July 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Glenn Beck Tears Up In 'Today' Interview With Kathie Lee (VIDEO)

by Alex Moaba, posted Oct 26th 2011 1:30PM
Glenn Beck left Fox News in June after a bombastic, controversial and highly-rated run in which he leveled relentless and often hysterical criticism at the Obama administration. No longer on the Fox airwaves after advertisers began to drop his show, Beck has moved on to his own media venture, a streaming network called GBTV. He's also got a new novel out called the 'The Snow Angel,' which touches on themes of childhood abuse.

In a fairly surreal meeting of the minds, Beck sat down for a 'Today' (weekdays, 9AM ET on NBC) interview with Kathie Lee Gifford, and it didn't take long for him to tear up. Talking about his childhood, he said, "When you live in an alcoholic family or an abusive family, you tiptoe, you don't want to step on any mines," he said, fighting through tears. "Now the 'Today Show' is going to make fun of me again," he continued.

Kathie Lee asked Beck if the wild roller-coast ride had been worth it. Looking sad and reflective, he said, "I don't know. I wouldn't want to be my kids, I wouldn't want to be my wife."

mdanielewi

Wow. I can't believe how many people are unwilling to listen to another person's story. Next time you have such baseless reasons for name calling you might want to first check into the facts about a person, or an event, other than your personal feeling towards someone, or something. Glenn is one of the biggest supporters of all persons, and their religious believes, or non believes, as long as they don't violate other persons freedoms. The resason why some people don't listen to Beck is because their afraid that once that actually look at the facts of things that he says that they would agree with him. Just look at his track record of calling out the things that have happened over the last couple of years. Please people, be willing to do your own research, don't rely on the words of others as the truth, unless the TRUTH can back it up.

October 27 2011 at 1:10 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
USA J

So, this is his free pass to abuse others as an adult. Not feeling a bit sorry for this jerk

October 26 2011 at 11:57 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
angelgambrell

hi there,i love to watch the clips.things that i might like.

October 26 2011 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dviola1234

Hey Beck,

Just shut up. No one of any level of decency, humanity or intelligence cares.

October 26 2011 at 10:16 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
betty

GBTV.com is really good.....i like glenn

October 26 2011 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

Finally, I agree with Glen Beck. I would NOT want to be his wife or child.

October 26 2011 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Snow Drift

Oh hell no. You do not use something that to try and garnish sympathies for sales, and to use that name, the Snow Angel? Seriously, EFF you glenn beck, EFF you! If I ever get the chance to meet you, well pray I don't. You won't like the colorful things I have to say. This is the first time his antics have officially pissed me off to the point I want to say some rather colorful things but will refrain. I've generally taken a vow to avoid judging others, or condemning others, but you Glenn Beck? You are officially the lowest form of man. The kind of man that gives humanity a bad name. So many more colorful words I want to use to express my pissed-ness at this, but I'll just have to settle for EFF you Glenn Beck, ef you right to hell where you belong.

October 26 2011 at 4:15 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
hoakie

Hey Glen...you say that you wouldn't want to be your wife or kids. I completely understand because most of America doesn't even want to be in the same room with you. If this is the last time I ever hear anything about you that will be perfectly fine. Good riddance!

October 26 2011 at 2:43 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
jmslotnick

How amazing Glenn Beck tears up with Kathie Lee Gifford.....Good heavens both these people would make anybody tears up, actually they would make anybody gag up they are both such unpleasant and annoying individuals.

October 26 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
tlc5300

In many WWII movies, they seem to have a NAZI officer that seems friendlier and warmer than the other storm troopers. Yes, he's a Nazi but when the other monsters leave, he acts morally superior to them. In other words, he just shoots you dead and doesn't torture you for 10 days. That's what Glenn Beck reminds me of, a bad guy.

If he wasn't such a phonie and a hater he'd still have his TV show.

October 26 2011 at 2:14 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply