July 30, 2014

David Simon Wants 'Treme' To End After Season 4: Report

by Alex Moaba, posted Nov 4th 2011 4:15PM
Well here's a treasure trove of news for 'Treme' fans. NOLA.com reported Monday that Season 3 of HBO's post-Katrina New Orleans drama has started filming, is adding two two new characters to the cast, and perhaps most notably, that series creator David Simon has told HBO he's written the show to go through Season 4.

According to the report, Simon recently sent HBO a memo saying that he and his writing team have plotted out the stories they want to tell, and how long it will take them to get there. The report speculates that four seasons may not be enough time to tell the stories of the Saints 2009 Super Bowl win as well as the BP Oil Spill, but with Simon & co., anything is possible.

Details are also emerging about what Season 3 will focus on. 'True Blood' and 'Justified' veteran Chris Coy has been cast to play a journalist based on A.C. Thompson, who reported extensively on the abuses of the New Orleans police department for a PBS Frontline special that aired in 2010. Maybe the character will work with David Morse's Terry Colson character, who's investigating the homicide unit from the inside.

Sam Robards, who's appeared in 'Gossip Girl' and 'The West Wing,' will join 'Treme' as a restaurant investor. Maybe he'll help Janette Desautel (Kim Dickens) open her new restaurant in New Orleans.

Joshroxx

They just scratched the surface of living in New Orleans poverty crime having good times with no money . Around great poor people having great times and dealing with greedy uneducated hood rats / educated local business/ politicians government. Figures a Baltimore writer can not expose Nola for all its enticing ways of life who have fun when together rich or poor. Like no dynamic have seen hatred in principle but make lemons into lynch burg lemonade together.

November 06 2011 at 1:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
T REXX

both of you are frauds be gone

November 05 2011 at 8:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RICH

I only watched season 1 and loved it. Had to cancel HBO so I missed the rest. Really well written and acted.

November 05 2011 at 7:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deal Project

shame it is to be canceled. only been watching the series myself the past couple of seasons. it really is a good show and much better than i thought it would be. give it a look in repeats. won't regret it.

November 05 2011 at 7:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brawnydoc

I live in New Orleans near the actual Treme' and have never seen the show

November 05 2011 at 6:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kjonesman

I'm a Treme newcomer --- just started watching last season; I think it's great. As someone else said, the music alone is reason enough to watch. I enjoyed watching real N. O. citizens that were featured on Spike Lee's first post-Katrina special, being featured on the show --- i.e. Phyllis Montana LeBlanc and others. I think it's also cool to see real jazz musicians sneak in and out of various club scenes -- i.e. Terrence Blanchard, Ron Carter, etc. Those Brass Bands that seem to be featured in every episode are off the hook; if you're either a blues or jazz conoisseur, you gotta love the show ....

November 05 2011 at 1:03 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Guillermo

You comments are pretty harsh. I look forward to the weekly episodes. The tumoil suffered after Katrina is believable. As I have been a Jazz affecionado since 1962, the music keeps me coming back!! I especially like the funeral scenes, as the music is so heart felt. To all of you that do not like this series, simply, don't watch it.

November 04 2011 at 11:51 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
estimatorone

HBO has produced many great programs. However, in the case of
Treme, I, personaly have not been impressed, In fact, after watching
a few episodes in the first season, I never watched it again. Not
every production is a winner. Again, just my opinion.

November 04 2011 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tac

i have watched it since the beginning. i fell prey to the critic hype.
yes, it is very accurate in it's portrayal of the months post katrina. (have dear friends in NOLA) but, it is boring and insufferable. even with an amazing cast. not enough character development. too many storylines.
i have been waiting for them to all come together at some point.
music is interesting and loads of talent.

November 04 2011 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EXHAULTED RULER

Mercifully that idiotic show will be gone

November 04 2011 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply