July 29, 2014

Mark Harmon Before He Was Famous

by Crystal Bell, posted Nov 1st 2011 6:30PM
Mark Harmon NCISBefore he started solving crime, it looks like Special Agent Gibbs was actually a star on the football field.

Back in the day, Mark Harmon was rather dapper student attending Harvard High School. After graduating in 1970, he then headed off to UCLA, where he would eventually become quarterback of the football team.

After he hung up his cleats, he turned to acting, and his first role was on the popular primetime soap 'Flamingo Road.' And who else remembers seeing Harmon on the cover of People when he had his brief moment of glory as the Sexiest Man Alive? We can't really imagine Gibbs caring about magazine covers, but for a young Mr. Harmon it was a career-defining highlight. That is, until he appeared in a guest-starring role in 'JAG' that would eventually lead to starring in the CBS hit 'NCIS.'

Check out Harmon's humble beginnings after the jump.

Looking pretty good, right?

Mark Harmon NCIS

To see what the rest of the 'NCIS' cast looked liked before they started solving murders -- Pauley Perrette was especially adorable! -- click on over to Snakkle.

For more super fun Snakkle galleries, check out:

dbmacjr

My brother played football at USC at the same time Mark was the quarterback at UCLA. I was a 14 year old star struck teenager who thought he was the cutest thing ever. I have fond memories of waiting for my brother in the tunnel at the Coliseum and refusing to leave until Mark came out. Pat Haden was gorgeous as well but Mark was my favorite. As an almost 55 year old, I still find him sexier than ever. Pam Dawber is one lucky woman!

November 02 2011 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yanzi

UGG Boots Select the Australian beauty the sheep of the finest a slave fur material production, this wool features are: uniform distribution, degree of agreement. Accurate clip, exquisite pure handmade, achieve a wool skin made of wool boots strict requirements and standards. Accept wholesale!Welcome to http://www.stylevoila.com/ or http://www.piratebayshoes.com or http://www.timberland-boots.org。

November 02 2011 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
junkstuff13

I knew it was him right away with those beautiful baby blues !! he's still HOT !!

November 02 2011 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
junkstuff13

Wow, he's still gorgeous !! I knew it was him immediately, his baby blues gave him away !!

November 02 2011 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
webkitty

I knew it was him right away. The eyes never lie!

November 02 2011 at 9:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kpsra

Isnt he in his 80s? He looks pretty good for that old...maybe it is lots of makeup? I remember him on the old Gunsmoke show and then Pettycoat Junction...great to see he is doing so well!

November 02 2011 at 9:39 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to kpsra's comment
LM

He's 60...

November 03 2011 at 10:31 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
panhermes

Wow! Years have certainly taken their effect on him. Geez, what on earth is his lifestyle, just look at the ravages of time! How incredible, most extraordinary-to see the impact even with a professional photographer, make up, hair stylist, lighting and who knows photo shop...(It's not as though I' pea green with envy or anything). Pretty obvious he's lived a healthful lifestyle----Mark Harmon I'll never permit myself to be in the same room..What? You found the fountain or youth? Is there a very ugly painting hidden away somewhere? uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhhhhh>>>>>>>>>

November 02 2011 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mjq2cools

Mark Harmon you are SUPER FINE! Every time I see your picture or you on TV you make me hot! Lots of love to you Babycakes! Muah!

November 02 2011 at 9:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kimmieizey

Love Mark Harmon !! He isnt in the tabloids, and keeps his nose clean. Love the show NCIS

November 02 2011 at 8:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank Freese

Mark harmom i love this guys show ncis i try to not miss a show , but years ago when he did flamingo road i hated this guy i know he was just playing a part but , maybe it was just his performance the person i did like was morgan fairchild i know she is gay but who cares.
she was smoking hot and i wish i could see more over in other shows

November 02 2011 at 7:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Frank Freese's comment
tlewis5285

Morgan Fairchild is gay????

November 02 2011 at 9:30 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply