July 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Carrie Ann Inaba Defends 'Dancing' Judges and Talks About Chaz's Elimination (VIDEO)

by Stephanie Opella, posted Oct 26th 2011 5:15PM
As things heat up in the evening on 'Dancing With the Stars,' 'Access Hollywood Live' (weekdays, syndicated on NBC) has become a place for the judges to say their peace the morning after. Yesterday Len Goodman addressed Maks' request for him to retire, and today Carrie Ann Inaba talked about Chaz Bono's elimination while defending the judge's ability to remain impartial.

After getting eliminated, Chaz had some catty words for the judges. "I didn't really ever say hello to them so there's not really much of a need to say goodbye." He also said that he felt a bias against him throughout the show, even though he made it to week 6 with minimal dancing skills.

Inaba defended Chaz's elimination, saying, "I commended Chaz on what he was doing, because what he was doing is very important in the larger scope of life. But the scoring has to do with what they're doing dance-wise. We are able to separate the two," she said.

Kit Hoover also commented on Carrie Ann's Mrs. Murdoch-esque deflection of Maks' suggestion to Len that "maybe it's time to quit." "I loved that the momma hen in you came out," Kit said. And about Maks saying that 'DWTS' is his show? Inaba sarcastically agreed. "Absolutely! That is what I came here to say!"

Claire Howard

Maks is right on about the judges. They should critique the dancing and quit using insults for the dancers. Bruno should learn to shut his mouth. Carrie Ann just goes along with Len even when he is wrong most of the time. The judges have favorites and it clearly shows.

October 28 2011 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nadine

hey kim u and your family, WHAT TALENT,NONE OF U HAVE ANY. spread your legs. even your bro did 4 every one 2 see. LOL

October 27 2011 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nadine

maks is right all of the judges. been there to long. GO MAX, you r reason I watch. nadine

October 27 2011 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MS WORLD

I think Chaz stay as long as he could. come on he could'nt dance. I cant stand Maks hes a angry man and treats his partners like sh--t. If anyone should leave he should.for his rudeness to Len. Bruno should watch his mouth,some time he goes overboard. I love Carrie Ann and she so sweet and beauiful.Chaz was a sore loser,when the judges give him comments he was all smiles,and when they didnt well he CALLED MOMMY

October 27 2011 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeankat

I can't stand any of the judges - all are so pretentious and obnoxious. I love Maksim and agree with his comments. It IS his show! I won't watch it if he's not on the show!!!!!!!!

October 27 2011 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joan

Sorry for the double post. If anyone got a look at Derek's smirk, when Maks was speaking, says it all. It is the "Derek Show', anyone with half a brain can see the favoritism of the judges toward him. He gets the partners who can dance, so sure he shines. The 'golden boy' probably ran to the show's producers after that, with his 'boo-hoo'! LOL! There are so many wonderful professional dancers on that show, who never try to outshine their celebrity. Hough is not one of them.

October 27 2011 at 1:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joan

Maks explained himself as to why he said it "was his show". that was taken out of context. Good for Maks for not apologizing to Len, he had no reason. Len has been picking on Maks since the show began. And, that little weazel, Bruno, is a name caller as well as Len is. It went too far to refer to a contestant as an animal. Totally rigged show, get over it, Carrie, it is clear to America how you vote. Not with your head, but with your---.

October 27 2011 at 1:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
omegasaga

Chaz is a btich who only stayed as long as SHE did because of the "sympathy vote.

Max has a point but is also arrogant.

The truth is .. you can be a terrible dancer- but if you are popular enough or get the voting audience to like you- you will stay the whole way. Judge scores mean Z E R O.
Case in point--- PALIN JR

worst cast in yrs

October 27 2011 at 12:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Two Roofs

What I wonder is: how is it that Grace is allowed to solicit votes on ther own show? This seems too unfair. The others don't have a show of their own where they can ask the viewers to vote for them. I don't like that and her for doing this. How is she allowed to do that?

October 27 2011 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Two Roofs's comment
Joan

No different than the Kardashian's soliciting votes for their brother, who is not a great dancer, but so much better than two left feet, Kim was. With their vast network of friends, as well, who knows what they are capable of. I agree, it isn't fair that Nancy promotes herself, but then again, she is not the worst dancer, she has come along way in learning ballroom dancing. And, she seems to be having a good time. It will come down to wonderful J.R. in the end along with "the judge's Golden Boy" Hough and Lake.

October 27 2011 at 1:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MS WORLD

I agree I saw that its not fair at all

October 27 2011 at 1:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Qiamo

I agree with you Daisy, Kim Kardashian is a real bitch, She opens her legs to any man she sees and that!!!! I think would be her talent. Hey Kim keep them closed your brother is right you are what you are when he called you out. You do like ******** just like you showed the world on YouTube.

October 26 2011 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply