April 25, 2014

'The X Factor' Top 12 Recap: Who Was Eliminated? (VIDEO)

by Laura Prudom, posted Nov 3rd 2011 9:05PM
The X Factor Judges'The X Factor' just got real.

After weeks of pre-taped auditions and having to abide by the judges' (sometimes questionable) decisions in regards to which acts progressed to the next round, America finally had the chance to weigh in on the top 12 performers.

Since we all know that results shows are 95 percent filler and five percent useful information, let's skip the formalities (except to say that Astro forgot his lyrics and LeRoy Bell was blatantly lip syncing in the opening medley) and get straight to the good stuff.

The first act to be eliminated by America's vote was ...

InTENsity.

We may only be in the first week of live performances, but I already felt that the Frankenstein's monster of a group was long overdue for an exit. As I pointed out in last night's recap, there was no way that America could grow attached to an indistinct mass of children we'd see for about seven minutes each week, especially since many of them had no discernible talent, relying on the chutzpah of two or three leads.

The Stereo Hogzz, on the other hand, had no business being in the bottom two -- if another group gave a weak performance this week, it was undoubtedly Lakoda Rayne and their swaying prom dress rendition of 'Landslide.' Certainly, the four have pretty voices and pretty faces, but in terms of sound, confidence and stage presence, it was no contest. The Stereo Hogzz's second-chance version of 'Emotions' wasn't anywhere close to their best tonight, proving that the group needs more preparation time in order to gel correctly, but it definitely proved more impressive than InTENsity's 'My Life Would Suck Without You.'

Luckily, even though America chooses the bottom two, the judges still get the final say over who goes through (sucks to be Paula), and there was no way they'd pass up a group as polished as The Stereo Hogzz for the untested InTENsity. Nicole, Paula and L.A. opted to eliminate InTENsity, sending them home, while Simon bafflingly voted for Stereo Hogzz to leave the competition. Either he's completely taken leave of his senses since 'X Factor' began, or the judges were colluding during the ad break and Simon just wanted to inject a little more fake drama into the proceedings.

The top 11 acts who will perform next week (in no particular order): Drew, Marcus Canty, LeRoy Bell, Astro, Lakoda Rayne, Rachel Crow, Chris Rene, Josh Krajcik, Melanie Amaro, Stacy Francis and The Stereo Hogzz.

'The X Factor' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on Fox.

Do you think that the groups will continue to be eliminated before the solo artists, or will the audience give the Stereo Hogzz and Lakoda Rayne a second chance after this week?

danrrtx

I'm trying real hard to like this show, but they're making it very difficult. First the judges opt for cuteness, story lines, and target markets instead of lasting singing talent. Then they incessantly blow smoke up our you-know-whats telling us over and over again how good these contestants are. Stop with the lying. Just get over yourselves and start being real with the assessments. You booted off a lot of legitimate talent before America even had a chance to vote. Now live with the results of what you've wrought. I had such high hopes for this show to be a legitimately critical show but thus far it's the exact opposite of what was expected. The renewal of the show may be more torture than entertainment.

November 06 2011 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mariannef2

Astro's an arrogant disrespectful punk ~~needs to go.

November 04 2011 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
misterbreeze1234

Things that make me go hummm. First whhen they sang at the judges houses why didn't we hear what they heard? Like the waterfalls, birds, wind, or anytrhing else in the background. Also at the begining of the show they had the top 12 preform together. Leroy Bell was singing before he even had the mic to his mouth. I thought this was a LIVE SHOW. Whats up with that, kinda fakie to me. Can someone explain?

November 04 2011 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kay Mace

I absolutely hate Astro and that whinny Stacy too...Nicole had another woman that was so much better, and so was the 2 men she sent home. I think each judge made some bad calls in the beginning and now we have to pick on of the ones that are there. LA Reid what was he thinkin?

November 04 2011 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eocl1965

It looks like X-Factor turned into a "ghetto talent show" and it belongs on the BET network. The singing is horrible and all the so-called judges do is tell everyone how good they are. FOX should not have renewed it for another year.

November 04 2011 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

Astro should have been the one to go. The kid has no talent other than a nasty mouth. He's terrible. Get rid of him.

November 04 2011 at 7:12 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Gail

Here is why I like the internet, as instead of wasting hours watching tv and listening and looking at the lame judges, I git the results in about 35 seconds. Will check back here next week to see who was next to go, as it sure does beat watching this terrible and not well put together show.

November 04 2011 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dog Pound Sound

They are burnt toast...

November 04 2011 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yllwhndnyc

Astro gives us a bunch of rapid fire incomprehensible angry words. In what musical sense is that pleasant to hear? If I need my blood pressure to go up I can watch some mixed martial arts.
Some people can't see Drew's talent as clearly as others. Firstly, she can sing in the simplest way that still conveys a sweet melodic innocence. No, she's not a church singer - she's more of a nightingale as opposed to a rooster. Secondly, her voice has a well timed "break" in it - not a crack. Big difference.
LeRoy is good - but Josh has more connection to the songs sung thusfar.
tThe ever-tearful Stacey is an old pro who has sung with many top acts - but Melanie has the fresh persona and super pipes to out-belt any of them. But is that even enough?

November 04 2011 at 5:41 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jranda

I don't care for all the accolades being passed around. The judges are all so busy patting each other on the back or taking scripted swipes at each other that I really don't see why they bother to bill this as a contest. They had me questioning whether I was really hearing all those awful clunkers and squeaks I was certain were coming out of the contestants. Simon used to give contestants hell for forgetting their lyrics or being off key, but now? Geez. He thinks everyone is brilliant. Couldn't be because he has so much as stake, you think? I agree with Eddie's predictions. But frankly, I think some of the best talent went by the wayside. I'm rapidly losing interest in the X-Factor.

November 04 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jranda's comment
danrrtx

You nailed it jranda. This show is dramatically different than expected. Who kidnapped Simon Cowell, and who is this impostor on the show? Most of us expected some refined, realistic criticism on the show but instead we have a panel of tone-deaf, brainless parrots for judges. They all seem overly concerned with who they think can make it big with America, regardless of whether they have a smidgen of talent or NOT! Just bizarre. Right now the show comes across as such a cruel lie. Despite having a couple of true talents remaining, I'm not sure how much more of this I'll be able to stand watching.

November 06 2011 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply