April 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Forgetting to Pay Your Driver Costs Big on 'The Amazing Race' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 31st 2011 2:15AM
'The Amazing Race' - 'We Love Your Country Already; It Is Very Spacious (Malawi)'Paying attention to details is key on 'The Amazing Race' (Sun., 8PM ET on CBS). That said, some things are just fundamental to the race and always have been. You simply must settle up with your driver before you can check in to a Pit Stop. And yet, season after season, we see teams that miss this crucial detail.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Teams that forgot -- and there were two of them this week -- were lucky Phil didn't make them carry those beds back to pay off their trucks. With an equalizer at the start of this leg, it was essential that contestants race hard and smart from beginning to end.

Missing that crucial detail cost Justin & Jennifer their first place finish -- they did manage to do it quickly enough to still come in second. Because of that, Andy & Tommy scored their fourth 1st place finish in only six legs of racing. That's an impressive run by any standards.

Bill & Cathi made the same mistake, only they were fighting to avoid elimination. They managed to run back and still catch up and pass Amani & Marcus to come in sixth. Luckily for Amani & Marcus, though, this was yet another non-elimination leg and they're still in the running.

jhough9839

A brillian idea is on the sundays where CBS has a late game, set your TiVo or other recording device for the next hourly TV program. Simple solution and solved problem, I do that.

November 01 2011 at 1:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RULINM

I have to TiVo the Amazing Race, and since CBS can't figure out how to keep Sunday primetime on schedule, I often miss the last half. I'm tired of being frustrated with the situation, and will just stop watching.

November 01 2011 at 1:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dga2

Oklahoma $uck$. Hick state. Who gives a rat's behind?

October 31 2011 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bkcnhville

One of the few remaining GOOD shows left on TV! ROCK on Amazing Race and CBS!!

October 31 2011 at 8:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pj512

I guess they've always been told they had to pay the drivers. I didn't really see anything about it last night. And like somebody else said, at least the two couples didn't have to carry the beds back with them. I like this show and most of the time I like "Survivor". If you don't like these shows, you don't have to watch. I don't like the Kardashians or the Jersey Shore or other shows like those, but there are people who do. It's great that we have shows that appeal to different people. So why don't we just comment on the subject of this story. Paying your driver on the Amazing Race.

October 31 2011 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alex91576

Why are these dumb shows still on TV????????

October 31 2011 at 6:51 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Angela

Best show on TV. I'm glad Amani & Marcus weren't eliminated. Teams should not be penalized for techinical difficulties, like a cab breaking down as happened to them.

October 31 2011 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lthrnck68

Let's step back for a moment at analyze this properly. The people involved are NOT stars. Anyone involved in a reality show is, at best, a celebrity. For them to be a "star", they'd have already had a career in entertainment or sports.

October 31 2011 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HANK

The only thing I can say about this show is I hope it gets Canceled soon. I am so tired of going to watch the shows I like and this crap is still on. Its suppose to be a one hour show so how come it takes and hour and a half.

October 31 2011 at 5:28 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply