October 31, 2014

Aisha Tyler Tapped to Co-Host 'The Talk'

by Maggie Furlong, posted Oct 23rd 2011 9:15PM
Aisha Tyler'The Talk' has had its fair share of changes and casting shake-ups in the year it's been on CBS -- first Marissa Jaret Winokur left, then Sharon Osbourne announced she needed some time off this fall and, most recently, Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete were given the boot.

Now Deadline is reporting that actress-comedian Aisha Tyler has been tapped to co-host 'The Talk.' Tyler will join Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne and another new co-host Sheryl Underwood at the 'Talk' table starting tomorrow.

Tyler guest hosted on 'The Talk' for a week at the end of September alongside fellow newbie Underwood. Other celebrities stopped by to fill the chairs, including Kris Jenner and Molly Shannon, but obviously producers liked the chemistry with Tyler and Underwood enough to offer them full-time seats on the show.

Tyler's no newbie when it comes to hosting though -- in any format. She was one of the original hosts of E!'s 'The Soup' (back when it was called 'Talk Soup' in 2001-02), and she also guest-hosted CBS' 'Late Late Show' while they searched for a replacement for former host Craig Kilborn, a job that eventually went to host Craig Ferguson.

Tyler currently voices Agent Lana Kane on FX's animated comedy 'Archer' and hosts 'Girl on Guy,' a podcast talk show that's "about stuff guys love, brought to you by the ultimate guy's girl."

What do you say: Do you think the new lineup of ladies will work?

Susan

They have strayed way too far from what the show was intended to be and started out being. I am betting they will lose a lot of fans and have lost quite a bit of it fan base already and it is ashame to take something that was interesting and now it is just another talk show that interviews stars. They don't actually really talk about anything important, family issues and made it into a show that doesn't stand out as unique anymore but just like everything else on TV. It won't make me want to turn on the TV and get my coffee and quiet time and listen to the women even debate & even disagee. The Talk used to remind me of friends sitting around a kitchen table. Lost Me Talk.

November 10 2011 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wmk1rams

This stinks! Bring Leah & Holly back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Used to tape and watch everyday, not anymore. if anyone has no personality its Sara (Sorry, I like you but you're boring)but since she thought up the show, she'll be on forever. Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth for Julie since all the rumors about Leah & Holly. Bring back the original, thats what made the show a hit. Sorry Cheryl, your not classy, and Aisha, too tall, thin & pretty, we want regular people we can relate to. The whole show will bomb out soon without Leah & Holly. If something is not broken, do not fix it!!

October 27 2011 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

Sheryl Underwood is so wrong for The Talk. Julie acts so prim and proper as it is "her husbands" network. Sheryl takes the show to a new low with her nonsense and child like mentality. She classes down, dummy downs, the show. She is loud and out of line. A bull in a china cabinet. Did they put Sheryl in to counter balance the other great co-hosts?

While I'm on it, I love (d) Rosie. Not now. Too loud, trying too hard to be funny. Where is the old Rosie? Who is dressing her?

October 25 2011 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jana

Tyler is ok, but they'd already lost me with kicking out Leah and Holly who were a huge aspect of the show and why I watched and liked it!!! Sherry Underwood is a dud, can't stand her. Haven't watched unless an actor is on, then I dvr, and fast forward through to that actor, then delete. I used to enjoy the whole show. The View is all about Whoopi and her opinions on everything, way way over the top for me. Stopped watching it when the Talk came on last year, now have stopped watching the Talk. Watch evening dvr'd shows in it's place.

October 24 2011 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Starky

Although I rarely watch the show, I did think Leah and Holly added so much to the mix; I'm sorry they were let go. The new "team" just doesn't have any chemistry. I can easily find better shows elsewhere.

October 24 2011 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Headbee

They just totally lost me, I also miss Holly and Lea. I am now watching Rosie from Own as I found myself laughing all the way thru the show. I can DVR and watch the next day in the time would have watched the Talk. 6pm CST is not good for us as we are watching news but glad to watch it in the Talk time slot. The TALK got lost somewhere. So sad because it was so good last year. The View rebounded when they lost Rosie but they brought in Whoopie that had the same amount of stuff to say. Don't like Underwood at all, too much talk about Black people, they don't swim, they aren't in horror movies etc.... When did they start being so different from the Human Race. I don't normally look at a persons skin but how they carry themselves and she is LOW Class.

October 24 2011 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

What a dumb move. Bring Leah and Holly back (if they would have you) they were what people watched for.

October 24 2011 at 4:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
gregmlr

Bring back Leah & Holly!

October 24 2011 at 12:09 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Gale Warner

What do these producers know about chemistry? They lost that when they dumped Leah and Holly. Sheryl Underwood brings nothing to the table and insists the show be all-about her. Just how does Aishya relate to all of us? I hope they now realize their mistakes. They've been huge.

October 24 2011 at 10:08 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
shadowracer

I'll watch it Tyler talks about video games and Archer. I like video games and Archer.

October 24 2011 at 1:12 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply