October 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Dancing With the Stars' Week 8 Elimination (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 9th 2011 12:30AM
'Dancing With the Stars' Week 8 EliminationThis week was the Final Five's last chance to impress the judges before next week's semifinals round on 'Dancing With the Stars' (Tue., 9PM ET on ABC). But with America helping to steer the decisions, only J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff likely had a restful night's sleep after the season's first double perfect scores.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus again scored the lowest overall total from the judges, just as they had last week. But whereas last week the gap between Grace and David Arquette was only three points, this week there were seven points separating her from the next lowest scorers, Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke.

It was narrowed down to these two couples but, in the end, fan support couldn't overcome the huge deficit and Grace was eliminated. That leaves four dancers who've really come into their own -- some expected and some a bit of a surprise -- set to face off in the semi-finals. Kardashian, Ricki Lake and Hope Solo are going to have their work cut out for them, though, as Martinez is building in momentum and judge support.

Rober

ballroom dancing nice your post http://www.ballroomdance.org/

November 14 2011 at 6:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pitterpiull

www.ballroomdance.org

November 14 2011 at 6:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pitterpiull

November 14 2011 at 6:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pitterpiull

http://www.ballroomdance.org about your interest i like.

November 14 2011 at 6:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bill kendall

My god I have been waiting since this circus started with grace . The only reason she srayed as long as she did was rateings and she has her own show hypeing her for votes . Bye Bye .

November 09 2011 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Auntie's Mail

DWTS is about entertainment and I was entertained! You're right ~ Nancy Grace wasn't the most talented dancer. But she still got on that Ballroom dance floor and gave it her best for the Center for Missing and Exploited Children. You go Nancy! And I do truly enjoy JR Martinez ~ he inspires me and makes he happy. Thank you Nancy and JR (:

November 09 2011 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judie

I would be extremely saddened if J. R. Martinez isn't in the finals. He is the only dancer I have supported throughout the entire show. He just makes me feel 'so American and Patriotic' to have him up there. He will always be My Winner!

November 09 2011 at 3:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Vera Hays

I agree LtleManx, why so much criticism ? Nancy Grace is wonderful at her own show, doesn't mean she has to be the best dancer. At least she tried. If you dont like what you see, turn the channel. I DID.
I got sick of looking at "CHASITY" Bono so I quit watching the show. I would love to see JR Martinez win, he is fantastic !! He has the most beautiful smile & with so much dignity.
GOD BLESS HIM for all he went thru in the war. GOOOOOOOO JR !!!

November 09 2011 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LtleManx

Ricki Lake is heavy too, but I think her dancing is awesome!
Why do so many have to be smartasses about weight?
At least THEY have the guts to get out there and dance!!!
Bravo to all of them!
I will say this though, Nancy's dancing was bad...but it had nothing to do with her weight.
Grow up to most of you!