December 20, 2014

Susan Lucci Joins 'Army Wives'

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 20th 2011 4:45PM
Susan Lucci Joins Army Wives'All My Children' star Susan Lucci has booked her first role since the end of the long-running ABC soap. According to TVLine, Lucci will appear on multiple episodes of Lifetime's hit 'Army Wives.'

Lucci will play the wife of a retired general. Look for Lucci's character to give Kim Delaney's character, Claudia, advice on how to deal with a potential new rival played by 'Lie to Me' actress Kelli Williams.

Lucci will appear in at least two episodes of the hit drama's sixth season. Williams will appear in at least seven.

'All My Children' ended its run on ABC in September. The soap is set to move online in early 2012 with fellow ABC castoff 'One Life to Live.'

While not officially confirmed, it seems like Lucci has declined Prospect Park's offer to stay with the soap.

Lucci and Delaney share a soap opera past. Delaney played Jenny Gardner on 'All My Children' in the early 1980s.

Tell us: Are you excited Susan Lucci will be on 'Army Wives'?

Sharon

When does Army Wives come back?

November 17 2011 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

NOOOOOOO! The Army Wives cast are actually good actors. This hack will ruin the show!

October 21 2011 at 8:52 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
politickwoman1

She is a terrible actress and never had acting talent in spite of the fact that she was able to stay on her TV show for such a long time Then again, we see lots of bad actors who have had prolonged acting roles. More power to her if she can still stay afloat with her acting career. I am sure she has lots of fans who love her. I am not one of them, but then no one is loved by everyone.

October 21 2011 at 5:40 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
anutter1

man ive wanted to put my dick in her for a long time since i was 11 susan if u see this and want to get ur **** on hit me up and i will give it to ya doggy style cause i be buck wild

October 21 2011 at 3:17 AM Report abuse -11 rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to anutter1's comment
funnyfacejg

It was really hard to believe that All My Children went off the air. I hope she will play a big part where ever she goes.
I have never watched Army Wives. Will have to check it out. I hope I hear what or where she is going or doing.

October 21 2011 at 3:09 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to funnyfacejg's comment
dewlady357

If you have never watched Army Wives then you have missed a beautiful show. When the season ended I was so sad, thinking the stories wouldn't continue. I know "Claudia Joy" will be there, but what of the others? I hope and pray Katherine Bell will be back as she is my favorite tv actress. I hope you will watch it, funnyfacejg. Its a heart rending, comical, sad, happy, wonderful show.

November 17 2011 at 12:01 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
hosmaniac

It will just be Erica Kane on Army Wives. Susan Lucci plays every role she has done as Erica Kane. This is why she has not done anything else.

October 21 2011 at 2:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hosmaniac's comment
rkrutledge

You obviously have not seen Susan's other work. Of course on All My Children she played Erica Kane. That was her role. But I've seen several of her movies where she definitely was not Erica. And she starred on Broadway as well. If Susan has decided not to continue as Erica online, I will be so happy to see her in whatever role she takes on.

November 11 2011 at 11:27 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
j444dad

Army Wives was one of my favorites..... Take Lucci somewhere else and leave us alone.................................

October 21 2011 at 2:41 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
Beth

How old is she now? Glad she got the role!

October 21 2011 at 2:04 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Beth's comment
rkrutledge

She's in her 60s and looks amazing! There are very few women who actually get more beautiful as they age. Susan is one of them.

November 11 2011 at 11:28 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
dewlady357

She's 62 or 63. All those face lifts should have been accompanied by a throat lift (or whatever its called. I hope she FINALLY plays a woman of her REAL age. I'm sick of her 30-40 something roles. What is, is, Susan. Get used to it..you're up there with the rest of us oldies but goodies. However that being said, I wish I could afford the same help you've had. You are a lovely woman. But please..act your age.

November 17 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Jack

I'd watch anything Susan Lucci does......have always loved her!!! Since 1970!!!!!

October 21 2011 at 1:41 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Randy

Wow...i cried when Jenny got killed on the jet ski..so i have been watching it for awhile..and yes i am a MALE...will watch Army Wives..can't wait to see both of them..

October 21 2011 at 12:29 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply