July 30, 2014

Kate Gosselin's New Job: Coupon Blogger

by Crystal Bell, posted Nov 2nd 2011 5:30PM
kate gosselin new job Kate Gosselin headed back to work. She has to feed her eight somehow, right?

However, she won't, be in front of the camera or donning her old scrubs anytime soon. Gosselin is joining the blogosphere as a featured blogger on CouponCabin.com.

"No matter how much money you have, it's just smart to use coupons," Gosselin told E! Online. "It's like free money in your pocket."

Her first blog post will debut on Nov. 22, and she'll be tackling a very important issue for moms worldwide: Shopping for the holidays. If anyone knows how stressful that can be, it's probably this mom of eight.

It turns out that she's been an avid coupon-clipper from the beginning, even before her eight.

"One week, I remember saving more than half my grocery bill that week with coupons," she told E! Online.

Now, here's the real question: Does this mean that Kate -- and her eight -- will be featured on any upcoming episodes of TLC's hit 'Extreme Couponing?' We can only hope.

Tell us: What do you think of Kate Gosselin's new job?

ElaineH

just found this on the internet, who care's if she has a new job, with all the money she made from her "Jon and Kate +8" and "Kate +8" and being on DWTS . she is just looking for another 15minutes of fame is all.she don't need to be using coupons she can afford the price with out using coupons. why not feature regular people who get new jobs and have a big family. hmmm

November 18 2011 at 8:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marian Wasser

She knowa her children. She could have anticipated that Collin might do something wrong. this was big time wrong! He could have died . However, she may have noticed he was missing after they all plowed into her vehicle. She will forever more be sure they get into the van! shw should hve gotten out of the van in the first place. I always did and I only have two children!

November 14 2011 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marly2029

OMG!!! REALLY/ WHO CARES THIS NATION HAVE MORE ISSUES THAN THIS ORANGE FAKE (GLOW) MULTIPARA
SHE CAN WOEK AND PAID BILLS LIKE ANY OTHER AMERICAN MOM WHY SHE IS SO SPECIAL!! SHE CAN GO BACK TO HER CAREER AS A NURSE MAYBE SHE TAKE BETTER CARE OF HER UGLY KIDS

November 10 2011 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mcnealmegan

Lots of people do coupon blogging as a job and make good money doing it. It sounds to me like people shouldn't be so judgmental. NOBODY has gone thru what she has. Its always easy to look down on someone when you haven't been there. I am not a fan but seriously find something better to do with your time.

November 10 2011 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dorf2005

So what if she remembers "one week of saving more than half her grocery bill with coupons." I save more than that everytime I go grocery shopping but you don't see an article about me online. She needs to get over herself.

November 10 2011 at 11:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vieragam

What the heck is a coupon blogger? That is a job for a mom supporting 8 kids? I don't get it. You need to get a real, well-paying job. Like nursing...pays well, gets her benefits, I think she is on the road to financial disaster.

November 09 2011 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Winnie

Feed her kids? What ever happened to the millions she made for the show? And Jon is sending money for support. And how is she going to use coupons if she is traveling and eating in restaurants most of the time.
Are there copons for spas, beauty saloons, etc. How is coupon blogging a 'job'. With the kids in school, she could get a real job now and quit whining about feeding her kids and looking for sympthaty. Lots of mothers are doing it.

November 09 2011 at 6:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
silver98bird

I just dont understand how this is going to be her "job". I clicked the link and see there are many coupons but I dont get how people can make money from this by having a site with coupon codes or printable coupons.

November 09 2011 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Hats off to Kate for finding a job that keeps her at home to take care of a huge household, AND still bring income into a large family. My question is, does the father provide ANY financial support to those children? No matter what you may say about Kate, no one can argue that she is a hard-working woman who takes her financial responsibilities seriously.

November 09 2011 at 9:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wendie Goode Dox

there is something really sad about those extreme couponers with their "pantries" filled up with crappy food... ( notice the real fresh food is only occasionally featured). I saw some mother take home $200 in "free" sports drinks that would be " great for the kids". Who needs $200 of sports drinks?. They feel rich and safe because they have a cupboard full of crappy food, I guess. It seems sad.

November 08 2011 at 11:56 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply