April 24, 2014

HGTV Orders More 'Dina's Party'

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 25th 2011 5:00PM
Dina ManzoDon't be tardy for more 'Dina's Party.' HGTV has ordered 13 more episodes of the party-planning reality series with former 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Dina Manzo.

"Dina's enthusiastic fan base has followed her to HGTV and embraced her entertaining new series," Kathleen Finch, general manager of HGTV, said in a statement. "She really knows how to take a special moment and translate it into an unforgettable party."

Manzo recently made headlines after the Season 3 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' reunion. The reality star took to her blog to defend her actions and set the record straight on rumored feuds.

"I feel bad that my relationship with my sister and her family is strained, but I can assure you that one day it will be back to the way it was," she wrote. "I don't like fighting, I don't like drama, I don't like confrontation, I don't agree with ganging up on someone (one of the other reasons why I left season 2) and I don't need to share anymore than that."

When 'Dina's Party' debuted in September, Manzo told AOL TV she has serious doubts about returning to the spotlight with a new series.

"When I left 'Housewives' I had no intentions of coming back on TV at all," Manzo said. "This opportunity came to me and I spoke with my husband and I said, 'You know, not for nothing, I love HGTV. This is what I love to do and you know how happy event planning makes me.' I said 'Why not?' I love what I do, I love my team."

New episodes of 'Dina's Party' currently air Saturdays at 10PM ET on HGTV. The additional 13 episodes will begin airing next spring.

Tell us: Are you excited for more 'Dina's Party'?

Sherrie

I don't watch it. I enjoy educational programs. :)

October 27 2011 at 3:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maralyn

Dina has a very enjoyable show. However, the show that follows, 'Donna Decorates Dallas" is a horror. This woman has the worst taste I've ever seen.

October 27 2011 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DietSprite2011

Congrats Dina, I enjoy the show and look forward to more.

October 26 2011 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ellie

Cannot believe they renewed this tasteless, garish show. Between Dina and that Dallas woman the network is moving in a direction geared toward the tastes of the New Jersey Housewives!

October 26 2011 at 10:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ellie

Cannot believe they renewd this garish, tasteless show...maybe it is just meant for The Real Housewives of NJ!

October 26 2011 at 10:46 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
wertz9806

TERESSA Is such a mess.Makes we wonder if maybe Danielle was right

October 26 2011 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
franklan2001

Just watched the reunion for RHONJ. Theresa is NUTS, she hears nothing that anyone says, and defends that slug of a husband,he is just ignorant and that makes her look even more stupid. Theresa needs to go, she gives off way too much of a negative attitude, guess a little attention went way over the top for her

October 26 2011 at 7:54 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
franklan2001

Just watched the reumion for RHONJ.... Theresa is NUTS, she does not hear a thing anyone says, she is the one that needs to be booted from the show, Andy was not hard on Theresa, she did not really give him any straight answers, and she defends her ignorant husband way too much, it makes her look even more stupid! Get rid of her and her husband..

October 26 2011 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sissymandi

So What does she have Orgy Parties ?
How Much does she Pay someone to Show -up ?

October 26 2011 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sissymandi's comment
larry

I don't know but, maybe L L can get an Orgy party at one of her "Penny Auction" scams.

October 26 2011 at 9:08 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply