October 21, 2014

Howard Stern in Talks to Join 'America's Got Talent': Report

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 10th 2011 5:20PM
Howard SternHoward Stern is reportedly in talks with NBC to join 'America's Got Talent.' He'd be filling the judge seat Piers Morgan recently vacated.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Stern could earn $15 million if he joins the show opposite Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne.

WSJ reports the show could move venues from Los Angeles to New York to accommodate Stern. That would cost an additional $10 million for the production.

Morgan left the summer reality competition series to focus on 'Piers Morgan Tonight.'

"I'm leaving America's Got Talent after 6 wonderful years. Turned out that juggling's harder than it looks, so I'm going to focus on CNN," he tweeted.

Tell us: Do you think Howard Stern would be a good fit for 'America's Got Talent'?

Check out a clip of Sharon Osbourne sharing her feelings about Morgan's 'America's Got Talent' departure:

mdrysmark

I think Howard Stern will be fantastic on "America's Got Talent"

November 13 2011 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Smith

cannot beleive this would even be discussed behind closed doors. Stearn is the bottom of the pit. If he is banned from radio, why would they even consider putting him on the show?

November 11 2011 at 11:10 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Bill

I want to know the real reason Morgan is leaving this easy money job. Why would he want to stay on CNN and do a boring show nobody watches? What about the wiretapping controversy with Piers? Maybe Howie didn't like being 2nd in command to Piers anymore? Who knows what ges on behind the scenes? Comcast now owns NBC, maybe they alrady own a piece of Stern. Maybe Simon Cowell is best buds with Howard? Many unanswered questions.

November 11 2011 at 11:08 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ridgefieldguy

I also well never watch this show again. This guy is a pervert. What well he be thing when young girls and woman are on this show??? Don't even want to go there. Any one that has seen his show knows what I am taking about. There are so many other people that have a great knowledge of the entertainment business...Why Howard??? Is NBC crazy. This would be a show breaker for me. This is where I would have to draw the line..

November 11 2011 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
godabarb

that will certainly make it easier to avoid the show

November 11 2011 at 10:52 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mcd1946

No Way Bad idea ,

November 11 2011 at 10:51 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dan st. clair

My wife and I watch the program every time it is on. We will not watch it if the vulgar talking Stern is hired,,

November 11 2011 at 10:49 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
EssPee

Howard Stern?????????????? Not gonna watch that show. Are they desperate for judges??? I hear Paula Abdul may quit X Factor because she is getting too emotional about her groups losing. Really.. wow

November 11 2011 at 10:45 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to EssPee's comment
Bill

LoL.. 2 of her groups were not good, vocally. The thrown together group of girls, Dakota Rain, are terrible. Really pitchy, no cohesivness. The judges saved them for the eye candy appeal. That bunch of kids they put together, same deal. But Simon will probably get the lions share of money for any appearances, music these 2 "groups" perform/record, etc., as he created them. The guys they canned last night were actually really good, imo. They had tight harmonies, awesome lead vocalist, and tight correography.

November 11 2011 at 10:57 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Bill

They tried to sneak Stern onto AI and the fans reacted strongly, saying "NO"! So instead they bring in Steven Tyler, almost equally as filthy a mouth. They are looking for contoversy on these shows, to spice them up. But then AGT is no Sunday School show. I mean if you have your "whole family" watch this "wholesome" show, umm... then there is a really skewed moral compass in your household. I don't want Stern on there either, but I can see why the producers would.

November 11 2011 at 10:45 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply