July 25, 2014

Showtime Renews 'Weeds' for Season 8

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 10th 2011 8:30PM
ShowtimeShowtime is giving viewers another hit of 'Weeds.' Season 8 of the acclaimed series will debut in 2012.

The network has ordered 13 episodes of the dark comedy.

Season 7 jumped three years into the future to find Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) finishing up her prison sentence. The Botwin family reunited in New York where Nancy rejoined the drug trade. The season ended with a cliffhanger.

The family, residing in Connecticut, had their happiness shattered by a gunman and a fateful bullet. Watch the clip below.

About half a million people watched the Season 7 finale when it original aired Mon., Sept. 26. The season started with 1.2 million viewers.

KIM

Yay!!!!!

November 13 2011 at 8:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mstiblue

'Weeds' is also shown on the TV Guide channel... it just started over, again, with season 1.

November 13 2011 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
delinsk

I loved "Weeds" too, but this last season, IMO, was pretty awful. It was painful to watch. Getting rid of Celia was a great move (like the actress, but the character was getting increasingly annoying, and had nothing to do)...I can only hope, if they must return for an 8th season, they write Kevin Nealons' character out as well...bad move to bring this back...though I will watch....a shame, because I thought season 6, despite some missed notes, was really good, with a terrific finale...season 7, just way too many silly stories going on, the great characters get lost in all the chaos...it really was a chore to keep watching. But, I love Mary Louise Parker, so I will stick with it.

November 13 2011 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CIn

That last episode felt a lot like the old "Weeds" that made the show such a huge hit. Hopefully this will be the last season. This was my fav show, but they've lost a lot of their humor and they made it hard to like Nancy.

November 13 2011 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bigang22274

this show had jumped the shark but by god please bring back celia

November 13 2011 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SgtJoeFriday

Showtime has the best shows. "Weeds", "Dexter", "Califonication", "Penn & Teller: B.S.", etc. Since I've missed the first 3 seasons, I'll catch up on DVD.

November 13 2011 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gkrorp52

Great show. I haven't missed an episode yet. Thanks for coming back. Way too long between seasons though.

November 13 2011 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anitafitz

Love Weeds...cast is great! thanks for the renewal!

November 13 2011 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phyllis Frost

Weeds renewd!!! Same ole same ole Drugs and death American fare

November 13 2011 at 4:35 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
findway

interesting post ,thanks for your sharing .welcome to www.weddingdressonlineshop.com.au.

November 11 2011 at 4:21 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply