September 1, 2014

Dina Manzo Addresses 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Feuds

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 24th 2011 12:05PM
Dina Manzo Real Housewives of New Jersey FeudsFormer 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Dina Manzo has spoken out about the Bravo reality show and its resulting drama for the "last time." Manzo broke her silence in a new blog post, addressing why she left the show and the state of her relationships with the other reality stars, including her sister, Caroline.

"Yes, It's true I decided to distance myself from ALL the housewives once I left season 2," she wrote on DinaManzo.com. "I really wanted to walk away from all of the toxic behavior, I was not into ganging up on anyone and I was no longer obligated to talk about Danielle so the best thing for me to do was stay away. They still needed to do this and I get that, but I had no desire. I guess some of the 'housewives' may have taken that as I think I'm better than them ... that couldn't be further from the truth." [sic]

Manzo said she distanced herself from all aspects related to the show, except a few events here and there. However, Manzo said 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' cast member Teresa Giudice recently showed up at her house, visually shaken. "[A]pparently Caroline & Jacqueline had a sit down with her on camera (for season 4) and she felt attacked. All I did was console a friend who was obviously shaken. I felt bad for her ... even though I had distanced myself from her a bit I was still her friend and she needed me."

After Giudice invited her to an event, Manzo reluctantly appeared on camera and discussed Giudice's on-going feud with Manzo's sister, Caroline.

"She mentioned the drama with her and Caroline and I told her that if this is all about a joke in a book (and she assured me it was) that's not enough for me to hate the mother of my God daughter and a friend of 15 years," Manzo wrote."Was it necessary to write that stuff in her book? probably not but I don't think it was written with malice either." [sic]

Manzo, who currently headlines on HGTV's 'Dina's Party,' said she feels bad about her deteriorated relationship with Caroline.

"I feel bad that my relationship with my sister and her family is strained, but I can assure you that one day it will be back to the way it was," she wrote. "I don't like fighting, I don't like drama, I don't like confrontation, I don't agree with ganging up on someone (one of the other reasons why I left season 2) and I don't need to share anymore than that."

Tell us: Do you think Dina Manzo did the right thing?

Catch a clip from 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' reunion below.

Randy

I THINK DINA IS IN THE WROOOOOOONG! SHE HAS NOT BEEN ON THE SHOW AND CAROLINE SAID AT THE LAST REUNION THAT DINA AND THE FAMILY ARENT SPEAKING BECAUSE OF TERASA. TERASA IS BECOMING THE NEW DANILLE. TERESA TREATED HER OWN SISTER IN LAW AND COUSIN LIKE **** THE ENTIRE SEASON. I THINK TERASA HAS LET THE FAME GET TO HER HEAD. AND YOU CANT FORGET THAT SHE MENTIONED CAROLINES SON CHRIS AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY. CAROLINE AND JACQULINE HAVE BEEN TERASAS FRIEND FROM JUMP STREET AND TERASA HAS DONE THEM WRONG THERE WAs no need or reason to bad mouth any one in her cookbook. I HOPPE JOE GUIDICE GOES TO JAIL. TAKE THAT BITCH OFF THE SHOW.....................

January 05 2012 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shantem27

Well I see her point to why she left the show if she didn't like the drama and whatever else but what I don't like is she has allowed Teresa to come in between her and Caroline. Dina is no idiot she knows Damn well that Teresa creates a lot of the situations she gets into. If you want to stay out of the middle of something that's what you do Doms in my opinion hasn't done that... Teresa needs to finally take responsibilty for what comes out of her mouth and things she does. That is what Goody Dina should tell her friend

December 16 2011 at 6:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
presleyzane

i love this show but i think dina has more class in her little finger then her sisiter carolyn 's whole body she always talks about family ,if she is so close to her sister dina why would dina stay friends with teresa instead believing her sister carolyn something smells and it is carolyn.

October 31 2011 at 7:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vmfran01

I am wondering why in the world I am even reading this stuff??? I happen to see the reunion recently but never really watch any of the reality shows. After viewing that, I concluded, I would be ashamed to act in such a manner that makes me, my family and my friends seem so mentally unstable. With the amount of anger going on it would do everyone involved good to get into therapy. I don't know about the rest of you but I thank God my life is so simple that I live a peaceful, loving, happy life and actually treat the people I say I love with kindness and respect. Maybe thats because I learned to take responsibility for my own unacceptable actions and change them instead of trying to change everyone around me. Ladies, ESPECIALLY TERESA, look at how you are acting and without your defenses up ask yourself, Is this really who I am?

October 29 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
michee824

Teresa you need to come back to earth! I have watched the show from the very beginning and girlfriend you have changed! If family is so important to you, you should be excited that your brother, sister-in-law, & cousin are on it. When you give digs to family members or friends it's funny but when you get a dig you don't think it's funny. You get very defensive & nasty. Where's the classy Lady I saw in the beginning of the show or are you that insecure that you can't share the Lime Light with the rest of the cast. All you ever talk about is yourself or your putting down your so called family and friends that mean so much to you. Stop acting like a jealous Brat and get along with your family, you only have one. Speaking from experience I come from a family of 6 and we just recently lost my Dad. All this petty stuff is so stupid! Your wasting time and should be spending as much precious time with your Parents and family. You definately will regard the choices you are making by pushing your family away. I hope and pray things work out for you.

October 29 2011 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa Perry

Dina life can be changed in an instant. I can see Caroline is in pain and misses you.
I hope you two can repair this quickly. It always appeared you two really loved each other
a great deal. Better watch out for Teresa, she will be nice to your face and stick in the
knife pretty darn deep. She has changed, which I find very sad myself.

October 27 2011 at 2:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

I thinks it's all very sad. I'm from NJ and I initially thought the show was entertaining. But now it seems like fame has gone to every body's head and it has totally changed their personalities and their friendships. Too bad.

October 26 2011 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dinareesa

they are all nuts!

October 26 2011 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kmdwmkfw

Please let us not discuss the ladies intellectual capacity or that of their children. Let us instead ponder our own intelligence by choosing to watch this program and promoting its corruption upon our society. In our contemplation an "intelligent" person should ask, who benefits from this program? One could answer that the "ladies" are well paid for their performances, so they are the beneficiary. They too achieve "celebrity" status, so they gain publicity. So, the wives gain, at their own expense. But, the truly enlightened will recognize that the producers and their financial backers are the real winners. This brings one to ask, at the end on one's life, will they be proud of this accomplishment?
Personally, I would love to hear ANDY's story. In the light of our intellectual questions, one must consider, if his homosexuality stems from a/the hatred of women? Bullies or predators prey upon weaknesses and call themselves clever, when they are nothing more than vultures.
Do I admire any of these women, no, I am afraid not. However, I do empathize with all of them except Carolina and Melissa. Carolina, you have ideas of grandeur, however you are not an authority on anything especially raising children. Your need to belittle your daughter on national tv about her weight is beyond cruel and abusive. Your boys seem like nice kids, however did you teach them to be self reliant, to make their OWN way without Mommy and Daddy and THEIR MONEY? Melissa, you are passive-aggressive personality, and instigate family problems; what is really going on in your family can be described in a nut shell, control. YOU WANT TO CONTROL YOUR HUSBAND, but in order to do so, you MUST CONTROL HIS THOUGHTS AND LIMIT WHO FEEDS HIS THOUGHTS, careful, its a dangerous endeavor. Please DO learn HOW TO make the sign of the cross and PLEASE DO NOT PROCLAIM THE SACRED NAME OF JESUS FOR PUBLICITY, IT IS OFFENSIVE. Jacqueline, what would propel you to use national tv as a means to parent your spoiled child? Kathy, what are you thinking? Teresa, your focus is self directed, however your good qualities are evident, you remain loyal to your vows, to your children, your parents and your brother. The last few years have been a living hell in the most public way, it is understandable that you are a bit paranoid and protected. To your "friends" and family, persons with a shred of compassion feel for a family in trouble, and in their "compassion" they bring honor where there is shame, joy to the sorrowful, healing through the pain; the one thing that you ALL displayed to Teresa including ANDY was YOUR LACK OF EMPATHY. Ladies to sum it up; actors play characters to entertain their audience, you, being yourselves show your total lack of character by selling your souls; you will, answer for this as we all will, Andy God bless you.

October 25 2011 at 1:00 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to kmdwmkfw's comment
robintoo72

Hmmm....sounds like YOU "sold your soul" KMDWMKFW....you sure know ALOT about the show hahaha. and "does Andys homosexuality stem from his hatred of women?? you actually think / said that? And if you think Teresa doesnt have a screw loose you better watch again. Teresa is passive agressive just like Melissa, and what she said in her cookbook was calculated and hateful and she meant what she said. it wasnt a joke. she only said that when she saw they got mad. Shame on Dina for not seeing that.

October 26 2011 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laplacetom

I have always been from NJ; but the way the networks portray us is unfair! But, whatever grabs the ratings; right?

October 25 2011 at 12:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply