Sit back and wait.This won't be the last Mrs.Grammer.Maybe the next one will be closer to his age,and will truly love him for him,and not the money.The most important thing now,are the children.Love them,protect them,and set limits.so they feel secure,and .Look what a great job he and his first wife did with Spencer.She is just wonderful.I wish both of you all of the best in your new lives,and Camille,that also goes for the "Cougars",especially with large alimonies.The money makes a big difference there too.Think about it.Find someone closer to your own age.You can be just as glamourous,and maybe this time happy too.

October 24 2011 at 12:41 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
prestonfay3

I think that Camille wants all of the attention and the spotlight. And Kelsey just wanted out of the marriage from her. She's become very arrogant on recent episodes of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I think she really did marry him because of his Frasier character and not for Kelsey Grammer himself. She comes across as cold, crass, contradicting and misguided!

October 24 2011 at 12:29 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
m a

Having met both of them in Hawaii about 2 yrs ago, I found Camille to be very cold and distant, even while Kelsey was attentive, animated, fun and exibiting behavior that indicated he cared about her (at the time). She ignored his comments to her and walked away to a spa and said nothing at all, while he waited for awhile outside.
Camille portrays exactly who she really is in real life. I agree that she probably married him because he is Frasier... she was in it for the money and prestige, because she has none... along with no personality or a redeeming quality about her.

October 24 2011 at 12:04 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply