November 23, 2014

Charlie Sheen 'Extremely Disappointed' With New 'Two and a Half Men'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Oct 24th 2011 9:45AM
Charlie SheenHonestly, after all the bitterness and mud-slinging that went on for most of this year, we didn't think Charlie Sheen would be able to play nicely with the 'Two and a Half Men' camp for much longer. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall at Casa Sheen when he heard that the Season 9 opener got a whopping 28 million viewers without him ...

Sheen said that he "loved" the new Kutcher-led 'Men' when it debuted, but now that ratings for the comedy have dropped off by 50 percent since then, he's let it be known that he's not happy with the direction that 'Men' is headed in.

According to TMZ, Sheen said he's "extremely disappointed" with the way the show's producers are "handling what I left behind." When asked by a photographer for an explanation of why the audience numbers have been plummeting, he said "People aren't stupid ... not all of them."

'Two and a Half Men' has, this season, been struggling with an all-too-familiar problem for the series: Its leading man has been hitting the tabloid headlines for all the wrong reasons. Speculation over Ashton Kutcher's private life and the huge pay day he's rumored to be getting on 'Men' has largely overshadowed the new season, which has seen a precipitous audience decline over the last few weeks.

However, it's not all bad news for the show, which has always been a ratings-grabber and a huge money-spinner for CBS. The vast 28 million audience for the Season 9 premiere was always going to be unsustainable. Since then 'Men' has been holding steady at around 15 million viewers each week, which is on a par with Sheen's final season.

Furthermore, 'Men' is still winning its time slot for the coveted age 18 to 49 demographic. Last Monday's episode reportedly garnered a healthy 14.85 million viewers and a score of 8.9/13, which helped CBS to an average 4.0 rating in the 18 to 49 demo, the top score of the night.

'Two and a Half Men' airs Mondays, 9PM ET on CBS.

Betty

We love you Charlie, two and a half men show just isn't the same with out you, I don't even watch it any more. I watch your reruns but two and a half men is dumb and stupid now That was your show and to bring someone in to take over your part is just a stupid ideal. Everyone has problems but they work them out when you have a hit show.
I hope you return to TV, but in the mean time it's reruns for us.

November 08 2011 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Betty

The show would have been better if Charlie were not replaced. Kutchner's character is ridiculous. Maybe they should create another show scene (as they did in Dallas) and bring Charlie back. The show is a nightmare and I have stopped watching it. I still enjoy the reruns with Charlie.

October 31 2011 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HI THIS IS TONI

watched it 3 times in hopes it would get better, NOT. I watch the half reruns instead.....Shows OVER!!!

October 28 2011 at 10:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janiced1989

I watched Two and a half men everynight with Charlie Sheen. I watched 3 shows with Ashton Kutcher and think the show is horrible, I can't believe the acting of Kutcher, it is pathetic!!!!!!! The show isn't the same since Charlie left, so this sitcom wil not be watched in this household.

October 28 2011 at 6:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rwhite5789

I have watched Two and a Half men with Ashton Kutcher every week, but will honestly say that this past week was my last. This show is pathetic. All ths shows are alike. He plays a stupid rich boy and honestly it makes me want to vomit. How could someone be so dumb to even want to play this part? The show would have been better off with the other cast members without replacing Charlie Sheen. It will eventually be cancelled. This is the worst sitcom I have watched in years. Again, write Ashton Kutcher out and focus on Alan, Berta and Jake. People only tune in now to watch them three....................................

October 27 2011 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linwats

Ashton Kutcher is ruining this show! I'm through with it because of him! Out of all the actors in Hollywood, couldn't they find someone that doesn't look and act like an idiot?

October 27 2011 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith

Why do we still care what this drughead millionaire has to say about anything? He just fleece you lot big-time. His followers are bigger losers than he is....

October 25 2011 at 11:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gmcleanm

Hes' Idiot! I never watched it much before. Now that Ashton on-IT'S 10 TIMES BETTER!!

October 25 2011 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
watchmanx

ok heres how it should all go down
at the funeral for charlie it was kind of hinted at that rose because of charlies cheating pushed him in front of the train..
ok producers..in the last episode of the season..it should cut to charlie tied up in roses basement..thats it you have the buzz for the whole off season and a whole season to bring him back..then another season of him fitting back into the show..thats how you save two and half men period

October 25 2011 at 2:01 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
cac006006

I think the show had a better chance with just the other characters (alan, the mother, etc.). I do not like Ashton's character. He is annoying and just not a strong character.

October 24 2011 at 3:32 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cac006006's comment
johnburridge5

I agree, watched the first 3, stopped watching, what a pathetic character.

October 24 2011 at 6:41 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply