November 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Celebrates Her Mom's 'Sweet 16' Years Cancer Free (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 25th 2011 11:45PM
Elisabeth Hasselbeck, 'Rachael Ray'Elisabeth Hasselbeck celebrated a milestone in her family with 'Rachael Ray' (Weekdays, Syndicated on ABC). She brought her mother out, who is celebrating what they're calling her 'Sweet Sixteen.' She is 16 years cancer-free.

For Hasselbeck, cancer is an important issue to be involved with, as she talked about how both of her grandmother and her mother developed breast cancer. "Chances are, I'm gonna get it, but I promise you I'm gonna get it early," Hasselbeck said. "I'm gonna find out because I'm checking all the time."

It's important for all women to keep vigilant in checking for breast cancer, which is why it's encouraged to get a "breast buddy." Hasselbeck's buddy is Sharon Osbourne, which led to a funny situation when they went to get screened.

"They had to bring in like two different machines," she laughed. "They had the extra large for her. Then they were like, 'Come on over to the kid-sized one over here.'"

Hasselbeck has a clean bill of health right now, as does her mother. It's definitely cause for celebration, and they can look forward to making sure they're still healthy each year so they can celebrate 17 years, 18 years and on and on.

Anyas Mom

Good Going Elisabeth! May you have 16 more cancer-free years!

October 26 2011 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Butch

She is the worst person to listen to. Other than that other blond Skank on fox.

October 26 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
mark

get a job lisa, stop the bleeding heart bullshit, hasselbeck sucks

October 26 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

WHY IS IT THAT THERE ARE BITTER, SELF-RIGHTIOUS HATERS ON EVERY DAMN ARTICLE. DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING????? WE LIVE IN A VERY SAD WORLD, WITH A LOT OF VERY SAD PEOPLE!

October 26 2011 at 1:46 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
STEPHEN

She is alow life pig

October 26 2011 at 1:15 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
mark

GOT MY OWN PROBLEMS HASSELBECK, IS YOUR HUSBAND ON WELFARE NOW BIACHE

October 26 2011 at 11:48 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
ctcharliet

hasselbeck has the most irratating voice.....thank God for the mute button

October 26 2011 at 11:22 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
bribabylk

Sharon Osbourne? I don't know where you got that from. She said her breast buddy at work is "Sherri"; Sherri Shepherd, one of her co-hosts on "The View." Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't work with Sharon Osbourne. Maybe you're getting "The Talk" and "The View" confused.

October 26 2011 at 10:46 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Sheila Caldwell Rush

That would be a cause to celebrate, I think it's sweet to call it sweet 16 for beign cancer free for 16 years. If it were me or my mom I would celebrate to. Glad she's speaking about breast cancer awareness, women do need to check themselves all the time. My sister caught hers by herself, just shortly after she had her checkup from her GP, now I'm happy to say she's cancer free, has been for 6 years now, thanks to her for catching it early.

October 26 2011 at 10:17 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply