September 1, 2014

'Pan Am' Cast Previews Sunday's Action-Packed Episode

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 11th 2011 1:30PM
Take four very spirited stewardesses, two manly pilots, a hostile war zone and tropical storm conditions and mix them together. What do you get? 'Unscheduled Departure,' an action-packed episode of 'Pan Am' (Sun., Nov. 13, 10PM ET on ABC).

"This is actually my favorite episode," Margot Robbie told AOL TV on the New York set of the ABC drama. "I think it's my favorite episode so far. Berlin, I really, really love, but this one I literally couldn't put the script down, and I'm not just saying that."

Unscheduled Departures Pan Am Preview

In 'Unscheduled Departures,' the crew encounters serious turbulence -- both inside and outside the plane -- on the way to Caracas, Venezuela. A passenger suffers a heart attack and it turns out there's no doctor on board the flight. Ted (Michael Mosley) and Colette (Karine Vanasse) venture out on their own to find help.

"It was one of my favorites too," Mosley said. "There's just an adrenaline to it that's just really exciting. In prior episodes, there'd be two or three of us here and there, going off to do different things. In this one, we're all facing the same direction."

While searching for a doctor and medicine, Colette gets to use her native language.

"We take off, we're not supposed to go to Haiti, but finally because of a hurricane and because of somebody being sick on the plane, we have to land," Vanasse said. "Once we land, we sort of see that, well, we didn't chose the right place to land."

Along with the drama off the plane, the ladies have to deal with guest star Aaron Diaz. In the episode, the multi-talented Mexican star plays Miguel, a charming and wealthy passenger who has charmed the stewardesses with promises of yacht trips.

"It's like an action movie in one episode," Robbie said. "It's incredible ... The stakes are so high, it's gripping."

Check out an exclusive preview of the episode below.

agabrielsky5

I tried watching this show a few times, but just couldn't get through it!

For all you movie buffs this is hands down the best place to go to download unlimited movies to your PC or smartphone.

www.thefinestmovies.com

November 13 2011 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
danny

So if this episode is exciting,that means the show is usually a bore,right? That explains the crappy ratings and talk of cancellation.

November 12 2011 at 2:58 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
harolddundee

The worst show to be on TV in many years is the Chew with that fat ass Dago Mario that thinks everyone wants to be Italian.

November 12 2011 at 2:30 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to harolddundee's comment
Camille

DAGO ?? WTF !!!!!! That is an ethnic slur ... WTF are you ?? Above everyone else ??

November 12 2011 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ez760

and they wanna cut the show - I wouldn't put it passed ABC - they've done it before , with Boston Legal

November 12 2011 at 1:27 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
lthrnck68

If TVs were equiped with weapons, this show would be in serious danger of running into some anti-aircraft fire.

November 12 2011 at 1:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dubricus

I just realized one of the things that bothers me.

The reason airlines pilots were older.... usually in their 40s.... was because they were all ex-military. They'd learned to fly and had gotten loads of experience either as bomber pilots in WW2 and Korea or they'd been fighter pilots who switched to cargo planes after the war, then into passenger planes.

However, the key is that they were ex-military in wartime. Pan-Am is set in 1963. Vietnam had not yet ramped up. We were still there mostly as "advisors"..... The real air war with day after day of bombing runs, etc did not occur until the Johnson Administration and Nixon.

So, even if you figure these 2 Pan-Am pilots were young hot-shot jet jocks..... that opportunity (if you can call it that) had not really happened yet. They're too young for Korea. They'd have cut their military flying teeth in an era when things were relatively quiet, which would not allow for "hot-shots" to jump the ranks due to combat.

November 12 2011 at 12:37 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dubricus's comment
ez760

I think it gives a pretty good idea of what led us into the "free love" generation and sexuality as it was percieved in those days - these pilots were the few that probably had family money backin them and if your an old movie buff ( like me ) you could see how the show does fit the era of the modern day "playboy" of the 60's - like Animal House the movie (all ficticous) , but gave everyone some insight into what really did go on on college campuses during the early 60's - it was a new dawn or era for America , our parents are jet setters and the cars reflected that - as for the pilots themselves , many of them still do come outta the armed forces and fly these planes , but there are other options available for pilots these days to get a license to fly these behemouths

November 12 2011 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dubricus

I really wanted to like the show. I liked the look of the pilot, the style... Unfortunately, nothing held up. I tried to watch for another 3 weeks, but the actors don't click in their parts.... the plots are blah!.... and they style did not hold up. As they continued, something became "off" about the period. I remember the 1960s.... I cannot put my finger on it, but something is off about the production design.

Also, the fact that the pilots are so young is very bothersome. Back then pilots were equal to ships' captains. They tended to be veterans of WW2 and Korea.... of the big bombers.... not the Vietnam jet jocks these guys are. The 1st 707 and DC8 jet pilots had definitely earned their wings.... they were in their 40s.... all of them smoked.

How much more interesting to have had an older pilot with a WW2 past.... they've got WW2 angst with the French Stew.... but as a child.... as usual they've given a sped up, genius type background to the pilots.

All the actors are likeable, but they are not clicking in those roles. Too bad... already gave up on it.

November 12 2011 at 12:26 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dubricus's comment
ez760

well for one the time period is set prior to the death of JFK as we saw in one show where the one stewardess had this obsession with JFK - so that would mean that we hadn't yet even entered Vietnam as a full blown war , we were still sendin in advisors and it wouldn't be totally impossible to believe that the pilots did have training provided by the airlines in which they flew for , not everyone can be a cantankerous ol ships captains back then , there was a new generation developing - say the "love generation" and the modern day “ playboy” it was a very intricate part of the times , everyone wanted to be one - with the onset of the Rat Pack , and those James Bond movies , people were moving in a different direction - it was a jolly era as the decade began , but by the end things were in so much in turmoil - it gave new meaning that all good things come to an end - I still remember it as a child as one of the best and worst times of my life - I like the show , but I'm not all hooked on it and don't go outta my way to watch - if I miss a show , I'll just pic up on it next week and by the way most of those ol cantankerous ol ships captains had families then - as for the stewardesses , this is exactly as I remember them bein portrayed as - basically the airlines wanted playboy centerfolds , without the centerfold portion , and they needed to be poised and grand and have delightful attitudes , something we've definitely loss thru the years !!

November 12 2011 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Boo dont like this show! Bring back Brothers & Sisters! The best show ever!

November 12 2011 at 11:53 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jennifer's comment
ez760

sorry , theres no way I'd agree to that - Boston Legal was my show

November 12 2011 at 1:55 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
ctcharliet

A HORRIBLE SHOW BUT NOT AS HORRIBLE AS 'THE CHEW'

November 12 2011 at 11:36 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Michael

This show is a crashing bore. Absolutely nothing happens. Maybe the writers finally got the message, and we'll actually see something take place. If not, if this is an empty promise, time to....ZAP!

November 12 2011 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply