July 25, 2014

'In Living Color' Coming Back to Fox

by Alex Moaba, posted Oct 29th 2011 12:30PM
'In Living Color' is getting a re-boot from Fox. The network announced Friday night that they're bringing back a new version of the trailblazing '90s sketch comedy show that launched the careers of the Wayans Brothers, Jim Carrey, David Allen Grier and "Fly Girl" dancers, now reality show judges, J-Lo and Carrie Ann Inaba.

The variety show will come back as two half-hour specials in the Spring of 2012. The specials will serve as a trial run for a possible full season.

Keenen Ivory Wayans, the original show's star and creator, will serve as host and executive producer this time around. The new version of 'In Living Color' will feature a new cast of comedic talents.

After the jump, enjoy a video of Jim Carrey impersonating Vanilla Ice in a classic 'In Living Color' sketch.

beachysunrise001

I agree with david, I remember watching ILC every week, I believe bringing back members of the original cast will help it out a lot. Characters like Fire Marshall Bill, Homie the Clown, HandiMan, man the list goes on and on.

November 02 2011 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kimberly

The Wayans Brothers were successful waaaayy before In Living Color! This show was just one of their hits! Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing this show again especially if the Wayans are involved, should be hilarious!

November 02 2011 at 2:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I liked ILC. I hope the new version is successful. However, what worked then may not work now. We'll see. Bringing back some of the original players for a guest spot sure wouldn't hurt.

November 02 2011 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dnichole01

WHERE CAN I AUDITION TO BE A FLY GIRL?

November 01 2011 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BC

Jim Carrey headlined a series ('The Duck Factory') 6 years before 'In Living Color', so "launched" is a bit of an exaggeration--jumpstarted, maybe.

October 29 2011 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply