September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Judge Judy Admits She's Made Mistakes (VIDEO)

by Alex Moaba, posted Oct 28th 2011 3:30PM
Judge Judy Sheinlin has been one of the highest-rated TV judges to ever sit behind the bench. She rules with an iron fist and revels in teaching lessons and shouting down unprepared witnesses. But on 'Live With Regis & Kelly,' (weekdays, syndicated on ABC) Judge Judy showed her humble side, and admitted that while some may see her as an infallible matron of TV justice, she's made her fair share of courtroom mistakes.

"I know I have made mistakes over the years," she said. "Sometimes I've tried to take the information and came up with the wrong answer ... but I never came up with the wrong answer for lack of trying," Judge Judy said.

Regis marveled at her consistent ability to solve cases in five minutes, when other, real litigation can be tied up in court for years. "First of all, I have little issues. But you have to make a decision ... if you can't make a decision, don't be a judge," Judge Judy explained.

JL

Heaven help those that seek justice from her, if she is indeed a real judge. If she is, then she is a good example of why we have so many falsely convicted being in jail...........just because it's her opinion that they were/are lying.

July 30 2012 at 5:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maura

I agree that she is a obnoxious, loud and opinionated old bitch. She calls people liars before they can explain, she cuts them off. I stopped watching when she had a child on there, and found later the one that hit the child is finally in jail. Judge Judy did not even address the correct issue, just continued to scream. Who needs that?

July 05 2012 at 12:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
koldaseyce

Being a Judge means she has to judge fairly by hearing both sides of the story which this bitch never does because of her loud obnoxious mouth and her desire to keep her ratings up there. I wonder how many episodes were cut because someone fired back at her because of her stupid name calling rants. Abuse is abuse coming from a Judge or not.

October 30 2011 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lagerfeld88

Gee. I love Judge Judy and usually agree with her putting a defendant in his/her place. The average person in America has no brains or direction. They identify with the defendant because they can't reason correctly. I think Judge Judy is truly smart and often says to the court what I would like to say if I had the opportunity. It's one of my favorite shows.

October 30 2011 at 6:05 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Her biggest problem is; she has made up her mind before coming out to the bench. Some people have trouble writing a convincing story and there are those who have trouble speaking. Especially with tv cameras pointing at them. Just because someone has stage fright doesn't mean they are lying.
All of the other Judges give fair time to explain their story without unnecessary interuption. And they don't call someone a idiot or moron.
If she was so good at law; why did she take up acting. Money... As if she never breeched a contract. How many husbands has she had? If she had that many pricks sticking out of her she'd look like a porkupine...
She, in my eyes is a antichrist...

October 29 2011 at 10:46 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
kingdaddy

She would throw my a$$ out quick because I am sure the first time she called me a name or ran that smart a$$ mouth I would have to give her a dog cursing..I dont think just because she is a judge she ought to be able to disrespect people the way she does.

October 29 2011 at 10:02 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer T.

Anyone who complains about Judge Judy being mean should remember that the people who go on her show do so voluntarily. They know, or at least they should know, what they are in for if they annoy the judge. And let's face it, don't we feel just a little satisfaction in hearing Judge Judy chew up & spit out some loser who desperately needs it?

October 29 2011 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vieragam

Over the years I have watch Judge Judy occassionally. She used to make great decisions. But in recent years, she has done some pretty rude and laughable rulings. She has become a "judge snob" and verbally abusive. Maybe it is her age? I don't watch anymore. No one is god except God.

October 29 2011 at 9:41 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
kingbman

I stopped watching Judge Judy when someone I lived in the same neighborhood from the 1960s was on her show. It took me half the show to figure out who she was. She was using her mother's name and was involved in a welfare fraud case. A real nasty one. She gave her latest child to a next door neighbor, yet collected the welfare check. When caught, she was supposed to pay it back. Her defense? Even though she collected the money, her neighbor should pay the fines because she had the child! Judge Judy found in favor for the defendant. I was surprised this case would have been allowed on TV. Don't the producers do background checks?
Oh well, I did some small research on Judge Judy and other courtroom shows and found out a lot of people recognize their old neighbors, friends ,and even family members appear on these shows with assumed names or identities altered. I stopped watching the other courtroom shows soon after. Bring back the game shows.

October 29 2011 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to kingbman's comment
Mary

Of course they are going to be neighbors, friends, customers and acquaintances. They scour small claims filings up and down the state if they don't have enough from other states. My friend's mother in law received a letter from the production co and she turned it down. She had filed a claim against a local motel for stolen jewelry. Even though she was the plaintiff and had a solid case, she didn't want to be raked over the coals for the reason she had to leave the property in the motel room. Even for the 2 hrs she was gone. When she declined they contacted her again and told her that she had the option of using an alias, etc. She still turned them down.

October 29 2011 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ae12wrangell

The mistake is; too many people actually believe this crap! There is no way this is a legal drama. All it is is reality TV CRAP!

October 29 2011 at 9:33 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply