September 2, 2014

EXCLUSIVE Sneak Peek: TLC's 'Sister Wives' Swap Kids

by Maggie Furlong, posted Oct 28th 2011 1:00PM
TLC's 'Sister Wives' gives viewers a behind-the-scenes look at a very unique American family: Kody Brown, his four wives and their now 17 kids are your typical polygamist family, but for most people, it's considered an unorthodox lifestyle.

In our exclusive sneak peek from this week's episode (Sun., Oct. 30, 9PM ET), we see a storyline that might be the show's most controversial yet. Wife Christine admits that she doesn't get along with her eight-year-old daughter Ysabel -- "I know it's ridiculous to butt heads with an eight-year-old, but we do" -- so Ysabel is packing her bags and moving in with other wife Meri.

"Christine gets disrespect from Ysabel, and it's the funniest thing ... " Kody says during one confessional, before Christine promptly corrects him. "It is not the funniest thing."

It may not be funny, but is letting an eight-year-old child move out of your house a smart parenting decision? Even if she's just moving to another part of your house with another one of your husband's wives?

"I know that Ysabel respects Meri," Christine explains. "There's a lot of things that Meri can give her that I can't."

Watch our exclusive clip and tell us what you think: Have you ever wished you could send your disrespectful child away for a few nights? Is this the upside to having a large family with multiple spouses?

Cnj_120

I think this episode is awesome, in fact, I have recently offered to take one of my friend's children for a few days to give them a break, because they also clash quite often. I watch my several of my friend's kids for the weekend while they go out of town, or just have alone time, I think it's awesome that they have someone to do it all of the time.

March 09 2012 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Monica

I guess I really don't care what they do. I try to understand but can't grasp it. In one episode they didn't want the kids to go to a protastant church because the beliefs are so drastically different. Well, I am protastant. Cody talked about biblical figures having several wifes. Do they think they are living in first century? Are they being brainwashed with the bible? As usual, I pity the kids. It is illegal.

October 29 2011 at 8:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anastaia Beaverhause

@thriftstore, how in the world do you know they live off of welfare? did they call you & inform you of this? Heres some advice. Get a life! There are husbands who have a wife and a girlfriend on the side plus the strippers he visits at the strip club. Give me a break. WHo cares what the Brown family is doing. He is only legally married to one wife so what he is doing is not illegal. What has the world come to that all we do is point the finger. We are not judge & jury. What the Browns do with their lives have no effect on me what so ever. I dont care. The children are well taken care of and happy. Thats all that matters. They welcomed the cameras into their home so they can share their lives with the world. They are a big, happy family. Thats all that matters.

October 29 2011 at 6:56 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
moodeyzman

Excuse the typo's...it's my POS Laptop...keys stick! :-)

October 29 2011 at 12:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to moodeyzman's comment
Sylvie

You gotta stop eating your Eggos with your fingers. lol

October 29 2011 at 6:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sylvie's comment
moodeyzman

LOL...and I just did it again with my response up there ^^^! :-)

November 14 2011 at 3:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
moodeyzman

I'm wondering....what the heck does Cody do for a living that enalbles him to just pack up and move 4 wives and 16 kids, to Las Vegas Nevade? A very EXPENSIVE place to live, and he bought 4 gorgeous brand new homes. 1 for each wife ans their children. Is this guy a millionaire? Have I missed something?? Not only did he pack up and move 20 people, who he is allegedly supporting, to one of the most expensive areas of all, but he also has to clothe and feed these 4 women and 16 children. Not to mention, utilities, gas for at least 5 vehicles, which he also has to pay to maintain. Medical and Dental insurance for 21 people, and the list goes on and on and on..... Am I the only one wondering this??

October 29 2011 at 12:57 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to moodeyzman's comment
fulltmom1

All 4 wives live in RENTED homes, Nevada is a very inexpensive place to live, its one of about 3 or so states that homes have plumeted in price.

October 29 2011 at 2:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to fulltmom1's comment
moodeyzman

I assumed the since it was LAS VEGAS, it would be an expensive place to live. There are alot of area's in NV...as there are in most every state,,.where the cost of living is much more reasonable. But Vegas, being what it is, isn't one of the cheaper places in Nevada. I have 2 cousins and an old friend who live there, all have said it is an expensive place to live. And just assuming these houses are not costly to rent, they are all big beautiful new homes. The rents would be at least $1,000 a month per home.That's at least $4 grand in rent, not to mention all the other things I listed that he has to pay for to take care of all these wives and kids. Food, clothes, medical, dental, cars, gas, etc etc etc........

November 14 2011 at 3:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
Carlene Bragg

They get boatloads of money from the TV show so they can have a "better life." I guess in these days you gotta do what you gotta do to keep 4 wives and 17 children happy.

October 29 2011 at 5:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Carlene Bragg's comment
moodeyzman

True, they are getting paid very well, I'm sure, for the show. But what about before the show? There were 3 wives and 18 kids already, for him to support. Everyone who is saying they are on welfare, did they say they were, or...? Just wondering...
If they ever have one of those shows where the answer viewers questions, I sure hope someone clears that up! Most of us have to be curious about this.

November 14 2011 at 3:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
dan

The day My husband ever thinks it's funny when one of our kids disrespects me, is the day he get a frying pan upside his head! The only thing worse than a loser is being a loser on national television.

October 29 2011 at 12:47 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dan's comment
Cnj_120

It was a figure of speech, that she took too seriously like a lot of women

March 09 2012 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thrift Store

These peopkle are discusting as well as TLC. The slimeball is only legally married to 1 and the other 3 and the kids are mooching off your tax dollars in the form of welfare. everyone need to e-mail the Nevada Gov office DEMANDING that the welfare be stopped and start making slimball pay child support to pay for his own kids

TLC should have all the advertizes boycotted as TLC condones this action as there the ones who are airing the show

October 29 2011 at 12:03 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Thrift Store's comment
Brendalee

Get your facts straight! They are not on welfare! Four of them had jobs until Robyn moved to joing the family and three more were fired for their beliefs. Which should be against the law. It is not for us to judge it is for god to judge. You do not have to do what they do. We are to love one another not critisize everyone who is not like you.

October 29 2011 at 12:55 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brendalee's comment
bluedawn100

Well, the US Bankruptcy courts have their papers, and all three have filed, except Robin...they will not be able to sell real estate in Vegas, because you cannot have a bankrupt on your record, and yes, they had food stamps....It has been on the evening news, and you can find it online, listing Kody and his three wives.....they don't have enough money for food, until they went on TV......

October 29 2011 at 1:40 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down
Thrift Store

October 29 2011 at 12:03 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Thrift Store's comment
Cnj_120

Do you know for a fact that he doesn't support his children? He seems to me to be a loving husband and father. Who cares that it's not the normal way of life. I wouldn't want to share my husband, but other than that, I think I would make an awesome sister wife. And there are plenty of men who are not in their child's life, so at least these kids are loved.

March 09 2012 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sevenheaven85

I love this family and I hope only the best for all of them. I think what they have is beautiful.

October 29 2011 at 12:02 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Sevenheaven85's comment
homeimps

It would be even more beautiful if the wives got themselves an extra husband or two. But as usual, the "man" gets to be the king while the women just plod along behind him.

October 29 2011 at 8:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cnj_120

I agree with you completely!

March 09 2012 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruthie

Ok with me also, to each their own, I think it's wonderful, I'd love to have a sister wive to help out around the house, I get tired of being the only slave at home........lol. I could retire. I am Mormon also, though not the type that these follow, in my church, you would be excommunicated for this.

October 28 2011 at 11:54 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ruthie's comment
Thrift Store

Sorry I dont by it that they would be ex communicated for it as its widespread in Utah and the gov and most elecyed officials are Mormon and they refuse to pass laws to stop it . Mormons think its ok and in public say its not BUT there proof is in their actions and so far there have been none

October 29 2011 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Thrift Store's comment
Karla Pepmeyer

You totally don't know what you are talking about! It is illeagle in all 50 states to have more than one spouce, even in Utah! Main stream Mormans do NOT believe in multiple wives. I am NOT Morman but I'd love to be part of a family that has 'sister wives'. Everyone rips on Kody and his family but they choose to live this lifestyle and it's no one's business but their own!!

October 29 2011 at 4:33 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down