October 31, 2014

Holly Robinson Peete Speaks Out About Her 'Talk' Departure

by Crystal Bell, posted Nov 4th 2011 5:00PM
holly robinson peete the talkFans of the CBS daytime show 'The Talk' were shocked after the network decided not to renew the contracts of original co-hosts Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini for Season 2. Now Peete is finally coming clean about what happened behind-the-scenes.

Rumors of her and Remini's departure started to circulate in late August, but nothing was officially confirmed until September. And it turns out that Peete was just as confused as the fans. The actress claims that she was kept in the dark for months, while rumors of other actresses taking her place started to fly. In fact, Peete reveals that she was never given a proper explanation as to why she was fired.

"Usually when you get fired, your boss brings you in, sits you down and tells you why they can't keep you," Peete told The Hollywood Reporter. "They say we have to downsize or you're not doing this, you're not doing that. I was never given that opportunity."

Comedian Sheryl Underwood has since filled her seat at the table and recently it was announced that actress Aisha Tyler will be joining the cast as a permanent co-host, but Peete insists that there's no bad blood between her an the other ladies at the table. But she does believe that the new additions will take the show away from its original concept -- and its "mommy bloggers" concept.

"I feel bad for [Sara], because I think about her original concept for the show. I don't know where that is now," she says. "I mean the two ladies they brought on are fantastic and great TV personalities, but they're not moms. So, I guess they abandoned the whole mom brand. That was Sara's initial concept. I haven't really spoken to her much since, so I don't know what she thinks about that concept being dismantled."

However, Peete isn't letting one little setback get her down. After her departure from 'The Talk,' she quickly snagged a multiple-episode arc on the CBS hit comedy 'Mike & Molly.' Peete's first appearance on the sitcom is slated for Mon., Nov. 7, at 9:30PM ET.

Ruth Robinson

I AM NOT A GREAT FAN NOW BECAUSE THE CONCEPT OF THE SHOW HAS CHANGED. IT'S LIKE ALL THE TALK SHOWS, BEFORE IT WAS A TALK THAT ALL COULD RELATE, IT WAS THINGS RELATING TO THINGS GOING ON IN EVERY DAY LIFE WITH MOMS ,DADS ,CHILDREN, FRIENDS, PEOPLE NEXT THE MILKMAN AND ETC. IT WAS VERY PEOPLE FRIENDLY. YES I STILL WATCH NOT AS MUCH.

December 12 2011 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sheila Marcum

I love "THE TALK" but it isn't the same show without Leah and Holly! They really made the show and I am saddened to see them gone.

November 22 2011 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmommiesbabies

The new hosts are annoying... What happened? Why did you try to fix something that wasn't broken. I think this change will defiantly hurt the ratings, I know I've lost interest. Humm makes you wonder which current host complained about Leah and Holly, sounds fishy to me. The table is now very imbalanced... Have fun I won't be watching.

November 15 2011 at 1:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sally

I missed the show while on vacation - thought the new people were
just filling in - WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT - Leah & Holly won't be
back & neither will I -- CBS needs to replace who ever makes these
decisions.

November 09 2011 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sharonangel59

I will not watch it any more i loved Leah & Holly i loved the concept of a real show about mothers and what they go through Big Mistake CBS why do they always get rid or change shows that work and people watch ?????

November 08 2011 at 8:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DEBBIE

Reall disappointed Leah & Holly are gone from the show. What a big mistake! Get us interested and then take out the ladies we love...all together!

November 07 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kchris1962

When season two rolled around, only to find Leah and Holly were no longer going to be co-hosts, I was sorely disappointed. I thought the chemistry between all five ladies was great and I truely enjoyed the show. Now, I could care less. I won't be watching the show anymore. Leah and Holly were two of the best ladies. Shame on you for firing the two best ladies. I doult if you will ever see season 3. I won't wish you luck, I want the show to be cancelled.

November 07 2011 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thomgrisso

Seems that the aim of the show was too be a bit more than Jersey shore appeal. So you weed out the "earthy". It is doubtful that the veiwers that were lost are a concern to the producers . Look for Osborne to hit the road one way or another.
At least there is some talk in the talk show and several in the group can't say that the trash talk shows like Jerry,Maury and Wendy are in a whole other catagory more akin to Pro Wrestling than talk shows

November 07 2011 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jphi1963

Aisha Tyler doesn't give anyone a chance to even comment, she hogs the whole conversation, she reminds me of Cliff on Cheers....claiming to know all and really knowing nothing at all....so disappointed in the show ~

November 07 2011 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
menardkeke43

i dont want to here woman run there freaking mouth any way. That show should have never been placed on TV.

November 07 2011 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply