October 25, 2014

Popular 'Days of Our Lives' Character Coming Out of the Closet

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 1st 2011 6:00PM
Chandler Massey Days of Our Lives'Days of Our Lives' is adding another gay character. According to EW, Daytime Emmy nominee Chandler Massey's character, Will Horton, will come out of the closet on the long-running soap opera.

"I'm thrilled to be able to portray my character in an empowering way that will show his struggle to accept who he is," Massey said in a statement. "It is my hope that this storyline will inspire others to be true to themselves as well."

In July, '90210' actor Freddie Smith joined the cast as Sonny, a character who returns home to his family.

In true soap fashion, Will will struggle with self-acceptance over the next few weeks. Could Will hook up up with Sonny, the new boy in town? You'll have to watch and see!

'Days of Our Lives' was renewed by NBC through September 2013. After 'One Life to Live' goes off the air in January 2012, 'Days' will be one of four soaps left standing. 'General Hospital' is still supported by ABC and CBS has 'Bold and the Beautiful' and 'Young and the Restless.'

Lois sanders

yes ill leave a comment i have been watching this soap since i was 10 yrs old with my mother shes passed on and i still watch it everyday till this mess with will came out im not with the gay scence and to impose it on days of our lives if my mom knew of this shed roll over in her grave is days getting so low that they have to turn to this kind of garbage on my favorite show .i was glad to see all the characters come back to days bought back alot of memories the only ones that havent returned is shawn and his wife and bo going off makes me wonder but back to the subject at had i still watch your show but when things chances to will and sonny thats sick . if guys want to be gay and women wants to be a lesbian keep it in their own bedroom we dont want to see it on days sincerely mrs lois sanders ps and im 66 yrs old right now been watching this show for along time i turn the story off when i see this

November 14 2012 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa E

forgive my misspelling of DiMera in my last post

November 27 2011 at 9:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa E

I have watched Days for almost 40 years minus the 6 i stopped when the story lines got too ridiculous back in the late 90's and early 2000's. I am getting prepared to say goodbye to the show once again. I am so sick of the Sami and EJ dance. I thought that it was finally over. Put EJ with the one that goes best with him---Nichole and keep it that way. And stop trying to make him all conflicted with his bad guyness. He is a Demira let him be one, which Nichole will let him be....however, don't don't make them soooo evil. Like the way Stephano is bad guy but with a heart. Much like the old mafia bosses. and although I loved John and Marlena, their leaving the show was for the best. while having them on for visits or as supporting stars would be great....had enough of their dramatic life. And the whole Carrie Austin thing...want to GAG. First of all, this guy looks nothing like Austin. And Carrie as a lawyer... haaaahaaaaaaaaaaa. please do us all a favor and send them back to Europe. Do love Maggie and Victor and thank God they sent Jack back for Jennifer...that should never have been messed with just like Bo should never have been with Carly. Like Bo and Hope working together but prefer them as PI's not cops. Should have left Quinn with Taylor ..did like that although must admit, wanted to kill her off when they had her with EJ. Really liked Phillip with Melanie too. And Brady, although really did have chemistry with Nichole(still prefer her with EJ) might go well with this new Madison character. I wish I was one of the writers. I am sure I could do a bettter job than the ones they've had in recent years. I really am going to stop watching if they don't end this Sami EJ bs. They absolutely do NOT belong together. Sami is much better suited with Rafe, just as she was with Lucus.

November 27 2011 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Lisa E's comment
Lois sanders

yes i agree ej needs to be with nicole and sammi needs to put her legs together and stay with one guy and you know who that is and as far as john and marlena there boring enough without christian be involved if its going to end she needs to be with roman let christian have john and go bye bye and billie yes there aint nothing for her in salem anymore

November 14 2012 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bubba

Is is true that they're going to soon reveal that Marlena is Victor's daughter?

November 16 2011 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bubba's comment
Lois sanders

you got to be kidding whats next?

November 14 2012 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JC

I knew this was coming and I was hoping it would not. Days I hope you know what you are doing. It seems that more and more are coming out of that closet. I've watched Days seems day one, but my time may be short.

November 15 2011 at 3:09 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to JC's comment
Lois sanders

i agree with you 100% i just wrote a nasty note about it

November 14 2012 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yanzi

UGG Boots Select the Australian beauty the sheep of the finest a slave fur material production, this wool features are: uniform distribution, degree of agreement. Accurate clip, exquisite pure handmade, achieve a wool skin made of wool boots strict requirements and standards. Accept wholesale!Welcome to http://www.stylevoila.com/ or http://www.piratebayshoes.com or http://www.timberland-boots.org。

November 02 2011 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply