August 20, 2014

'Live!' Lines Up Regis Philbin's Final Guests, Including Kathie Lee Gifford

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 8th 2011 5:35PM
Regis PhilbinThe stars are lining up to say goodbye to Regis Philbin.

The 80-year-old entertainer is leaving 'Live! With Regis and Kelly' on Fri., Nov. 18, but not before some old friends -- including former 'Live!' co-host Kathie Lee Gifford -- return to pay tribute to the talk show host.

Gifford will appear on Thurs., Nov. 17, Philbin's second-to-last show. Additional guests include: Don Rickles (Nov. 14), Jimmy Fallon (Nov. 14), Donald Trump (Nov. 15) and David Letterman (Nov. 16).

Singers Tony Bennett, Bret Michaels and Josh Groban will also stop by for special musical performances.

On Nov. 18, Philbin's last day, the host will look back on his time with the show and share his final thoughts as he moves to new adventures. Expect tons of surprises for both Philbin and the audience.

Philbin is leaving 'Live!' after 28 years with the show. However, he's not retiring.

"I'm not calling it quits, you understand," he told radio show Mojo in the Morning. "I'm moving on. I'm not retiring. I'm not quitting. I'm moving on."

So far he hasn't announced any plans, but he was spotted filming some sort of realty pilot.

Over the last few weeks, 'Live!' has been bringing out surprise guests and airing special clip shows featuring some of Philbin's signature moments.

No replacement for Philbin has been named, but Jerry Seinfeld will fill his seat temporarily beginning Nov. 21.

Tell us: Are you excited for Kathie Lee to reunite with Regis?

setilecompany

OHHHHH REGIS.......DONT LEAVE THE SHOW.......WELLL MAYBE KELLY SHOULD B THE ONE LEAVING.....I HATE THE WAY KELLY MAKES FACES AND EYES WHEN REGIS MAKES A MISTAKE...SHE SHOWS NOOO REPECT......REGIS WAS THE WHOLE SHOW AND EVERYONE LOVES HIM.....KELLLY WILL NOT MAKE IT ON THE SHOW AND IT WONT MATTER WHO THEY GET TO FILL THE SPOT ....BECAUSE NOOOOOO ONE ....NOOOOOOOO ONE COULD EVER FILL THE SPOT OF REGIS......THEY SHOULD JUST END THE SHOW NOW...THEN TO BE HUMILATED BY THE RATINGS AFTER REGIS LEAVES........WE MISSSS YOU REGIS BUT HOPING TO SEE YOU ON SOMETHING NEW AND EXCITING...I DONT BLAME YOU FOR GETTING AWAY FROM KELLLY....UGHHHHH......MISSYA REGIS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

November 11 2011 at 6:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanie Jaye

Regis and Jerry Springer are two of my favorite people. I really like them. I will miss Regis, but I know that sometimes stepping out and moving on is the best thing to do. He must to do that regardless of how we feel, because even though we miss him, he is the one have to know what is best for him.

November 09 2011 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GWEN

I will certainly miss Regis. I didn't watch the show much until Kelly Rippa joined him. His show was always great, but I didn't watch morning TV much years ago. Can anyone really "replace him???

November 09 2011 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sjpxmas

phony

November 09 2011 at 8:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sjpxmas

phoney,, just another con artist

November 09 2011 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HIGH WOLFIE

Gotta Love Regis - hes an icon of american entertainment going back to the 50s like don rickles - they should do a live show together reminiscing about the good ol' days of vegas n hollywood - great history n regis dont do an andy rooney - GODBLESS REGIS PHILBIN

November 09 2011 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LIN

Excited to see who will replace him. Kelly needs a young...compared to Regis...replacememt, someone in their 40-60 yo range. As for KLG................ugh....................she is so phony. She preaches a lot but also drinks down the alcohol every morning on that last hour of horrid Today show. Only watch on occasion b/c I used to like Hoda but don't know why she puts up with KLG being so rude anf making fun of her all the time. Hoda used to be a great news person until they put her with KL loser. GO KELLY.....insist on someone youngful and fun to co host with you.

November 09 2011 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cc201

Great man! Going to miss him :(

November 09 2011 at 7:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pug1fan

I agree !! Jerry ? Jeff Gordon needs to retire from Nascar and LIVE needs to hire him.

November 09 2011 at 7:39 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply