August 20, 2014

NBC Announces 2012 Midseason Schedule

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 14th 2011 6:21PM
NBC Midseason ScheduleNBC is doing a big midseason shuffle, putting '30 Rock' in the 'Community' timeslot, a move that could spell the end for the quirky cult-hit comedy. What else is changing? Well, quite a bit.

'30 Rock' returns to the Peacock on Thurs., Jan. 12 at 8PM ET, knocking 'Community' off NBC's schedule completely. New drama 'The Firm' takes the Thursdays, 10PM ET slot now held by 'Prime Suspect' and 'Whitney' swaps time slots with 'Up All Night.'

'Smash' hits NBC on Mon., Feb. 6 at 10PM ET, moving 'Rock Center' to Wednesdays at 9PM ET. However, those aren't the only changes. Check out the full schedule below for all the details.

NBC made no mention of 'Community,' 'Prime Suspect,' 'Awake,' 'Bent,' Betty White's 'Off Their Rockers' or 'BFFs' in their announcement. Per Vulture: NBC says 'Community' will return to the schedule, but no date has been given.

MONDAYS
8-10PM 'The Voice' (season premiere Sunday, February 5; series resumes February 6)
10-11PM 'Smash' (beginning February 6)

TUESDAYS
8-10PM 'The Biggest Loser' (beginning January 3)
10-11PM 'Parenthood' (through February 28)
10-11PM 'Fashion Star' (beginning Tuesday, March 13, 9-11 p.m. ET with two-hour premiere; one-hour broadcasts resume March 20)

WEDNESDAYS
8-8:30PM 'Whitney' (beginning January 11)
8:30-9PM 'Are You There, Chelsea?' (beginning January 11)
9-10PM 'Rock Center with Brian Williams' (beginning February 8)
10-11PM 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit'

THURSDAYS
8-8:30PM '30 Rock' (beginning January 12)
8:30-9PM 'Parks and Recreation'
9-9:30PM 'The Office'
9:30-10PM 'Up All Night' (beginning January 12)
10-11PM 'The Firm' (two-hour premiere Sunday January 8; Thursday time period premiere January 12)

FRIDAYS
8-9PM 'Who Do You Think You Are?' (beginning February 3)
9-10PM 'Grimm'
10-11PM 'Dateline NBC'

SATURDAYS
8-9PM 'Harry's Law' (encore broadcasts)
9-10PM 'The Firm' (encore broadcasts)
10-11PM 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' (encore broadcasts)

SUNDAYS
7-9PM 'Dateline NBC' (beginning January 8)
8-9PM 'Harry's Law' (beginning March 4)
9-11PM 'The Celebrity Apprentice' (beginning February 12)

Tell us: What do you think of the new schedule?

adamwei1

Cee Lo is a big dumb untalented douchebag who like most african american pop entertainers has no integrity and will go to the opening of an envelope for the money. Cancel his piece of **** Voice show, pleassseee!!!!

December 24 2011 at 1:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Polentical

There's plenty of fan support out there! The Xmas episode was one of their better ones. http://polentical.com/2011/12/20/community-christmas/

December 21 2011 at 12:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

NBC's loss is CBS' gain! Proof is in the current ratings for Thursday nights...CBS won all timeslots! I started watching CBS shows exclusively a few years ago...but with the premieres of Harry's Law and this season Prime Suspect I started to watch NBC again (for those shows). Now it appears Prime Suspect is gone and Harry's Law might be gone next Fall...oh well I have my CBS...

December 10 2011 at 2:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rbdj22725

It sucks! I have been hoping the "powers that be" at NBC would pull their heads out of their asses and get a clue. There are only 3 shows on that list that I am interested in and they are Parenthood, Harry's Law and Law and Order svu. I still miss the original L & O but I do not fit the desirerable demograpics so I know what my opinion means. NBC must own stock in TNT and USA because they are driving thier viewers to those cable stations in droves.

November 26 2011 at 2:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean McCoskey

I hope Community comes back! I just got into it and I can't get enough! I love 30 Rock too so I hope that show stays strong in its new time slot as well. I'm still trying to regain some trust in NBC after they brutally and unjustly killed Caprica, so if this Community and 30 Rock thing doesn't work out well I'll have no reason to watch any NBC.

November 22 2011 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean McCoskey

November 22 2011 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie Shea

Do you really want to hear what I think about this? It's utterly RIDICULOUS. Community is an original, unique show yet it's being pulled off and thrown in limbo. Whitney and Are you there, Chelsea? deserve to be together. They're both unfunny, unoriginal, uncreative shows. Yeah, Chelsea isn't even on yet but it's going to suck because Chelsea Handler is a totally useless human being. 30 Rock is moving to 8pm? So dumb. It's a way more adult show than Parks & Rec or the Office (which I both love). Wrong time slot, NBC. Tons of wrong moves with this one. Way to go.

November 22 2011 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hu Evel

Disgusted!!!!! Why would you remove Prime Suspect from your lineup? It has excellent writing and great actors. I may NEED TO boycott NBC, unless, Prime Suspect is brought back!!

November 18 2011 at 12:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hu Evel

Disgusted!!! I NEED my Prime Suspect-finally some good writing, excellent acting and what do you do???? I may just have to boycott NBC.

November 18 2011 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luxmore1

NBC must be run by a bunch of lazy idiots with absolutely no creativity. All they ever do is take great shows off the air and put back crap, and if another good show comes along, they trash it to make room for more garbage. I hate NBC and everyone that had anything to do with this, I really do hope you all get fired. And when you can't find another job because no one is hiring useless, talent less hacks, your family will be sure that it's all your fault for being unbelievably stupid and worthless.

November 16 2011 at 3:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply