October 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Final Three Revealed, With a Twist, on 'Project Runway' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 21st 2011 3:00AM
'Project Runway'People who follow the fashion blogosphere may already know which contestants showed at New York's Fashion Week, but for 'Project Runway' (Thu., 9PM ET on Lifetime), this was the big reveal they and the contestants have been waiting for all season.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

All four remaining finalists were working from their home environments, with check-ins by the always fashion-forward Tim Gunn, even though he doesn't seem to understand what scorching hot weather is!

Josh continued to be polarizing, turning in some odd fashion choices, like the unfinished looking back and that adorable (not) "modesty tab." Nevertheless, he was the first one through to next week.

But Josh wasn't the only one to disappoint, as Anya made a matronly swimsuit mess, and Kimberly couldn't quite seem to fit her models properly, while Viktor kind of needed to get over jackets.

Either as a result of them all being so equally fabulous in the judges' eyes, or perhaps equally disappointing, they put through Viktor and Kimberly. Then, after torturing her for a minute as only reality shows can do, they put Anya through as well. So now we'll have to see who wins out of these four finalists.

cinzia21

Only two designers should have advanced to fashion week, Josh and Viktor. Loved the back of the dress with the modesty tab. Kimberly is K-Mart bound, stuck in the eighties with those colors and gaudy jewelry. Could not believe the pink skirt!!! Anya chokes, not able to produce her designs in a timely manner. That evening dress was a horror.

I am a black female, but hey, fashion comes before Ideology! The guys got it right this time.

October 23 2011 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruthie

My best friend's mom makes $77 an hour on the computer. She has been out of job for 9 months but last month her check was $7487 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read about it here NuttyRich .com

October 23 2011 at 12:22 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
cmfrtblebbw

I agree with what some of you have already said. There's designers and then there's TV show participants. Project Runway has runwayed intself into the ground.

Nobody misses the point as each of the winners is part of some Benetton rainbow of people, and how there's always one "old" and one "young" and so on. I honestly saw some designers in past years...but this year's design seemed to be TV Suicide. Please, Heidi, stop assuming we're ALL stupid.

October 22 2011 at 7:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mazaranne

This was only my third season of watching PR. I have to admit to having been disappointed with the designers, although Anya's ability to think on her feet and make lemonade out of lemons impressed me. Kimberly's choice of materials and colors might get her a job as a designer for K-Mart. Josh needs to learn that the world does not revolve around him. Viktor made me downright uncomfortable. I remember his words at the beginning of one episode where he said something about being worried that the designers were going to start turning on each other. Then, later in that same episode, Anya lost her money and the others chipped in to help her out, but Viktor skulked around in the background looking guilty with shifty-eyed glances at Anya as she dealt with her predicament. Having said that, I think my favorite thing this season was watching Bert warm up and win over the others. I would have liked to see what he was capable of instead of having to design within the cartoonish parameters they kept having to conform to. Stilts? Pet store? Birds? Puhleeeez. I am looking forward to seeing some of the veterans return in November. Although I was pulling for Gretchen last season, (and apparently I was the only one), I do believe Mondo's designs were spectacular. I honestly can't remember seeing him make a misstep. I just hope that the makers of the show let them design instead of putting them through ridiculous challenges that would never occur in the real world. I understand the concept of pushing limits and problem-solving, but this is about adults....it isn't shown on N ickelodeon. I do hope Anya wins, but think Viktor will. Josh should have been 'out' after those horrid plaid pants. Period. I don't think Kimberly has the chops to make it, but......after all is said and done, I wish them all good luck and hope that they learn and grow as people from this experience. (especially Josh) :-)

October 21 2011 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scdrawl

this season of Project runway was joke, I mean an absolute Ha, Ha! Anya, what can I say she can't make a pattern, she can't SEW. Josh is a PHONY BULLY! HE IS SUCH A FART!!. Kim needs to sew better or polished look. How do I know about these things, sewing and tailoring was my family business and the program was joke. What were the judges looking at when they judged Anya stuff. anyone can make that s..t she put together. I'm done with the show!!!

October 21 2011 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn

All four finalists had some hits and some misses. I'm still trying to figure out how Josh slithered through, after he made that thing with the ugly zipper at the butt!! Josh is catty, vicious, mean-spirited and ANAL (no pun intendede) I've had enough don't even care who wins!!!

October 21 2011 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linda

Explain how Nina Garcia with her fly away 1960 frosted hair and clothes from my dead aunt's closet is head of a fashion magazine?

October 21 2011 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to linda's comment
frankieboy26

Yes, I would like to know too. She's just plain awful. They always say, "Don't bore Nina." Well, that's because she's already boring.

October 21 2011 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dfilson1004

Not sure what any of those judges see in Josh's work but it's no better than the junk you'd find in a low end strip-mall store. The outfit with the short skirt looked like a majorette from a poor Russian high school. The black outfit with the pants and plastic neck piece looked like a funeral shroud for a space hooker on Star Trek: The Next Generation.....and a hooker with very bad tatse at that. How has he survived? His caustic remarks I suppose add "entertainment value". Uh-huh. Anya may not have been on-the-mark but her clothes were far better than Josh's. Viktor played it safe and, except for the Jacket of Pearls, showed pretty much what I would call off-the-rack clothes. Big deal. Kimberly missed the designer mark completely and should have been ejected simply for presenting that gawd-awful pink skirt.
I have a feeling it will come down to Viktor and Anya, with Viktor taking the crown in a pretty much lackluster season. One can only hope that Josh will storm off in a hissy fit, and that the next season be revamped to include replacing Michael Kors and Nina Garcia. Even American Idol knew it was time for a fresh change.

October 21 2011 at 12:46 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Bonbon

Worst season of all the seasons and i have seen them all, still in my opinion any of these four are better than that Gretchen who beat Mondo last year, her clothes were hideous, Josh comes off as the most evil spirited catty person i think they have ever had on this series, watch he will end up winning, his clothes are hideous also.

October 21 2011 at 12:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bonbon's comment
dfilson1004

You're almost right.......Gretchen was better than Josh!! But at least we know that Gretchen didn't sleep with Michael or Tim to win the title!!

October 21 2011 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
w12owens49

None of them did great, but one thing for sure Josh will be an arrogant jerk till the end.

October 21 2011 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to w12owens49's comment
frankieboy26

Not only is he arrogant, but he's phony, jealous and just plain tacky.

October 21 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply