July 28, 2014

'All My Children' Online Debut Delayed: Report

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 11th 2011 10:25AM
All My Children Debut DelayedThe online debut of 'All My Children' has been put on hold, according to several published reports.

The canceled ABC soap was scheduled to move to its new web home, The Online Network, this January with sister show 'One Life to Live.'

According to Variety, sources close to the situation indicate 'One Life to Live' is still on track to move online following its January finale on ABC. Several cast members, including key players Erika Slezak and Kassie DePaiva, have signed to stick with 'One Life to Live.'

'All My Children' ended its ABC run on Sept. 23 after more than 40 years on the network. So far Lindsay Hartley and Cameron Mathison are the only confirmed cast members for 'All My Children.' Susan Lucci reportedly has turned down her offer from new production company Prospect Park. She can next be seen on 'Army Wives.'

ABC Soaps In Depth reports Prospect Park's negotiations with other actors have come to a halt. Additionally, Prospect Park has seen some trouble finding the money to finance the two soaps. Attempting to take two shows from TV to web, while retaining the same production values, is an enormous task.

A request for comment from Prospect Park was not immediately answered.

No premiere date for 'One Life to Live' has been set.

Tell us: Do you want 'All My Children' to eventually come online?

linda.roop

Linda Roop
Could you please bring All My Children back. All My Children & The Bachelor are the only shows I would watch. Now I only have the Bachelor. It would be nice if they could bring it back even if it was like Dallas, once a week. If you can't put it on T.V. then at least put it on line.

January 24 2012 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deborah Bevelle

I was at lease looking forward to seeing All My Children and One Life To Live online. Now another disappointment why don't you all just tell the truth. Why get our hopes up just to let us down again. Jessie, Angie, Annie went over to the young and Restless. J.R. is back on the Bold and Beautiful. Ryan on Desperate House Wives. Four Characters from One Life To Live going over to General Hospital. This is not right the Cast left because they need to work it is to bad these shows were taken off. Television is not the same I don't watch the cook or talk shows I don't look at channel 7 until General Hospital.

January 23 2012 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jody Falconer O'Rour

Yes please bring it back! Have watched since I was in grade one! Would come home from school and watch at lunch with my mom. I am now 40 years old! feel lost without it! can't end a series and leave it hangning like that! Such a successful and long-running soap, has a network ever considered bringing it back in a prime-time format one night a week? Dallas is coming back. come one! ABC made a huge mistake!

January 13 2012 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
watevermayan

I want AMC back!! i loved that show and ONe Life To Live!! That was the one show that i could say was my favorite show!! I would rather it be on tv then online but if online is the only way then ill deal with it but they need to hurry up and get the show on the road! I want my show back! And Im very disappointed....

January 11 2012 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adele

They need to come back on and at least have a better ending either everyone dead from some freak accident or some happy ending.But to end it like they did was wrong.I watched this all my life since I was little I was hooked on all soaps at one time then I realized that I had to cut down to one, and made all my children the one I would watch.I got rid of one life to live and general hospital cause my whole day was spent watching soaps.I wanted to watch all my children cause it was the first show I started with.I hate they got rid of it,but I say to the writer very good writing except for the ending.I know the writer knew and I think they were wrong with giving us a ending with no ending leaving us fans up in the air about what was going to happen.Please bring it back and if it has to be ended at least end it with a ending that you know it's over with just like a movie do they don't leave you hanging unless they are making a sequel.Ever since they put it off I've been watching the old AMC on soap net I was hoping they would go back to the very beginning but they didn't so I'm watching it anyway to see if I missed out on anything.I wished they would have started it from the beginning though cause I was born in 1969 so I never seen it from the beginning and cause I went to school and we didn't have a recorder not to mention they didn't make it way back when.I hope they do that or leave us buy the years of taping that was done.

January 08 2012 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

What a huge mistake. I need to find another "soap" that's not being drummed out of town.

January 04 2012 at 4:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

Yes, I'll take it any way I can get it.

January 04 2012 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

I'll take it any way I can get it.

January 04 2012 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nbdrwd

yes, I would love AMC to go on-line! What is wrong with the cast in not signing up for it like the cast of OLTL? sounds like that cast will succeed in keeping it on-line a planned. very disappointed in AMC cast.

January 01 2012 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Riki Wilson

That is going to suck soooo much if AMC doesn't come back. I grew up watching it with my grandmother. My mother and I have watched the last couple years together since her retirement and she has become as much of a fan as I have been. We will both be so extremely disappointed if it doesn't come back. Especially since we were told it was going to go on. So now what? We never get to find out who JR shot? HA! Just realized the irony in that. Years and years ago it was "Who shot JR?" on Dallas, and now it is "Who did JR shoot?" But anyway, AMC NEEDS to come back!!! LIKE NOW!!!!

December 31 2011 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply