October 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Rachael Ray Gives 'I Used to Be Fat' Girls a Fashion Makeover (VIDEO)

by Stephanie Opella, posted Nov 1st 2011 5:30PM
MTV's weight-loss reality show 'I Used to be Fat' inspired 'Rachael Ray' (weekdays, syndicated on ABC) to give two girls featured on the show a style makeover. Maddy, who started out weighing 265 pounds, told Rachael, "I want to wear on the outside how I feel on the inside." Lindsay, who began her journey at 213 pounds, also wanted to be able to make the kind of first impression that reflects how she currently feels about herself.

Rachael's resident makeover guru, Kyan Douglas, whisked the girls backstage to work his magic. When he returned, Rachael called Maddy out first, and she came out wearing a black pencil skirt and a fuchsia tank. "I feel absolutely ecstatic, euphoric right now. I feel so confident and just beautiful," she said.

Next, Lindsay came out in a short, flowing blue dress with a black, fitted blazer. Rachael asked her what she thought about their new looks. "I think we look hot," Lindsay said in her best Paris Hilton voice.

psttx

nobody shows or discusses the skin removal surgery after such a weight loss

November 02 2011 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jessiernut

Losing weight is tough. Great job losing the weight they have lost! I hope they are happy with themselves and have the confidence they should. They aren't think stick models, but everyone isn't made to look that, nor should they. The world is full of people of all shapes and sizes. They look great.

November 02 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jessiernut's comment
jessiernut

Thin, not think.

November 02 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Arlene

They're still fat. What was the point of this?

November 02 2011 at 1:29 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Arlene's comment
Sue

your pathetic,, can't you at least give credit where some is due!!

November 02 2011 at 2:26 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jessiernut

I've lost 50 pounds, yet I'm still "fat". But I still try to make myself look as best I can while continue the journey. It's also great to receive acknowledgment of a the hard work I have put in so far, and plan to continue putting in. Even if they have not reached their final goal, they have had success, whether you can see it or not.

November 02 2011 at 2:56 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jessiernut's comment
Jim

Unless you are worried about your health, I wouldn't worry about it. Big is beautiful.

November 02 2011 at 4:25 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down
Yanzi

UGG Boots selection Australian lamb pieces of whole leather made a sole, fur, there are special structure. The tactility of surface is exquisite and soft, the shoe model is delicate fine, the inside of the clipping neatly, density length, feels very soft and comfortable evenly on feet, light is very comfortable. The important thing is put on can feel after loading the feeling, relaxed, not quite warm... Is warm and fashion set one of the few days! Accept wholesale!
Welcome to http://www.stylevoila.com/ or http://www.piratebayshoes.com or http://www.timberland-boots.org

November 02 2011 at 1:20 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Fred

They all still look like hippos, including RR.

November 02 2011 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Fred's comment
Jim

A hippo remark comming from a moronic looking bear named Fred? Does't get much more ironic than that. lol

November 02 2011 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eddie

They used to be fat? They both still need to lose another 50 pounds!

November 02 2011 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Eddie's comment
Sue

typical comment from a insensitive male who has fat between his ears.

November 02 2011 at 2:29 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
pslcitizen

It really depends on how you dress. I know lots of bigger girls who look great.

November 02 2011 at 11:42 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pslcitizen's comment
THIS NEW FORMAT

I think that's the whole idea of the makeovers.

November 02 2011 at 7:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
fartartist

Used to be the term Curvy meant a curvy, hourglass figure. Imagine that ! NOW, it mean FAT and it pisses me off.
These woman are still very fat. Maybe they should have waited till they lost another 80 lbs. I dont see much of a difference in before and after at all here. Stupid.

November 02 2011 at 11:35 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to fartartist's comment
THIS NEW FORMAT

Maybe this wil inspire them -- and others to keep going. They never said they were at their goal weight.

November 02 2011 at 7:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
delayorkie

Yes both of these girls look and I am sure feel a whole lot better. But, they should have gotten down to a better weight before everyone was cheering. Both these girls could stand to lose another 30-40 lbs. They are not really fat, but they are over weight. I lost over 50 lbs 3 years ago...and it ain't easy!!! I am glad they have gotten this far, but please don't stop here!!!! Good luck!!!!

November 02 2011 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I like curvy girls. So I think they look gorgeous.

November 02 2011 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply