April 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

The Judges Declare the Winner of 'Project Runway' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 28th 2011 12:45AM
'Project Runway' finaleIt was down to four designers for the finale of 'Project Runway' (Thu., 9PM ET on Lifetime), and they had to impress four actual professionals on the dais, as costume designer L'Wren Scott joined the usual trio. This meant four expert opinions -- as opposed to three plus a token celebrity.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Once again, it looks like Anya is living by the motto: Why do now what you can put off until the last possible minute? And yet, she always manages to have something to show, and her looks usually go over well with the judges.

The judges were concerned that she may be a bit of a one-trick pony, almost always going for a similar look and style, Nevertheless, it creates a signature look that must have impressed them because, after eliminating Kimberly and Viktor, it was down to Josh and Anya. No one thought Josh could possibly win this season, and he didn't.

Are you shocked that Anya took it all the way?

nidesola

Yes. I'm surprised. I really wanted Josh to win. Most grown. Most interesting. Not one-note. Both Josh & Anya had wonderful ideas, and while Anya's looked pretty, it lacked variety, while Josh's was bold & diverse & interesting. I wish all of them extreme success though because they all put up a fabulous show (I genuinely liked all 4 collections, which has never happened in the past).

October 28 2011 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brinthorne

I'm thrilled that Anya won, though it wouldn't have surprised me if Josh had won. I also would have been happy if Viktor had won, but the judges were exactly right about his collection - 4 of those 10 looks were nothing but variations on a questionable theme. He shot himself in the foot with that choice.

October 28 2011 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to brinthorne's comment
Donna

His collection was the best of the lot and he should have won.

October 28 2011 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gene330h

That was my last time watching...Viktor or Josh should have won...I think Anya was picked because they liked her look...not her designs...which were mostly the same..........

October 28 2011 at 1:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mofromoh

VICTOR WAS ROBBED.

October 28 2011 at 1:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
wat up nigga

UNBELIEVABLE! Simply unbelievable!!! The judges got it all wrong, and Viktor was robbed. Since when did breezy, flowy, not-well-made Island Wear become mainstream? People aren't going to be rushing to buy that. And unless a woman has mosquito bites up top, most regular women are going to fall out of Anya's designs. I'll say it one more time: VIKTOR WAS ROBBED!!!

October 28 2011 at 10:33 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to wat up nigga's comment
Donna

Yes he was! All aboard the PR Exodus Train!

October 28 2011 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jessieleah

I was shocked - I thought Josh was the dark horse in this one. Viktor fell flat, Kimberly's line wasn't all that impressive to me anyway, Josh's was interesting and cohesive and Anya's was very her and cohesive as well. I figured Josh was going to win for sure!

October 28 2011 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jnugentgalasso

wow ! didn't see that coming. good for her!

October 28 2011 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mgoforat

She should NOT have won, the others have worked much harder and longer, they deserved the shot. I think the judges picked her a long time ago...based on letting her stay in the finals. It's too bad for the other three, who have worked so long. I'm starting to not like Heidi Klum as much as I use to. I won't watch this show next year, cause I felt it was rigged from the get go.

October 28 2011 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply