April 20, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Dr. Phil Talks Kim Kardashian's Divorce and Marriage on 'The Talk' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 2nd 2011 12:30AM
Dr. Phil McGraw, 'The Talk'The collapse of Kim Kardashian's marriage to Kris Humphries after only 72 days has lead to a cornucopia of discussion on the Kardashians, fame, wealth and excess on television. But 'The Talk' (Weekdays, Syndicated on CBS) used the issue to talk about marriage in general with guest Dr. Phil McGraw.

With more than half of them ending in divorce still in this country, there must be something fundamentally wrong in our thinking when we decide we're ready to get married.

"People focus on the wedding and not the marriage," Dr. Phil said. They forget ... when the party's over, we gotta merge two lives together." He then suggested you never marry someone until you've seen them with the flu, which is a silly way of saying make sure you know their worst so you don't marry into some fantasy ideal of the person that doesn't exist every day.

sam dababneh

“Geez, that whole family is nuts. But this cracks me up http://923now.radio.com/2011/11/02/chunky-hearts-kim-kardashian-hey-kim-ill-be-your-rebound/”

November 02 2011 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam dababneh

November 02 2011 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeffno1salesman

Who cares ? Tired of hearing about the Kardashions...or whoever they are...Who are they ??

November 02 2011 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shelleyfahley

Kris was right on the show when he told YOU to grow-up!!! He is no where near at fault of your divorce as you are, if at all. Everything I ever heard him say on your show I agreed with (even though I always had respect for you because I was a fan; however, I have now lost all respect for you now. You were what I thought was a better example for girls then your typical hollywood socialite. It's really not about him being from "yee haw" Minnesoda, even though that's what you want to say to justify yourself. What I tell my son is what matters most in this world is your character. Your character takes you everywhere in life. Money and nice things are just that...NICE...life is about your family, your character and how you treat people. I would suspect that all the arguing that got worse with Kris after your marriage was because he was trying to get through to you because he cared about you and the state of your relationship, not because he was changing his mind on what life with you would be about, or how you would say it, "you knew what you were getting into". Changing last names or not, is a business decision and that's fine, but you take it to a whole another level. Take another trip why don't you!!!!!
Kris was willing to stick in there and dosen't believe in divorce. That sais a lot about him. That's what marriage is about and you have made of mockery out of it. You absolutely humiliated and stabbed someone IN THE BACK who thought enough of you to go along with you with everything so how could you have married for love, love doesn't do that. Your behavior is all about yourself and the kind of love marriage requires is ultimately selfless. You are so stupid, Kris seemed like a absolutely great gift, you just weren't ready for it and will have to learn all your lessons the hard way, and as a result, give up that happy family with the four kids you wanted. Kris was your Ying, he balanced you out, but you just want more of the spotlight, and his down to earth ways will never be good enough for your up and coming movie adventures and socialite status, being honest!! If I were you I would not do this divorce and realize the only mistake you were making was to file in the first place.
Who can trust you now?? I watched the whole fairytale thing....It was so pleasing to see someone (a girl) have their dream wedding. Your sister Kourtney watched Scott make so many mistakes and when she was on the today show a few weeks back, she admitted he was 22 when they met, and they were both bad boys in the beginning....but she grew faster then he was, but in the end she had enough selflessness to have a long standing relationship and committment.....men usually do improve as they get older...and look at him now. I saw them on dancing with the stars last night and they looked like a wonderful little family. As far a Kris hiring a publisist, can't blame him, guys don't think its cool for the woman to be the only pread winner.

November 02 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shelleyfahley

Who can trust you now?? I watched the whole fairytale thing....It was so pleasing to see someone (a girl) have their dream wedding. Your sister Kourtney watched Scott make so many mistakes and when she was on the today show a few weeks back, she admitted he was 22 when they met, and they were both bad boys in the beginning....but she grew faster then he was, but in the end she had enough selflessness to have a long standing relationship and committment..... I saw them on dancing with the stars last night and they looked like a wonderful little family, Scott holding mason in his arms with Courtney along side of him...how nice.. And for Kris hiring a publist, how can you blame him-A woman as only bread-winner isn't cool for a guy.

November 02 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yanzi

UGG boots choose Australian lamb pieces of whole leather artist ,wool soft texture can make your body stress even, a small friction, keep my feet balance, wool fiber clearance can absorb and volatile skin to send out the sweat and grease, help skin metabolism, increase the ability of the skin disease resistance; The softness of the wool is more stable, feeling the effect of nerves. Accept wholesale!Welcome to http://www.stylevoila.com/ or http://www.piratebayshoes.com or http://www.timberland-boots.org

November 02 2011 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hshel0408

Haha Dr. Phil. And I love Sharon and agree with her 100%!!!! It is so sad what people do to earn money today....

November 02 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
colleen reith 1

THIS MARRIAGE WAS A JOKE JUST FOR THE SHOW, WASTING MILLIONS.I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THESE PHONEY BITCHES ARE OFF THE AIR.

November 02 2011 at 10:06 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bbkuzmich

tell me the Dr didn't take the time to comment on the failed marriage of Kim Kardashian???? The fact that it lasted more than a day was a miracle. The fact that it lasted 72 days shows a "real" marriage can last forever when 2 people "really love and are committed"to each other. The show is garbage- the Kardashians are garbage and the marriage was a sham for ratings- guess what Dr Phil? Dive in a garbage dumpster and you smell like garbage

November 02 2011 at 8:55 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply