September 23, 2014

Lucy Lawless Was NOT Arrested at Occupy Oakland

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 4th 2011 3:30PM
Lucy LawlessFear not loyal Xenites, Lucy Lawless was not arrested at the Occupy Oakland demonstrations.

Rumors hit the web that Lawless, who can next be seen in Starz's 'Spartacus: Vengeance,' had been arrested following a boot-throwing incident at the Occupy Oakland earlier this week. Twitter and Tumblr users quickly spread word that on Nov. 2 that Lawless had been apprehended after hurling a boot at a police officer. Those tweets and blog posts got shared, and thus an Internet rumor was born.

According to Lawless's representatives, the 'Xena: Warrior Princes' star has been in Los Angeles with her family, not throwing footwear on the streets of Oakland. And let's be honest, we all know she would've been throwing the Chakram, not a boot.

Somebody please tell Renee O'Connor she no longer has to mount a jailbreak.

'Spartacus: Vengeance' returns Fri., Jan. 27 at 10PM ET on Starz

Mariana Siegmann

I knew it's a joke.

November 10 2011 at 9:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DavidKashfi

I am content that Lucy was not really arrested and I hope she continues to have a great life.

November 06 2011 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Luna

I grew up loving that show. ah.... the good old days.... wish it was still shown... and yeah... in the show every single time she ended up in prison she got saved...hehehe..... so.... this was a nifty little entertaining story. she is one of the few who I don't really here about getting into trouble... hehehe... internet rumors... about as nasty as regular rumors... just lots more ppl can see them.

November 04 2011 at 10:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Luna's comment
Luna

oh yes... and... I agree. she would have thrown something that made much more sense... such as a chakram.

November 04 2011 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jankantius

I would be pleased to see another public figure throw themselves in on the right side. This seems to be becoming a world wide movement... which it should be. We may not need a guillotine... but we do need to strip them of their power. It's only a boy's club after all.

November 04 2011 at 8:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jankantius

Some people age better than others, and her face certainly suggests character. I don't know if she was there or not, but in my heart I hope she is the kind of person that would be there.

November 04 2011 at 7:56 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
cpenrod

Chicago '68, Kent State '70, Occupy protests today. Attitudes the same. Even some faces are the same. Hopefully, today's police will disregard political correctness and start doing what really needs to be done, particularly in Oakland. Remember officers, you don't get paid to make your wives widows and your kids to grow up without daddies.

November 04 2011 at 7:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
colfla

Just like the national media. Print RUMOR over FACT since the factsare so boring.

November 04 2011 at 7:35 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
lp2rao

XENA ROCKS! She could throw any thing at me :)

November 04 2011 at 7:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jemteku

I never watched Xena, but she was spectacular in Spartacus.

November 04 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
Jesus

How could she be with you when she was with me! Anyways, I give respect for actors and actresses who are not afraid to get arrested for what they believe in. Too many famous people only talk when the cameras are in front but hide in front of the TV when it's time to act. Charlton Heston marched side by side with Martin Luther King and risked being blacklisted by Hollywood for standing up to civil rights.

November 04 2011 at 5:18 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply