October 31, 2014

EXCLUSIVE: 'The Office' Covers 'Closing Time' (VIDEO)

by Crystal Bell, posted Nov 3rd 2011 10:45AM
The Office Closing TimeSome days, we really wish Andy Bernard was our boss. OK, more like most days, but then we would probably never get any work done. In fact, does anyone at Dunder Mifflin ever do any work?

Judging from this exclusive clip of tonight's episode of 'The Office,' that looks like a no. But if you had to ask us what we would rather be doing at 5PM on a weeknight -- working or jamming out to Semisonic's 'Closing Time' -- we would definitely choose the latter.

'The Office' is known for their completely random cold opens, but this just might rank as one of our all-time favorites. It could be the 90's nostalgia or Andy's uninhibited desire to have an "end of the day tradition," but there's something about this clip that just makes us want to go home.

Also, who knew Stanley had a grungy side?

In 'Doomsday' (Thurs., Nov. 3, 9PM ET on NBC), Dwight devises a system to find mistakes made by employees in the office, so to improve efficiency, he installs a doomsday device that will get someone fired if they make too many mistakes.

Take a look and tell us what you think: Is this one of your favorite 'Office' cold opens?

jlopez895

So being able to fish or camp and watch TV is a difficult task. Well now that the tailgater is avail from DISH Network this makes this possible. This is so easy to set up and hassle free that I think this is the next best thing. I love to camp and watch TV. The hassle of setting up a dish has never been anything I have enjoyed. The tailgater sets up and within mins you are ready to watch TV. So here I am fishing and my TV set watching the office. This is great and with the HD free for life I get the most HD on my set as well.

November 09 2011 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jlopez895

November 09 2011 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stephen

I wish the opening would of been a bit better. Perhaps it would of been a better idea to have it at the closing of the episode. I LOVE that song and wish it would of been played in a different light. ;-)

November 04 2011 at 3:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank Glidden

Good opening, but the best Office cold opening ever, "Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica" Jim being Dwight, hands
down.

November 03 2011 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Frank Glidden's comment
Aurelene

IDENTITY THEFT IS NOT A JOKE. MILLIONS OF FAMILIES SUFFER EVERY YEAR!

November 03 2011 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply