April 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Alan Thinks He's Charlie Harper and 'Winning' on 'Two and a Half Men' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 8th 2011 2:30AM
'Two and a Half Men' - 'Thank You for the Intercourse'It was all about Charlie Harper on this week's 'Two and a Half Men' (Mon., 9PM ET on CBS). Alan reminisced about Charlie's jingles -- all of which Walden appears to know by heart -- while lamenting the loss of his piano.

But then, in a stroke of mad genius he introduced himself as Charlie Harper to the hot young woman who chased her dog onto his porch. What followed was a night Charlie would have been proud of. And then Alan lost it.

He latched onto the idea that he was Charlie to the point that he apparently had a complete break with reality, even forgetting who Walden was.

But the funniest moment, and Chuck Lorre's little dig at Charlie Sheen no doubt, was when Alan was committed in an institution. While thinking he was at a fancy hotel, Alan leaned back and spouted Sheen's catchphrase: "Winning!"

gman

This episode left us believing that Jake had sex and we are going to find out (supposedly) that Jake is going to be a father in this upcoming episode. I want to see Allan stay in the crazy bin for a while but they’re apparently going to wrap it up. I didn’t care for the nostalgia bit but it was a touching apology of sorts to Charlie Sheen. “Winning!” Honestly I wouldn’t even have time to watch TV if I didn’t get a free DISH Network Sling adapter that gives me live or recorded TV from my employee DVR anywhere I go. Now with my iPhone and Galaxy Tab I watch when I have spare time and still spend quality time with my family when I get home.

November 14 2011 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
qzip99

Person of interest is a wonderful show. Both leads do a great job and the stories are very well written around the premise. Each character is developing nicely. I disagree with your critique.

November 09 2011 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Welcome

I like the idea of Charlie's death being a dream. Hate the new guy; show is going no where. I I was looking forward to Allens wife cracking up and Allen and Charlie having to raise the baby.

November 09 2011 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
msfishhook44

I have been a fan of 2 1/2 men since the very first show.
Watch it religiously and charlie Harper was a great character on the show.
Unlike some of the comments here I thought the synergy between Charlie and Alan was comic genius.
throw in Jake - Berta and Rose and you have a great sit com!!
I gave Ashton the new guy a chance but I am continually waiting for something to happen. I won't watch it any more even though I thought the "winning" show from last week was good. Its pathetic now and the show should rest in peace. I will watch the old reruns however.

November 09 2011 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lea

Tv Shows - Watch Online Free

November 09 2011 at 8:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tommy D

The pissing contest between Charlie Sheen and Chuck Lorre resulted in both parties loosing, but its the fans who really lost out , Jon Cryer couldn't act as a kid and it followed him into adulthood,Angus is funnier than him, as for Ashton maybe the powers to be will figure out what to do with him, he could always punk out Chuck Lorre

November 09 2011 at 2:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katherine

Ashton Kutcher's comedy acting is always the same character. That is his actual acting talent, it's the same for every role he plays 'dumbing down' the character. I wish he wouldn't over-ACT so much and allow the moment to do him instead. I wish he would really understand acting. The show could be so good, if he only truly understood how to use intention!!!

November 08 2011 at 11:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cbigdaddy55

It's Chuck Lorre's ball. If he wants to act like a 5th grader and show Charlie Sheen who's the boss we can't stop him but I wonder what the sponsors will think of a man who can't keep control when he has the number 1 show on TV. Doesn't say much for his management style or his people skills. Hollywood. Petulant children. Reminds me of Dizzy City.

November 08 2011 at 11:19 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
M_WBML

This was the first funny segment of the "new" show - go figure - having to call up the ghost of Charlie. That new guy on the show is terrible.

November 08 2011 at 8:10 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to M_WBML's comment
janetfn

I think it is very clear that Lorre and the writers have not really thought out the future of the program. They have done a really bad job of creating the Kutcher character. He makes no sense. He is mourning the loss of his beloved wife while pursuing hot babes. What the program has now is two losers.....Alan and Walden.

I am very disappointed. But I don't think it is Kutcher's fault.....writers have no clue what to do with the storyline. Having Walden shrugging and mugging will never hold the show together. The demographics they want needs a sexy, handsome, GROOMED, focused man. Someone to lust over. Right now, Walden is a raggedy, high school twit. Not worthy of a fantasy.

November 08 2011 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Inshallah

It was funny because they brought Charlie back. I got it. They NEEDED an injection of "Charlie".

November 09 2011 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
qzephyr

If this is still CBS's number 1 comedy, that doesn't say much for the others.

November 08 2011 at 8:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply