September 20, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Johnny Depp Talks About US Customs Pulling Guns on Him for 'Drugs' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 14th 2011 12:30AM
Johnny Depp, 'The Graham Norton Show'On 'The Graham Norton Show' (Sat., 10PM ET on BBC America), Johnny Depp said he once told a customs agent that he had piranha and vampire bats in one of his bags. We thought he was cracking a joke for Norton's audience. Then, we thought maybe he was cracking a joke for the customs officials.

It turns out he really did have these things, along with a powdered vitamin supplement that somehow exploded all over the contents of the bag. At this point, Ricky Gervais completely hijacked the interview to get Depp back on point. The actor was talking about the powder, but that clearly wasn't the most interesting part of this story.

"Never mind the cocaine, right?" Gervais quipped. "But why did you have piranhas and bats?"

"I thought it was important to have them," Depp deadpanned.

collectsrocks

It's extremely important to have your vampire bats and piranha carefully secured and wrapped at all times during international travel. That way they are safe from supplement explosions.

November 14 2011 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeannen17

Stupid story

November 14 2011 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yesyoda

Clearly this writer does not no the differnce between Graham Norton talk show host/comedian and Gordan Ramsay chef. Please get yourself a fact checker.

November 14 2011 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lapack7

bats? snakes ? Too much time with HST he may never recover.

November 14 2011 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cbstinc

He did not have any drugs.

November 14 2011 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Storm

He didn't have any drugs they found out it was a vitamin supplement..can you her or read? He is not promoting drugs. He did what he did years ago and so did millions of other people who had kids at the time. Put coke up their noses and by the way they are still doing it. Big shots, teachers ,cops ,your neighbors and your parents and to your shock many people in their 60's . What bothers me is the people that bitch about it and go home and do it because they are hyprocrits. I bet more then half of the whiners in here are also doing some kind of drug . Prescription or illegal but you are doing it. Before you talk about Depp who no longer does drugs go look in your medicine cabinet or your stash drawer.

November 14 2011 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robertstone1robert

Over drugs? Over something so trivial. Only lesser being are given to scrutiny by customs people , not a pirate.

November 14 2011 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jvmcfla@aim.com

I am not sure why he is speaking with a slight English accent either... if I had to guess I would say that he just felt like it... I think that he just wanted to and did! I think he wakes up and just says to himself ok today I feel like doing this, talking like this.... or maybe he was on the phone with Madonna the night before his interview and her English accent rubbed off on him!!!

November 14 2011 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jvmcfla@aim.com's comment
Sue

Being in a foreign country the accent wears on you. Same here in the States, if you're from the north and move say to Georgia, and you've lived there long enough, their southern drawl sticks with you too..l

November 14 2011 at 12:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sue's comment
collectsrocks

I grew up in Ohio. In the early 70's I lived in Virginia only one year. I still haven't lost the phrase "y'all" even though I've lived in NY state over 25 years.

November 14 2011 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
sandi wood

I love Carrie Underwood, but I thought she could take some pointers on attire from Reba, also the acoustics could have been better, sometimes it was impossible to understand who was presenting the award.

November 14 2011 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gymbo bogymm

Came back to the puppy with big teeth, John?? Came to play with the toy? He's back here, after his rant about Americns being dumb..Taxed to high in Europe...Guess he''ll talk like an Indian after a few days...he claims to be one of them. Just hope he doesn't go to Nigeria. Well...maybe should..He can play a pirate..Never been a fan..I just don't care for him. But good luck John with your drugs..you sure will inspire our children with that liberal mind of yours...backfired, eh John/?? Alaways does.

November 14 2011 at 12:09 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply