April 24, 2014

Anna Kournikova Leaving 'The Biggest Loser'

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 14th 2011 12:30PM
Anna Kournikova Leaving The Biggest LoserTennis star Anna Kournikova is leaving NBC's 'The Biggest Loser' after one season, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Kournikova joined the reality show as a trainer for Season 12, serving alongside long-time trainer Bob Harper. She was hired as a replacement for Jillian Michaels.

There have been rumors of Kournikova clashing with the staff behind the scenes and THR also reports contestants found her coaching to be too "brash."

At least one contestant took to Kournikova's coaching skills. After leaving the NBC series, contestant Joe Mitchell told People that the trainer helped "fix" him.

"Anna made me believe that I could [lose weight]," Mitchell said. "She drilled in our heads that the only person you can really rely on is yourself."

In a statement, Kournikova confirmed her exit from the series, noting she'd always be part of 'The Biggest Loser' family.

"I enjoyed my time on the 'Biggest Loser' ranch. Although I will not be returning as a full time trainer on season 13, I will always be a part of 'The Biggest Loser' family and my commitment to bettering lives through health and fitness will continue."

No replacement has been named.

Tell us: Will you miss Anna Kournikova on 'The Biggest Loser'?

JD

I also think that a lot of people on the show were simply jealous of Anna, she never had a weight problem, is a pro tennis player with a hot boyfriend!

November 23 2011 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erica

I am not surprised by this. Anna never pushed her contestants to their full potental. We seen that on last weeks show when Delvet pushed one of the oldest women a lot farther than she as all season. As a result of that she lost the most weight she has lost all season.

November 15 2011 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

She was screwed from the beginning when she was stuck with the senior citizens. For some reason, this show will only keep the gay trainers, like it's a crime to be straight.

November 15 2011 at 9:00 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Johnny

ya beeches be jealous of anna she's the hottie and ya be wishin ya be like her ya tryin too keep ma girl down jusst step off and leave her alone. anna is da shizzle me dizzle!

November 15 2011 at 7:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Johnny

November 15 2011 at 7:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Johnny

wtf, wy dem punks be dissin my girl anna dey etter step off and leave her be

November 15 2011 at 7:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Johnny

wtf, wy dem punks be dissin my girl anna dey etter step off and leave her be

November 15 2011 at 7:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VansWife4Life

Jillian Michaels shows are size 20's, so not many if any will ever be able to fill them. Her mark etched into the Biggest Loser FOREVER!! Jillian and Bob always seemed so very sincere and caring in their roles as trainers, and and as one post says, Anna seemed to be such a sweetheart and didn't fit the bill. I wish her well and all the best to come. Good Luck Anna.

November 15 2011 at 5:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

Your headline is deceiving. She is not a host of the show, she is a trainer.

November 15 2011 at 4:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janette

She is not for the show. Didnt like her attitude at all. With all your money will you do something with those EARS please!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 15 2011 at 3:14 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply