July 29, 2014

AMC Renews 'The Walking Dead' for Season 3

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 25th 2011 2:20PM
The Walking Dead Renewed'The Walking Dead' will be back for a third season of zombie goodness.

"Today we are pleased to announce that the 'dead' shall live as we proudly renew 'The Walking Dead' for a third season on AMC and, globally, with our terrific partners at Fox International Channels," Charlie Collier, president of AMC, said in a statement. "We are thankful for everyone's contribution in front of and behind the camera as we continue to make 'The Walking Dead' a unique television experience. And, we are so proud as it continues to set viewership records around the world."

The Season 2 premiere and its encore airing were watched by more than 11 million viewers, breaking cable records.

Based on the comic book series from Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard, 'The Walking Dead' follows a group of human survivors as they try to stay alive in a zombie-filled world.

The show is executive produced by Kirkman, Glen Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert and Frank Darabont. Mazzara serves as showrunner.

For more 'The Walking Dead' content check out the stories below!

Werewolf68

We ALL love The Dead and can't wait for the new season to start but, watch the show and think about what all goes into it, this is THE most realistic show out there and takes ALOT of work to bring it to us, so A HUGE THANK YOU to all those involved. (Still can't wait to watch more though, I am addicted!)

May 21 2012 at 5:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Werewolf68

May 21 2012 at 5:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris o

can't wait to watch this great great show Cable TV is kicking azz sons of anarchy was re newed for 2 more seasons maybe a 7th falling skies breaking bad

February 12 2012 at 4:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

My fav charecter is darrel even though I like them all.. the least favorite is Sophia's mom.. shes not so important I love this show but i kinda like season one better probably Cus it was so sudden. I hope by season three Morgan comes to rick I thaught he was really interesting. Love the show cant wait until season 6 when Carl's probably shooting zombies all by himself =]

January 24 2012 at 8:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Unique

I can't wait til the new season start, personally I think they taking to long to start the next season!!!

January 09 2012 at 10:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bluskiess

yessssssss!!!!

November 29 2011 at 2:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
lovseafood36

I want more walking dead , I love this show , I have to wait till next year feb.

November 27 2011 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
miss lead

I love the walking dead i just wish there were mor epasiods to each season and the seasons wouldnt be soo far apart

November 20 2011 at 10:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to miss lead's comment
Ronalyn Inot

yeh your right about that...

January 24 2012 at 4:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SpiderHam

That is nice to know that this show is going strong by having a season 3.

October 29 2011 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply