August 27, 2014

FX Renews 'American Horror Story'

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 31st 2011 2:15PM
American Horror Story RenewedAfter scoring record ratings for the network, FX has renewed 'American Horror Story' for a second season.

"It's one thing to have the ambition and guts to reinvent a genre in a way that makes it captivatingly fresh for a broad audience -- it's something else entirely to have the craft to back that ambition up," John Landgraf, president and general manager of FX Networks, said in a statement. "Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have hit the trifecta with 'Nip/Tuck,' 'Glee' and now 'American Horror Story,' which will be scaring FX's viewers to death for many years to come."

'Glee' co-creators Murphy and Falchuk are executive producers and co-creators of 'American Horror Story.' Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton and Jessica Lange star in the horror series about the Harmons and their new devilish home.

FX will air four episodes tonight, Oct. 31, starting at 10PM ET. Nine episodes of the show remain, with the final two episodes airing on Dec. 21.

According to FX, first-run episodes of 'AHS' are averaging 4.2 million viewers with a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic.

Tell us: Are you ready for more 'American Horror Story'?

erik

For those of you who DO love FX, check out the new DISH Network website Dishonline.com!! I started working for DISHG a while back, and now, with my phone or computer, I can get all sorts of channels and content otherwise unavailable!! TNT, FX, Starz and more!! Much of this content isn't available on Hulu or Roku, and I can even manage my DVR with my phone!! Amazing! Got o Dishonline.com to get all the details.

November 08 2011 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kim

To the people saying it is too gratuitous and belongs on HBO--you realize this is FX, right? Did you not ever see Nip/Tuck? This is almost a network show compared to the sex scenes on that. I've actually been shocked all we've seen thus far is Dylan McDermott's rear end and young Moira's bottom in her maid's uniform. We've seen sex scenes (Vivien and Rubber-Suit Man is all that comes to mind at present, besides Dylan's crying solo scene in the first episode but I haven't found them too much more graphic than something on other basic cable shows.
Maybe you didn't read anything about it beforehand? I had read it was gong to be shocking, etc. and was familiar with Ryan Murphy from N/T so I knew what to expect...but I love this show and I'm disappointed when it's over every week. It's so clever and the plot line is so circuitous.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but there weren't any sex scenes last week at all, were there?

November 01 2011 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

oops I meant to say too many sex scenes it is pure filth I am not a prude either but enough is enough No more for me of this show

November 01 2011 at 3:47 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

I watched this show but this shgow needs to be on HBO or one of the other cable networks. Too much sexual inuendos for regular viewing. It is disgusting I am a sbroad minded as the rest. But soem of those season are bad. I cancelled the series. I like a good horror movie but this does not need all this sex in.

November 01 2011 at 3:46 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Pete Kelly

Very solid show. My girlfriend and I watch this regularly and Walking Dead. It's nice to see this genre getting some quality attention. Pretty sad small minded people are on here bashing it. And calling homosexuals 'evil'. How are they evil? Those that run around judging people because they disagree with them and want to drag them down because of it are the evil ones. I for one, don't understand how a man can be attracted to another man but, that doesn't make them evil. It means they have a different view than I do. Some guys like blondes, some like brunettes, some like thin girls, some like thick girls and yes some like other men. If you don't like it then don't do it but don't start acting like you're better than them. Solid show and the gay couple in my opinion were pretty solid characters. The whole cast has been so far.

November 01 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
mcc1cam

Unfortunately, last week was my final episode...they just went too far. I'm no prude, but the gratuitous sex finally got on my nerves. It broke up the story line and the writers seemed to have trouble getting back on track. This has happened on every episode, but last week it just drove me nuts when it happened - again!!! BTW, and just FYI, I make my living as a successful writer...you never know who you'll meet on ANY site!

November 01 2011 at 1:32 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
tylean210

i love this show!!!! cant wait till the next week to see it!!!! its so good from beginning to the end!!! FX has really great shows!!!!

November 01 2011 at 12:41 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Rayce

AHS is brilliantly written and acted and I predict Jessica Lange will win multiple awards for best supporting actress....she is just spellbinding to watch. This show along with several other groundbreaking ones now elevates FX to HBO and Showtime status. So love you guys for the quality and originality you display. Bravo Bravo Bravo!!!!!!
Jessica Lange....you are what all actors aspire to!!!!

November 01 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
ziggydog10

I absolutely love it!! I have watched the episodes over and over and keep seeing things! Loved the gay skeletons in the yard in Part 1 Halloween!! Greatest TV in a VERYYYYY long time!!!

November 01 2011 at 12:02 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

No! This show is disgusting, immoral & appalling with its nudity & explicit sexual language. True filth - but what do we expect from Ryan Murphy, who brought us the equally sickening "Nip/Tuck" & "Glee" - it's just another chance for him to advance his agenda of pushing evil & homosexuality upon the few who are left to fight this crap!

November 01 2011 at 12:02 PM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply